OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
My girl leans over and is like: "I thought you said Embiid was supposed to be good!" HAHAHAHAHA I'm about to be single fellas, Jesus take the wheel

Other halftime thoughts: Bayless still terrible, when our shooters are on we look like a tough seven game series for any non-Warriors team in the league, Simmons lack of aggression on offense concerning me slightly but we're winning so its cool for now, that Stauskas-Reddick-Bayless- Dario-Jo lineup makes my eyes bleed

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Sixers would probably still be winning this game comfortably if they weren’t turning the ball over every chance they get.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
This is exactly the scenario where we could really use Fultz. Ugh

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Good win. Crazy how many holes this team has and yet is still solidly over .500 despite the strength of schedule.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Going Monday, got tickets for $9...I was under the impression that it would be impossible to get in the building this year

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Good win. Crazy how many holes this team has and yet is still solidly over .500 despite the strength of schedule.
I wouldn't characterize them as having many holes....bench can use some tinkering....Fultz being out hasn't helped. Sixers starting 5 though...when Embiid plays is elite in the league. Worst in the league in turnovers is really a killer but as you note....they have had one of the most difficult schedules to start the season and have thus far exceeded expectations in many respects. Good coaching, leadership, identity, buy in to the system, improved D and 2 franchise cornerstone type players bodes well going forward to say the least. Just gotta learn to beat the elites...Boston and GS in particular to say they have fully arrived as contenders.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
TJ being out has hurt too, he runs the offense very well, when he's in with Ben. Ben can focus on the offense and not run the team.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Nah I'm in love with our team. The core at least. They've completely exceeded expectations through the first quarter. Most of the holes I'm referring to are things that couldn't have been addressed until our core was solidified so in that respect I feel like we're doing fine.

Turnovers are part and parcel of the motion offense so the amount doesn't bother me but the KIND of giveaways do. Jo getting the ball holding it for 8 seconds then turning and facing only to turn right into a double or stumble over his own feet and give it up, Bayless looking his man in the face then throwing it past him into the first row. Those kinds of giveaways have to come down. I don't have a problem with the kind of turnovers where you're trying to whip it around quickly and its through the hands, that'll tighten up eventually.

The Achilles heel of the Process has always been the wing defense. That's what killed us during all those losing streaks in those years. That has to change as well. Part of it is that Brett Brown and staff are gonna have to go back to work developing. Diehards know how long it took Covington to become what he is now and TLC/Anderson/Holmes are going thru that now. Hopefully they can eventually reach their potential because they all have tantalizing upside.

As for Simmons being "useless" during the end of games that's a crock of ****. He cant shoot a lick but we knew that coming in.
He's one of the most impactful defensive rookies of all time and that's why he's out there.
That will come around. I like that he doesn't force it when he knows he's off. Unlike other rookies who jack trying to disprove their doubters, he just tries to secure the win.
He'll never be LeBron on offense but he's averaged 18.5 on average efficiency with no jumpshot and bad free throw shooting.

Reactions: Cody Webster

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I meant they can’t run the offense through him because the other team will just put him on the line with less than 2 minutes. Having to hide your PG in the post while Redick and Covington handle the ball on offense isn’t ideal. It’s basically 4v5 at the end of games.

Reactions: Jtown

Stop the Madness

Nov 27, 2017
Any update on Fultz?

When he comes back will he take minutes away from Bayless?

They said they would re-evaluate him after a couple of weeks. I believe that is next week sometime, but I honestly don't expect him back. Just looking at how they handled Simmons and Embiid, I don't expect a return anytime soon.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Fultz is in Kentucky apparently rehabbing. They wont hold him out as long as they did Simmons. They needed another tank year last year, barring an Embiid injury they wont need another this year.

This year is about making the playoffs and showing enough competitiveness overall to lure LeBron or any other prospective free agent in the summer

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I’m dreading the LeBron to Philly rumors. It really makes no sense for anybody and there’s no reason it should happen. Let him go to LA.

Reactions: Rebels57

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
76ers have (officially) reached the top 10 in the NBA power rankings (7th on NBA.com).

Never thought I would see the day. They can really be hit or miss still, but for such a young team, they really are fun to watch. Playoffs would be a great experience for them.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The last time was probably when they had that hot start coming out of the 2011 lockout.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
College related, but Ball is leaving UCLA lol
Surprised he was still even there. Lavar had said multiple times his kids don’t need high school or college to make the NBA.

Little does he know that this Ball has a really low chance of even making the NBA.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Surprised he was still even there. Lavar had said multiple times his kids don’t need high school or college to make the NBA.

Little does he know that this Ball has a really low chance of even making the NBA.
Yea, it's gonna be a struggle for him. I dont even think he's gonna transfer, he's just gonna drop out and then enter the draft. Hopefully he goes undrafted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad