OT: Philadelphia Eagles: It’ll Take More Than A Few Bounces To Knock Our Crown Off Part Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Man how can you blame Schwartz after that game? With the personnel we had out there, Cox out for a stretch, against the best offense in the league and only give up 20 pts?

Offense was clearly the issue

Eye test Defense looked worse as game went on,,,,
But they were the only reason we were in that game right till the end.

They get the least amount of blame imo.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Man how can you blame Schwartz after that game? With the personnel we had out there, Cox out for a stretch, against the best offense in the league and only give up 20 pts?

The fact they couldn’t get off the field is the big reason so they’ll get some blame.

But, yeah, in a vacuum giving up 20 points against this team at home is a great job.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Because people equate results with playcalling. The coverage was not the reason Bradham couldn't make the play on 3rd and 16.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

Exactly.

This is the 2nd fewest points the Saints have scored all year, against a beat up dline and a secondary of Jenkins and nobodies.

Offence once again scores only 14 points - not enough to win in 2019.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

People especially old school types haven’t adjusted their expectations for defenses in general. They just expect suffocating defense in era where offense has so many more advantages to move the ball around.

It wasn’t pretty but the sum game was their defense gave them a shot to win this one as outmatched as they were in personnel.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
People especially old school types haven’t adjusted their expectations for defenses in general. They just expect suffocating defense in era where offense has so many more advantages to move the ball around.

It wasn’t pretty but the sum game was their defense gave them a shot to win this one as outmatched as they were in personnel.

Schwartz (and Undlin) took guys off the street and made a functional secondary. That's not possible. No one has enough DBs.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Frustrating season overall, yet they had the chance to keep it going and just didn't have it. I think they ran out of gas more than anything. It's a disappointing way to lose, but the last 18 months this team has given us as fans has been a great ride.

Looking into next year, we need a lot of changes to get back into contention. Peters likely retires, not sure if the rumors on Kelce are true or not, but we'll need to do something on the O-Line. We also need a better and healthy run game to be competitive, and allow Carson to do what we does best. I like our receiving corp and TEs, if we can keep them in tact somehow. Matthews isn't the player he once was, but as 4th WR, he's a great option, so I'd keep him if he wants to stay. Not sure if Tate stays or not. If not, maybe Desean comes back to be our deep threat.

On D, we just need to try to remain deep on the line. Cox played way too much throughout the season, and you could tell he didn't have a lot in the tank by the end of it. Lots of question marks on the line, IMO. I feel as if LBs could completely be different next year too. DBs are going to be interesting too. I like what I saw out of LeBlanc these last few games. I think Maddox is a good player, but not a starting Corner. He wasn't bad at safety earlier in the year, or maybe in the slot. Douglas and Graham kept it together when everyone was getting injured, but not sure if they're keepers or depth guys.

Overall, it should be an interesting offseason.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I actually like Maddox. Yeah he got torched at times these past two weeks but he’s a good depth DB getting asked to cover top receivers.

Oh I'm completely with you there on Maddox. He's so opposite to what they had been drafting. How many other athletic DBs have they drafted recently? Eric Rowe and then it's probably Jaylen Watkins?

Something changed in that draft room before April. Those were not the archetypes they took for the previous 2 years.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
only complaint i have about the d and coach is, them playing too passive and no pressure on recievers on 3rd downs, also not blitzing in those situations to force an early throw. other than that they did a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad