OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
there is a learning curve regardless of age when entering the nba. Most first round picks struggle. We are not obligated to win now, and draft players with limited upside because our window is closing. In fact quite teh oppostie. We have a very young roster where we can take gambles on young guys to see how they will pan out. Much like The Thunder did with so many players, much like the spurs did. When they drated parker and ginobili they didn't come over for years. They were patient, and their patience was rewarded . You always draft the guys you think will be the superior player down the road and there is no question Smith has higher upside. I hope you realize today was a great day man. THe sixers killed this draft
so we are 2 years away lol

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I am gonna throw this out there, though: I don't think it's Kawhi. I think it's gonna be somebody we're not expecting right now, like what happened with Kyrie Irving last year.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
simmons, fultz, tj, smith, shamet, milton, and possibly jj as well. whether its fultz or someone else somethings got to give.
What has to give? It's highly unlikely Shamet and Milton are in the rotation (or even on the opening night roster). The team had 6 picks. They couldn't trade them all. They got a perimeter defender with upside. A no D, ball-handling shooter, and a shooting wing.

I'm sure they will look to make a move, but people are reading into things way too much.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
What has to give?
all you have to do is look at the numbers, all while considering the things bb said tonight.

It's highly unlikely Shamet and Milton are in the rotation (or even on the opening night roster).
unless shamet was a trade that didn't get announced yet the sixers took him at 26 on a guaranteed contract and at a higher salary then if they would have taken him at 38. that means they obviously like him a lot. he will be on the roster. milton is a possibility only but yet another example of them drafting a guard, and more specifically a shooter who compliments ben and jo.

The team had 6 picks. They couldn't trade them all. They got a perimeter defender with upside. A no D, ball-handling shooter, and a shooting wing.
you proved my point for me. they took two shooting guards and a combo guard. no big, no sf, just pure guards.

I'm sure they will look to make a move, but people are reading into things way too much.
listen to what bb said and do the math.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
all you have to do is look at the numbers, all while considering the things bb said tonight.
They have 11 guys under contract next year and Bayless may get moved (likely?). They drafted 3 players.
unless shamet was a trade that didn't get announced yet the sixers took him at 26 on a guaranteed contract and at a higher salary then if they would have taken him at 38. that means they obviously like him a lot. he will be on the roster. milton is a possibility only but yet another example of them drafting a guard, and more specifically a shooter who compliments ben and jo.
I was more so talking about Milton but Shamet could be moved in a Summer trade if they wanted to.
you proved my point for me. they took two shooting guards and a combo guard. no big, no sf, just pure guards.
PJ Tucker was playing Center in the Western Conference Finals. Are we still pigeon holing guys into one position? Are you watching actual games?

Smith has a 6'10 wingspan and is a great athlete. He can play 2 or 3 offensively and 1-3 defensively. Milton has a 7-1 wingspan. He's going to be a pretty versatile guy if he sees the court. Shamet is going to be a combo guard that will probably play off the ball here. And again for the latter two, if they even crack the rotation, it's a win.

If you noticed, after the top 6 there weren't many bigs in this draft. This draft was all wings/guards.
listen to what bb said and do the math.
You already said that.

Landry Shamet and Shake Milton make Markelle Fultz expandable. Does that not sound ridiculous?

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
They have 11 guys under contract next year and Bayless may get moved (likely?). They drafted 3 players.
they have a glut of guards which doesn't even include jj or marco who could easily be back, or a potential trade target like kemba walker or bradley beal. simmonds, fultz, tj, bayless, korkmaz, and yet they still felt the need to add three guards tonight with their three picks. if you don't find that a little bit interesting if nothing else i don't know what to say to you.

I was more so talking about Milton but Shamet could be moved in a Summer trade if they wanted to.
unless shamet was a draft night trade that hasn't been reported yet he is going nowhere. they had a pick at 38 but rather than risk not getting him they took him on a guaranteed first round contract at 26 which means they obviously like him a lot.

PJ Tucker was playing Center in the Western Conference Finals. Are we still pigeon holing guys into one position? Are you watching actual games?
i'm not pigeon holing guys into anything and your last comment was rich since you obviously know very little about the guys they drafted. smith might be able to play some 3 but at 6'4 even as good defender he will have difficulty matching up with a lot of 3's who are 6'8, 6'9. shamet is a combo guard who despite having the height at 6'6 isn't going to match up with 3's because he isn't a great athlete, he can handle or play off the ball and is a similar player to shaun liviningston. milton didn't even play much 3 in college, he played more point than 3 and also played a lot of 2. again, he isn't a great athlete so he isn't going to match up well with most 3's in the league.

Smith has a 6'10 wingspan and is a great athlete. He can play 2 or 3 offensively and 1-3 defensively. Milton has a 7-1 wingspan. He's going to be a pretty versatile guy if he sees the court. Shamet is going to be a combo guard that will probably play off the ball here. And again for the latter two, if they even crack the rotation, it's a win.
i already addressed all of this and posted the necessary correct information about the players the sixers drafted above. they didn't draft a single wing. they drafted a combo guard who is a shooter, a 2 guard who is a shooter, and a 2 guard who is a great perimeter defender who at 6'4 can only play a little bit of 3 if opposing teams go small.

If you noticed, after the top 6 there weren't many bigs in this draft. This draft was all wings/guards.
that is flat out incorrect and a desperate reach to prove your point. they could have had a lottery talent in robert williams at 26 who is a 4/5 and instead took yet another guard in shamet.

Landry Shamet and Shake Milton make Markelle Fultz expandable. Does that not sound ridiculous?
obviously it does, about as ridiculous as you putting words into my mouth and missing my point. sadly i have to explain this to you and will.

bb went on and on about that 2021 pick being a major trade chip to land a star player. this is not the first time in months time that he mentioned the team needs to add a star player. it's going to take more than just that pick and based on where the team is deep and where they aren't a guy like fultz or covington could be a trade piece.
add that to the fact that there was a report that fultz was a colangelo pick who others in the organization didn't like, and the fact that the team added three guards tonight and it's easy to speculate.

i never said those guys made fultz expendable, nor did i say that fultz would definitely be traded. i simply theorized that maybe the organization isn't all that high on fultz and based on the reports, comments, and moves they are making and maybe they see him as a potential trade piece to land a star player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad