OT: Philadelphia Eagles: It’ll Take More Than A Few Bounces To Knock Our Crown Off Part Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
One thing this team definitely needs to address is a true shutdown corner (not Darby). This team got ripped this year by #1 WRs way too many times, even before everyone got hurt.

Week 1: Julio - 169 yards
Week 2: Desean - 129 yards, TD
Week 4: Davis - 161 yards, TD
Week 5: Thielen - 110 yards, TD
Week 12: Thomas & Smith combine for over 250 yards and 2 TDs - worst game of year, granted
Week 14: Cooper - 217 yards, 3 TDs
Wild Card: Robinson - 143 yards, TD
Divisonal: Thomas - 171 yards, TD

I feel as if that's way too many games where a guy gets over 125 yards on us.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Frustrating season overall, yet they had the chance to keep it going and just didn't have it. I think they ran out of gas more than anything. It's a disappointing way to lose, but the last 18 months this team has given us as fans has been a great ride.

Looking into next year, we need a lot of changes to get back into contention. Peters likely retires, not sure if the rumors on Kelce are true or not, but we'll need to do something on the O-Line. We also need a better and healthy run game to be competitive, and allow Carson to do what we does best. I like our receiving corp and TEs, if we can keep them in tact somehow. Matthews isn't the player he once was, but as 4th WR, he's a great option, so I'd keep him if he wants to stay. Not sure if Tate stays or not. If not, maybe Desean comes back to be our deep threat.

On D, we just need to try to remain deep on the line. Cox played way too much throughout the season, and you could tell he didn't have a lot in the tank by the end of it. Lots of question marks on the line, IMO. I feel as if LBs could completely be different next year too. DBs are going to be interesting too. I like what I saw out of LeBlanc these last few games. I think Maddox is a good player, but not a starting Corner. He wasn't bad at safety earlier in the year, or maybe in the slot. Douglas and Graham kept it together when everyone was getting injured, but not sure if they're keepers or depth guys.

Overall, it should be an interesting offseason.

we had so many missing pieces going into the playoffs, no running back, oline not healthy, it was too much for us to overcome to repeat. last year was different because we had healthy pieces in tact and playing so well it got us to a sb victory.

Reactions: BigToe and JXC

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Really difficult to win at this time of year without a ground game.

Here are the rushing numbers for the four games this weekend:

273-50
180-87
155-19
137-49

I’m not going for post hoc ergo propter hoc but you simply must be able to move the ball on the ground in January.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
One thing this team definitely needs to address is a true shutdown corner (not Darby). This team got ripped this year by #1 WRs way too many times, even before everyone got hurt.

Week 12: Thomas & Smith combine for over 250 yards and 2 TDs - worst game of year, granted

justa quick clarification..Djax is not Tampa's #1...so it makes it a lil worse

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Schwartz generally doesn't match Corners. It's Right and Left. There won't be anything special about having a CB1 while he's here.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Schwartz generally doesn't match Corners. It's Right and Left.

Then we need two shutdown corners, lol. Or a better scheme when a certain side/player is scorching us. We can't only rely on the pass rush. The pass rush needs to support the secondary by trying to get home quickly, and the secondary needs to support the pass rush to allow for coverage sacks.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Bye bye peters graham hicks darby long and foles. Thats 35 mill atleast

I'm not sure Graham is gone, but perhaps that's wishful thinking on my part.

Hicks is going to be an interesting call to me. He shouldn't cost too much -- figure 4ish per -- and Bradham just is not the same player without him.

Reactions: JXC

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

Hicks is going to be an interesting call to me. He shouldn't cost too much -- figure 4ish per -- and Bradham just is not the same player without him.
Agreed on Graham. I'm not a big cliche' guy, but I really feel like he's a glue guy in that locker room. That and he's still a pretty damn good football player.

They may be forced to bring back Hicks. They're not in a position to draft an instant impact guy at LB, and there's not an answer already on the roster. Mack Wilson going early is interesting though.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
out of the 4 games played this weekend, this was the closest one. score wise and latest to be decided.

Stop the Madness

Nov 27, 2017

Hicks was very promising as a rookie. Not sure what happened

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Agreed on Graham. I'm not a big cliche' guy, but I really feel like he's a glue guy in that locker room. That and he's still a pretty damn good football player.

They may be forced to bring back Hicks. They're not in a position to draft an instant impact guy at LB, and there's not an answer already on the roster. Mack Wilson going early is interesting though.

I'm almost always on the trade down bandwagon, but yeah. I can't imagine Devin White is on the board at 25, so that leaves you looking at Devin Bush. I don't care what happens in testing, I'm not going to be happy with Devin Bush at 25 unless I missed a lot from tv broadcasts.

I moved Garrett Bradburry up to the top of my watch list after the Kelce news, so I don't want to comment on him yet, but he would be on my short list so far.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I'm almost always on the trade down bandwagon, but yeah. I can't imagine Devin White is on the board at 25, so that leaves you looking at Devin Bush. I don't care what happens in testing, I'm not going to be happy with Devin Bush at 25 unless I missed a lot from tv broadcasts.

I moved Garrett Bradburry up to the top of my watch list after the Kelce news, so I don't want to comment on him yet, but he would be on my short list so far.
We need help so badly on defense. No playmakers in the back 7 aside from Rasul who I don't know if I even count.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Biggest thing that cost us that game imo was Doug declining the penalty on 4 and an inch. Leads to fake punt and td drive by the saints. 3rd and 11 or 4th and an inch. That's a no brainer most of the time. I say most of the time because Jim Schwartz defense is awesome on short yardage downs and absolutely awful on 3rd and long. So maybe it was the right call

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Biggest thing that cost us that game imo was Doug declining the penalty on 4 and an inch. Leads to fake punt and td drive by the saints. 3rd and 11 or 4th and an inch. That's a no brainer most of the time. I say most of the time because Jim Schwartz defense is awesome on short yardage downs and absolutely awful on 3rd and long. So maybe it was the right call
You decline the penalty every time. Philly left the defense out there in case of the fake and they didn’t execute.

New Orleans were the more talented team. The coaching staff did a good job keeping it close but this team could use a few more playmakers on both offense and defense.

Reactions: JXC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad