OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): This Furkan Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Just dissecting Nerlen's personality and on court presence, he's gonna be one of the Sixer's leaders for years to come, IMO.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Jerami Grant had 36 blocks in 72 games at Syracuse. He has 60 this year alone (56 games).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Sixers have been getting crapped on by everyone for openly tanking yet they have yet to finish with the worst record while doing it and still won't this year.

I e-mailed a NY Times reported castigating him at the beginning of the season. Seems the media never noticed that they were a BAD team BEFORE Hinkie started wheeling and dealing.

Noel is playing great, but there are a lot of players on this team who have elevated their game, tribute to Brown and their whole developmental program. Key in the NBA is once you get past the first 10 picks or so, picking guys with the work ethic and potential for development is more important than talent - so is patience.

They gave up on MCW and McDaniels because it was obvious they weren't going to develop as shooters - compare to Grant and Sampson who are just as good defensively and have improved by leaps and bounds as outside shooters.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Noel with 18 and 9 at the half vs the Clips. :yo:

If there's anyone out of the Noel/Embiid/Saric trio I wanted to really see progress more than the other 2 it's Noel. All signs pointing upward so far.

Too bad he probably won't win ROY.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Nerlens is the best Sixers rookie since AI. He's a stud. His progress, especially offensively, the past month + has been incredible.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I don't watch basketball (so boring), but is Noel REALLY that good?

That would be amazing
Already damn near elite defensively. Offense is a work in progress but it's night and day between the start of the season and now.

I don't think he'll ever average more than 15 ppg in a season, but he's going to be a DPOY contender for years.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Watching Noel's progression throughout the season is really astounding.

The fact that his free throw shooting is improving so much is awesome. Look at the clippers, they have to deal with hack-a-jordan while he's on track to have the 2nd worst FT percentage in NBA history. That is really going to affect them in the play-offs, unlike the Sixers with Noel and Embiid (when they're eventually playoff contenders).

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Brett Brown is a ****ing wizard when it comes to player development. Dude is going to get this team places.

Hopefully he'll be just as good when it comes to coaching a contender.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Noel is creating a lot of buzz. I'm ready to jump back on the bandwagon next season.

Let's hope we can get a PG with our 1st and that he meshes well with Noel.

Dude is making Hinkie look like a genius.

Tim Tebow

Jan 25, 2012
Westeros
Hinkie was heavily criticized for the Jrue Holiday trade. As of now that trade is essentially...

Out
- Jrue Holiday

In
- Nerlens Noel
- Dario Saric
- 1st Round Pick (2017)
- 2nd Round Pick (2015)

The 2nd round pick would currently be a high 2nd rounder.

Holiday has also been completely injury plagued so far only playing 71 games as a Pelican in 2 years and is currently still injured.

That trade is now starting to look lopsided the other way.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hinkie was heavily criticized for the Jrue Holiday trade. As of now that trade is essentially...

Out
- Jrue Holiday

In
- Nerlens Noel
- Dario Saric
- 1st Round Pick (2017)
- 2nd Round Pick (2015)

The 2nd round pick would currently be a high 2nd rounder.

Holiday has also been completely injury plagued so far only playing 71 games as a Pelican in 2 years and is currently still injured.

That trade is now starting to look lopsided the other way.

It's not even close. Clear steal by Hinkie.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I know we probably won't get him, but Justice Winslow is becoming one of my favorite prospects from watching the tournament.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I was a big Holiday fan, but the night that trade was made I thought it was a win. In one night Hinkie did what this franchise put off doing for 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad