OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
Sixers reportedly will send Oakfor, Stauskas and a 2nd round pick to Nets for Trevor Booker.

Unless this is a prelude to a another deal, this deal is just awful!

Edit: Also reported Saric has an eye injury. Could have been the catalyst for this deal.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Why is that awful? The Knicks' 2nd probably would have been sold anyway. Okafor and Stauskas are worthless.

Granted I would have liked to get a guy who could play with Simmons, but the bench has been awful and he's not under contract for next year, so there's no cap space effect.

Hell, the only team that I really like (or dislike) this for is Cleveland. :laugh:

Reactions: Lotusflower

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Granted Okafor and Stauskas are out of the picture but still, this really seems like pretty crappy value. I would have at least liked a pick coming back, but instead we send them one? I think I'd be pretty happy with this deal if I was a Nets fan. Oh well. Not likely to impact the team's future one way or the other.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
What value did Okafor/Stauskas actually have? They weren't even in our rotation. Its possible that both find their games and this becomes a landslide in BRK's favor but how likely is that really?

I'm still on the fence about BC and he should've traded JO earlier but at this point this is the only option. BC probably knew he wasnt going to get anything for JO and was gonna just let him walk after this year anyway. At least now you get somebody who wont complain and will actually play in the rotation

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
What value did Okafor/Stauskas actually have? They weren't even in our rotation. Its possible that both find their games and this becomes a landslide in BRK's favor but how likely is that really?

I'm still on the fence about BC and he should've traded JO earlier but at this point this is the only option. BC probably knew he wasnt going to get anything for JO and was gonna just let him walk after this year anyway. At least now you get somebody who wont complain and will actually play in the rotation

Well, Okafor showed that he could be a legitimate low-post scorer in the NBA in his rookie year. Stauskas has come along slowly but had a decent year last year, I think he shot close to the NBA average for threes and he has a decent all-around offensive game. Both are weak defensively but that can be overcome (to an extent) with good team defense. Given the opportunity to play regular minutes I can see both developing their game reasonably well. I would definitely say that this is a better trade for Brooklyn than it is for the Sixers. Although BC's hand probably was forced a bit with Okafor's soon to be free agent status. Not worth getting too worked up over imo, but I don't think we got good value in this trade.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
On its face ...Brooklyn gets more potential value since both Sauce and LowPostafor were worthless here and sunk costs. Verdict is out though. I wish BC could have gotten better value and didn't throw in the 2nd rounder but this is like the Flyers situation where we basically dumped Luke Schenn and squandered an asset in JVR in the process. Poor asset management but luckily we are still in good shape going forward. It was not healthy having Okafor on this team anymore....at least we have turned a page. Hopefully, Okafor doesn't come back to burn us but ultimately he made his own bed here being one dimensional.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
What were you expecting to get for a player who hasn't played in a year and looked awful when he did?

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
everything about Amir Johnsons game is ugly good lord. Give me a competent backup C for xmas

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Who's the old guy with the white beard by the Sixer bench. He's been at every home game for years. He's fan goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad