OT: Philadelphia Eagles: It’ll Take More Than A Few Bounces To Knock Our Crown Off Part Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I mean I think we need to pump the brakes here.
yeah
foles was pretty mediocre for the first, what, 57 minutes of that game? [yeah, that D had a good bit to do with it]
bout 20 for 25 for just over 200 yards with 1 td and 2 ints

Reactions: JXC

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
yeah
foles was pretty mediocre for the first, what, 57 minutes of that game? [yeah, that D had a good bit to do with it]

The 1st INT wasn't on Foles though -- was taken out of the receiver's hands. Tight throw for sure, but good throw.

Reactions: mmvvpp

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
The 1st INT wasn't on Foles though -- was taken out of the receiver's hands. Tight throw for sure, but good throw.
no 80% Foles. He threw it slightly behind the RB.

Lead the RB and the LB has no chance on the play. It was only tight because he made it tight. Next closest bears player was 5-10 yards away.

He made a bazillion other good throws and it worked out in the end... Also...the LB did make a good play there so a tip of the hat on that too.

Reactions: Les Averman

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
So I believe after last weekend we now have pick 21 in round 2 (Ravens)...which is 53. This is of course for trading out of 32 last year, where the Ravens picked Lamar Jackson.

Last edited:
Reactions: JXC and Jtown

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Fran has the best team-sponsored content out there from any franchise every week as far as I'm concerned, so this entire thread is always worth viewing, but look at both blocks Kelce makes on the Smallwood screen in the second play (0:22ish in Shot 6). That's a 280 lb man.

And more Goedert. This is the Alshon 30 yard clear out. There are no training wheels for the kid.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
yeah
I didn't even mean it like that, I am just saying that I wouldn't start making comparisons from last year to this year unless and until they are in the Super Bowl. If you're the quarterback and your team is winning, you're going to get a lot of credit even if you aren't playing great and I have no problem with that. Nine Inch Nick is already a legend in Philly and will be forever regardless of what happens the rest of this season, but this season will be forgotten if they don't win it all. Only way that is not true is if they get to the SB by way of a win on the road in Dallas. Then the legend will grow. Otherwise he'll be linked to last year and probably not a whole lot else. Not knocking him at all, I just don't think the comparison is there yet. Counting chickens before they hatch or something.

Reactions: JXC

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
He threw to the wrong shoulder. It’s a play he would like to have back. Smith made a hell of a play but if he throws to smallwoods left shoulder instead of right that ball isn’t picked off.
Could also be that Smallwood “sat down” in the wrong spot.

Wentz had a couple throws that looked like bad throws this season in similar situations.

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
Fran has the best team-sponsored content out there from any franchise every week as far as I'm concerned, so this entire thread is always worth viewing, but look at both blocks Kelce makes on the Smallwood screen in the second play (0:22ish in Shot 6). That's a 280 lb man.

And more Goedert. This is the Alshon 30 yard clear out. There are no training wheels for the kid.

Getting Sproles healthy has been huge; pretty sure neither Adams nor Smallwood nor Clement see (and hit) a hole here. Sproles got eight yards.

D6741557-809C-4B89-93E5-2D622FEF0312.png

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
Here too, this is very similar to the screen pass that Vandenesche or whatever his name is blew up that was a big part of a loss to a Dallas. Sproles got 14 YAC here.

11F013C2-3BA6-462D-973B-701102185D71.png

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Does anyone have the PFF grades for the oline this past week? I am curious how Peters graded out. Every time i saw him on an island with Mack he dominated him. Peters doesn't get upfield like he use to in the screen game and running game but on an island no pass rusher is going to beat him when healthy.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Getting Sproles healthy has been huge; pretty sure neither Adams nor Smallwood nor Clement see (and hit) a hole here. Sproles got eight yards.

View attachment 173743

Absolutely. The other place where he was huge was the threat of him as a receiver when they motioned into Empty sets from both 11 and 12.

The personnel packages forced Chicago to keep an extra LB or Safety on the field and because every eligible on the Eagles was such a threat, Foles basically knows he's getting Zone, which helps him set his key and get the ball out quickly. Good luck calling Man with Sproles on a LB in space.

Does anyone have the PFF grades for the oline this past week? I am curious how Peters graded out. Every time i saw him on an island with Mack he dominated him. Peters doesn't get upfield like he use to in the screen game and running game but on an island no pass rusher is going to beat him when healthy.

Not well. Basically, their thoughts were that Mack won his battles consistently, but Foles got the ball out very quickly.

I would argue Roquan Smith was the best player on the field Sunday, but they had it:

1. Tre Sullivan
  2. Khalil Mack
  3. Dallas Goedert
  4. Allen Robinson

Last edited:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Is it just me or is everyone on the radio talking about Foles like he won two Super Bowls? We still need to win two games to even get there.

f*** even comparing him to Montana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad