OT: Philadelphia Eagles: It’ll Take More Than A Few Bounces To Knock Our Crown Off Part Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The first Foles INT was the turning point imo. They had all of the momentum and were driving again. NO couldn't stop them up until that point. Would have been a 3 score, if not 3 TD game with about 38 minutes to play.

All downhill from there.

Even after the fake punt they need how many plays and a 4th and goal conversion on a perfect throw against a corner picked up off of the street a few weeks ago (that's a run-on).

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
We need help so badly on defense. No playmakers in the back 7 aside from Rasul who I don't know if I even count.

Jenkins is still Jenkins.

I think they missed McLeod more than most do, but I’m higher than consensus on him. One thing he really excelled in was taking angles to the ball on runs wide (RBs, WRs, etc). They struggled with contains most of the year when guys would bounce or there was misdirection. They definitely need another Safety unless they think he’s currently playing Corner.

Yeah, Rasul is weird. I’m never going to value his archetype too highly because I don’t want my Corners playing that way, but he has flashes. He was unbelievable in Chicago. I definitely don’t want to pay him, but for now, etc.

Darby has to go. Mills is going to be here for another year, but if they pay him, I’ll need a straight jacket.

*Edit* DE is a sneaky high need even if they bring Graham back, I think. Hopefully Sweat is a thing. He’s a legit talent.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Priority number one should be getting Carson healthy. If he is should be a 10 win team next year. Key word is should.

Reactions: Jtown

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
O-Line has to be the top priority. Very likely Brooks misses a good portion of the season if not all of it, Peters is a strong possibility for retirement, and Kelce has said he's debated retirement for the last couple seasons. If all three of those strikes happen, we currently have Vaitai - Seumalo - Wisniewski - Pryor? - Johnson.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
The first Foles INT was the turning point imo. They had all of the momentum and were driving again. NO couldn't stop them up until that point. Would have been a 3 score, if not 3 TD game with about 38 minutes to play.

All downhill from there.

Even after the fake punt they need how many plays and a 4th and goal conversion on a perfect throw against a corner picked up off of the street a few weeks ago (that's a run-on).
Losing Brooks was huge before that.

Reactions: JXC

Tank To Win

Apr 8, 2010
Northampton, Pa
why is the Rendell still on post game live lol

I was thinking the same thing. I never really understood why they continued to have him on the air...even when he was Governor, and, he should have been focusing on the job that he was elected to do, instead of going on tv and talking about the Eagles. I was waiting for him to fall off his chair or start drooling. Certainly would have been more interesting than his commentary.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville

All downhill from there.

Foles was not able to recover after that.

Last edited:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Outside of Didinger it’s not like you’re really getting any value out of that crew. Barkhann is moron even as a host, the Gov is a giant homer who says WIP level commentary, Joyner just complains how they don’t run the ball, etc.
How did the Gov ever get that job....I mean the cameo's already seemed a bit much. He's a regular now right?

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Saints had a much worse loss last year and it seemed to have motivated them. ideally the Eagles do the same thing.

Reactions: JXC

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Outside of Didinger it’s not like you’re really getting any value out of that crew. Barkhann is moron even as a host, the Gov is a giant homer who says WIP level commentary, Joyner just complains how they don’t run the ball, etc.

Or how they don’t blitz

Love how Eagles got torched in regular season on the blitz yet Joyner thinks that’s why they lost...didn’t blitz enough according to him

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Jenkins is still Jenkins.

I think they missed McLeod more than most do, but I’m higher than consensus on him. One thing he really excelled in was taking angles to the ball on runs wide (RBs, WRs, etc). They struggled with contains most of the year when guys would bounce or there was misdirection. They definitely need another Safety unless they think he’s currently playing Corner.

Yeah, Rasul is weird. I’m never going to value his archetype too highly because I don’t want my Corners playing that way, but he has flashes. He was unbelievable in Chicago. I definitely don’t want to pay him, but for now, etc.

Darby has to go. Mills is going to be here for another year, but if they pay him, I’ll need a straight jacket.

*Edit* DE is a sneaky high need even if they bring Graham back, I think. Hopefully Sweat is a thing. He’s a legit talent.
DE is huge need. Barnett is who knows, hope for the best. Bennett is older, and IMO its time to say goodbye to Graham. Has the "QB pressures" but few sacks. Our pass rush just did not get it done this year. Chris Long...5.6m...will he be cut/retire?

DT is troubling as well. Cox is great, Jernigan is due 11m, when he's healthy and plays, hes a huge impact guy in there. Is the back thing over? Will he be cut to save the cap hit? Can we restructure?

LB. Hicks, if the price is wrong, see ya. We do need help here probably. Grugier was a step down from Kendricks.

CB is a need IMO. Darby, i can see him signing a 1 year deal due to the injury, will he be healthy? We need all the help we can get, so i don't see how if the price is right, we don't sign him. CB should be a priority.

S. McLeod is gone (9.9m, too much money). IMO we have some CBs that would make good safeties.

OL..Peters, please go (10.66m). He's too injury prone. The Brooks injury is disastrous. We need linemen.

QB. Foles is gone for his 20m cap hit, will be cut at a minimum. If he wants, I'd be happy with a restructure. Sudfeld, probably back as a RFA.

WR. Golden Tate...gone (wouldnt hate the resign, but hes too much $$ with that money committed to 17 and 13). Mike Wallace, gone. Sheldon Gibson's inability to rise IMO was a disappointment.

RB...everyones favorite "we need a feature back". I don't see it as a high pick with all the above issues. Maybe go after a UFA..as rb is relatively cheap on the open market.

DE/DT/CB/OL in the first...

Reactions: kelmitchell

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
I still can't believe it. No matter how badly they played after that first quarter, they were still driving with time running down, game on the line. I really thought they were going to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad