OT: Philadelphia Eagles: It’ll Take More Than A Few Bounces To Knock Our Crown Off Part Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
The only way I’d be ok with it was if they went for the end zone because they saw something.

They had the potential to go to the two minute warning and get regrouped. There also was the possibility of running the clock to the point where the Saints would have had little to no time to score themselves.

Yes, they would still have to score but the opportunity was there.
He threw a 6 yard pass to the best reciever on our team, who was wide open. He just dropped it.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I really think this game is going to be close and somewhat low scoring
giphy.gif

Reactions: bennysflyers16

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The only way I’d be ok with it was if they went for the end zone because they saw something.

They had the potential to go to the two minute warning and get regrouped. There also was the possibility of running the clock to the point where the Saints would have had little to no time to score themselves.

Yes, they would still have to score but the opportunity was there.

Those are definite advantages. The flipside is that anytime you can keep the defense feeling pressured, you're generally at an advantage. It seemed like they had a plan for what they wanted to accomplish on that down and it was there, so that would be my overriding concern. The time you save by getting a TO can be used during another snap too.

I'm not going to tell you that you get that play off 100% of the time. I just don't think it's a huge difference either way.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
And yet if the play was never called it would have never happened... they’re both at fault.
Ok, so what if they wait until the 2 minute warning and then run the exact same play with the same result? it's not like the 2 minute warning automatically avoids this result. It's on the receiver to make the play, not the coach.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Is there a reason for Payton to call a timeout before their victory formation other than that he's a colossal ****** by default?

Reactions: gertbfrobe16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad