OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
so what is your issue?
my issue is to much drafting to stock the g league team and getting more bench warmers and not getting players that will improve the team unless they can trade them. at this point no one they drafted will improve the team and they are drafting people for development and getting a draft pick 3 years away instead of players that can help now. i hope this works out but it could back fire big time

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
it might take zhaire smith some time to see significant minutes but he wont play a minute in the g league unless he is a total bust. i dont like the moves but i see it and i think some are getting way too emotional over it because bridges is a philly/villanova kid. time will tell, i am keeping an open mind, especially after hearing bb talk.

Reactions: Lotusflower

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
my issue is to much drafting to stock the g league team and getting more bench warmers and not getting players that will improve the team unless they can trade them. at this point no one they drafted will improve the team and they are drafting people for development and getting a draft pick 3 years away instead of players that can help now. i hope this works out but it could back fire big time

there is a learning curve regardless of age when entering the nba. Most first round picks struggle. We are not obligated to win now, and draft players with limited upside because our window is closing. In fact quite teh oppostie. We have a very young roster where we can take gambles on young guys to see how they will pan out. Much like The Thunder did with so many players, much like the spurs did. When they drated parker and ginobili they didn't come over for years. They were patient, and their patience was rewarded . You always draft the guys you think will be the superior player down the road and there is no question Smith has higher upside. I hope you realize today was a great day man. THe sixers killed this draft

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
OK, so we come into the draft with 10/26/38/39/56/60.

We now have Zhaire Smith, Landry Shamet, 56, 60, 2019 CHI #2 (from the Lakers), probably 2019 DET #2, 2021 DET #2 (the next 2 #2s they have), 2021 MIA #1 unprotected, and cash.

I think it's safe to say that Brett Brown's entirely comfortable taking the long view as well as the short one. That's rare in a coach.

Reactions: Les Averman

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
bb traded the 38th pick for two future second round picks, 39 for a future second and cash, and he also traded bridges for smith and a future unprotected first round pick. am i the only one expecting sam hinkie to walk out for a pc tonight like this..

wrestling-gif-3.gif

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
The NBA is pretty much guaranteed slot money for 1st round picks by moving down the Sixers saved themselves some capspace and got an asset to work with to boot. I don't see the cheap bastard Harris paying luxury tax yet, it's all about ROI for the Appollo Capital Management partner, this move is fits in well with his business model. Anyhow, something has got to be in the works, we'll find out soon enough.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
OK, so we come into the draft with 10/26/38/39/56/60.

We now have Zhaire Smith, Landry Shamet, 56, 60, 2019 CHI #2 (from the Lakers), probably 2019 DET #2, 2021 DET #2 (the next 2 #2s they have), 2021 MIA #1 unprotected, and cash.

I think it's safe to say that Brett Brown's entirely comfortable taking the long view as well as the short one. That's rare in a coach.
dominoes

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
The NBA is pretty much guaranteed slot money for 1st round picks by moving down the Sixers saved themselves some capspace and got an asset to work with to boot. I don't see the cheap bastard Harris paying luxury tax yet, it's all about ROI for the Appollo Capital Management partner, this move is fits in well with his business model. Anyhow, something has got to be in the works, we'll find out soon enough.
i'm intrested to see who this big star that they are going to get here is and if someone is willing to come here and take a back seat to embid and simmons. or if embid or simmons are willing to take a back seat for the big star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad