JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
They miss McConnell, too.

Frickley

why am i watching this
Apr 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
I want to f***ing vomit. 3/4 of that game was garbage. Turnovers, outrebounded until the 4th, stupid fouls. Redick in particular was garbage.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It is absurd to cut up the Sixers right now. Does anybody want them to be a 10 win team again? Be thankful we have a healthy Embiid thus far and Simmons as our cornerstone franchise players with a pretty good supporting cast and a still decent pipeline of draft picks and prospects ....not to mention cap space and flexibility. We also have Fultz waiting in the wings. We are most likely a playoff team and a potentially dangerous one to boot that other teams probably worry about playing in the first round. Seriously, some people are already getting spoiled. Part of the process is making the playoffs...they should be good for that barring any injury disasters. Sit back and enjoy...they aren't going to win every game and it's a long season. They are playing just fine albeit teams are playing them harder since they know they will get beat now if they don't play hard. Not the old Sixers anymore. Finally, the leadership is just fine....nobody can say they are leaderless when Embiid is playing that if for sure. It is patently absurd to suggest contrary...

Reactions: JackStraw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
It's easy to get frustrated when the team makes obvious mistakes and loses to teams they should beat, but that's only because the turnaround has happened quicker than we expected. Leadership is fine, but they're young. If there's one thing you know you can expect from a young team and that's inconsistency and mental mistakes. They're obviously trying to find that balance between the kind of ball movement Brown likes, and playing through Embiid. That will take time.

Reactions: Embiid

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I hate colangelo. I hope jahlil tears it up in nj

I agree. He is brutal to say the least. He thinks he is to cool for school all the while he is getting bent over by all the GM's he has dealings with. Sam Hinkie has to be sick with what he is seeing right now. Will someone please tell me the benefit of yesterday's trade? Now I like the 30 year old player we got but to trade our two young players AND a pick for him has to be some sort of a joke. Shame but it looks to me like colangelo is trying tear down what Sam did for us.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I am still more of a Hinkie fan and I think Colangelo doesn't have the meticulous genius to avoid the small blunders that eventually add up but overall he hasn't botched anything to say he has been incompetent. I still don't like him throwing in picks in trades that are not necessary especially like he did with Fultz. He needed to play that trade more shrewdly. Hinkie and Gupta would have ...truly believe it. Celtics wanted Tatum all along and Ball was going to the Lakers....plus Tatum wouldn't have necessarily been a bad addition if we did draft him at 3. But let's see what we got with Fultz....

As far as Okafor ..my same source that last year told me about Okafor's knee situation which proved itself true said that him sitting and not playing was to keep his knees healthy and extract something for him and not lose him for nothing. That was the real reason. Apparently he has a Bynum type situation with his knees. He is damaged goods. 50 year old knees was the characterization from my source and his. He will be serviceable but he isn't going to have a long career. Him trimming down will buy him some time...but not much. Dude was a sunk cost. Health issues...didn't fit the pace and space system we play....terrible defender...can't jump over a dime.....etc. Honestly...not too worried now about any hauntings. I mean nothing in that dude's demeanor really scares me....same with his one dimensional game. Glad we are moving on. We got a playoff rental in the process and maintain cap flexibility for a possible addition of LeBron...

Reactions: Cody Webster

Stop the Madness

Nov 27, 2017
It is absurd to cut up the Sixers right now. Does anybody want them to be a 10 win team again? Be thankful we have a healthy Embiid thus far and Simmons as our cornerstone franchise players with a pretty good supporting cast and a still decent pipeline of draft picks and prospects ....not to mention cap space and flexibility. We also have Fultz waiting in the wings. We are most likely a playoff team and a potentially dangerous one to boot that other teams probably worry about playing in the first round. Seriously, some people are already getting spoiled. Part of the process is making the playoffs...they should be good for that barring any injury disasters. Sit back and enjoy...they aren't going to win every game and it's a long season. They are playing just fine albeit teams are playing them harder since they know they will get beat now if they don't play hard. Not the old Sixers anymore. Finally, the leadership is just fine....nobody can say they are leaderless when Embiid is playing that if for sure. It is patently absurd to suggest contrary...

part of me understands that they are a farcry from the start of "the process" and they are a bunch of young players who need time to gel and will eventually be contenders

but part of me is a greedy prick who wants them to go undefeated and will settle for nothing less lol

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Ben dominating with flair and his expression still the same hahaha

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Why on earth is JJ chucking up a desperation 3 with 15+ on the clock down by 3? Then down by 6 Holmes airballs a 3, they need to learn how to play late in close games.

Reactions: JXC

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
I'd have rather gotten blown out then see Cov limp off. Went ice cold in the clutch as is our m.o. Booker looked solid though

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Overall they played well but blew it at the end. Work in process... I mean progress... whatever. Can’t be too disappointed given that a loss was expected. The news on Fultz sounds encouraging at least.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hard to win a game like that without Joel....as noted. I get it..they rest him for games where they have a better chance of beating a team with Embiid even more than without. Plus he gets more rest...but this whole back to back thing is getting old.

Booker did look good....that was encouraging. Plays hard...good on D

Roco's injury is troublesome. Anything with a back is always scary. It would suck if it is anything long term and serious. He walked off but did not look good.

Well...if Roco is out for an extended period....hopefully Fultz can be value-added.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Snow to shovel, hurt Embiid, hurt Wentz. Xmas just aint the same when you creep past 18, huh?

Edit: now I'm waiting on the Embiid out for season notifications and and then I can back to drinking as my my main pastime

Last edited:
Reactions: JXC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->