OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
he is being extremely honest which is a nice change of pace.

a throughly impressive press conference. Glad to see him become the face of this franchise after the whole twittergate scandal. I do have my doubts about his x's and o's but you can't question his leadership and his ability to see the big picture.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
second time bb mentions that you need big assets to get a star player.

says they were going to keep bridges but phoenix was aggressive in trying to make the trade and they couldnt turn it down.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
i think the it just happened thing is bs he wanted smith from the jump he's just trying to sell everyone on the trade

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
This was one of the toughest drafts i've seen in any sport. I can only imagine how heartbroken Mikal and his mom must've been when they found out about the trade. And i wanted him just as much as a lot of the casuals losing their minds over this, for sure he'd be immediately better than Zhaire will probably be this year. But if they were really 1A and 1B on their board, if his upside is that high, then i trust their decision. I get the appeal of having that unprotected 2021 pick to use in a trade.

I feel bad for Zhaire though. Dude is gonna get murdered by the fans purely for not being a local hero, especially if Mikal kills it out in Phoenix.

Reactions: Cody Webster

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
DgQhAZqXUAAAy_o

Where he gets all of his athleticism.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
i honestly think the sixers are getting leonard. after listening to bb talk about star hunting a couple of times and speaking on the importance of that pick i think its pretty obvious.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
This was one of the toughest drafts i've seen in any sport. I can only imagine how heartbroken Mikal and his mom must've been when they found out about the trade. And i wanted him just as much as a lot of the casuals losing their minds over this, for sure he'd be immediately better than Zhaire will probably be this year. But if they were really 1A and 1B on their board, if his upside is that high, then i trust their decision. I get the appeal of having that unprotected 2021 pick to use in a trade.

I feel bad for Zhaire though. Dude is gonna get murdered by the fans purely for not being a local hero, especially if Mikal kills it out in Phoenix.

the first time simmons lobs him an opp and he dunks on KRISTAPS the fans will love him. Plus no one in philly cares about some nova kid

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I wonder if this really was because of a trade they want to make. Wonder if Bridges might have been traded anyway but the inclusion of the 1st either makes the trade easier or able to package as a bigger deal.

Either way I don’t expect much from Smith this season. Kid might turn out really good but not being able to shoot will stop him from getting development minutes on Sixers. My guess he is in the G-League for abit

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Kyle Neubeck has a good writeup on Smith:

2018 NBA Draft: Why the Sixers traded for Zhaire Smith after originally drafting Mikal Bridges

Personally I don’t think the risk was worth it but time will tell. The 1st round pick obvious mitigates the risk significantly. Still, that’s 3 years out.
i feel the same as you but i understand why they made the move and if that pick leads to them getting leonard then it changes the dynamic dramatically. smith has crazy upside so hopefully he booms instead of busting and i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
i feel the same as you but i understand why they made the move and if that pick leads to them getting leonard then it changes the dynamic dramatically. smith has crazy upside so hopefully he booms instead of busting and i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, if it’s part of plan to get Kawhi or sign PG13 or LeBron then it makes a lot more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad