OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): This Furkan Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't really think Canaan should be on this team next year. Waaaay too streaky of a shooter, can't really drive, and is a horrible defender.

I like his Canaanballs.......shooting them tonight against the Kings.

Oh and Nerlens is battling Cousins pretty well tonight....really enjoy seeing how is learning to adjust his game accordingly. Great sign....

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
You can always count on Cousins to have a monster game and a loss against the Sixers.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
You can always count on Cousins to have a monster game and a loss against the Sixers.

True...not as monster of a game thus far but still pretty good. I like how Robinson is playing tonight...good inside presence. Can't believe what a pick up he has been so far.....Hinkie is a thief!

BTW...so glad the Sixers picked ET over Cousins in 2010!

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
True...not as monster of a game thus far but still pretty good. I like how Robinson is playing tonight...good inside presence. Can't believe what a pick up he has been so far.....Hinkie is a thief!

BTW...so glad the Sixers picked ET over Cousins in 2010!
He had 21 and 10 at half and then they stopped giving him the ball.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
He had 21 and 10 at half and then they stopped giving him the ball.

I was comparing it to the first half he had against the Sixers last game but yeah it was still pretty dominating regardless

The game was entertaining and they still accomplished their tanking goals......

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011

It was different then last time though. Noel did a much better job challenging him on both ends of the court.

Cousins did most of his damage at the FT line (maybe they fouled him a little too much). He also abused the hell out of Aldemir's extended minutes due to Noel's foul trouble.

I thought Noel was fantastic for the most part last night. His fadeaway jumper in Reggie Evans' face left everyone with that "WTF just happened" look.

Also, T-Rob. I have no idea what his market value is today but the guy is a real man down there. Him and Cousins were going at it pretty solid a few times and he just stood his ground. He brings a bulldog mentality to the rotation which I love. The more I watch of him the more I want Hinkie to fall in love with him too.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
T-robs a FA after the year I think. Hopefully he doesn't go to the highest bidder and hangs around here for a bit.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
T-robs a FA after the year I think. Hopefully he doesn't go to the highest bidder and hangs around here for a bit.

I think their best shot of retaining him would be to offer him a team friendly deal with an option after 2 years. The question is, would T-Rob take it? I don't think Hinkie would be remotely interested in getting into any sort of bidding war for T-Rob once it came to FA. He is not going to commit salary today to a player he doesn't see essential to winning a championship.

Also Nerlens in the last 5 games

15 PPG
51.7 FG%
68.2 FT%
8.4 REBs
3.0 BLKS
1.6 STL
1.0 TO

:nod:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think there will be a bidding war for Robinson, teams know that stats are inflated on a bad team, look at McDaniels on Houston, disappeared into a black hole on the bench.

Robinson also knows he needs to develop his game and is in a situation where he can get regular minutes - better to take a 2-3 year deal, keep developing and then go for big money. He's been bounced around so he knows what can happen on a deep team - a couple mistakes and you grow cobwebs.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
...and the Nuggets scored 9 points in the 4th quarter. Fall another game behind the T'Wolves. Bad night for the Philly tank.

Flyers2819

Nov 12, 2013
Springfield VA
Not to be a downer at all.....but how do you all keep up with this team? I'd understand if they were good but cmon haha. (this is coming from a guy who absolutely despises the nba and how the players conduct themselves) Least fav. sport by far but do love watching college hoops. Sorry for the negativity.

Tim Tebow

Jan 25, 2012
Westeros
Not to be a downer at all.....but how do you all keep up with this team? I'd understand if they were good but cmon haha. (this is coming from a guy who absolutely despises the nba and how the players conduct themselves) Least fav. sport by far but do love watching college hoops. Sorry for the negativity.

Simple. Player development.

The 76ers are stockpiling the most elite talent manageable. Following now isn't about winning but in watching these elite prospects develop. It is exciting to see such young talent growing better.

For a Flyers fan I would say imagine the time around when Forsberg was traded. Even though they were a bad team it was still pretty exciting to watch the new prospects get playing time like the Flying Upshall and Giroux developing in juniors and JVR being drafted. Think of it like that but magnified times 100.

They aren't great now but as far as Philly teams go they look like they could be the most dominant Philly team this upcoming decade.

At least that is why they interest me.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
...and the Nuggets scored 9 points in the 4th quarter. Fall another game behind the T'Wolves. Bad night for the Philly tank.

Not necessarily. T-Wolves lost to the Lakers so the Sixers still maintain a 2 game lead on LA

Heat beat the Celtics so they are still holding on to that 16 spot. Hornets lost as well to fall further from Miami.

OKC got destroyed by the Spurs but the Wizards also lost so they still have the 19th pick as of now

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Simple. Player development.

The 76ers are stockpiling the most elite talent manageable. Following now isn't about winning but in watching these elite prospects develop. It is exciting to see such young talent growing better.

For a Flyers fan I would say imagine the time around when Forsberg was traded. Even though they were a bad team it was still pretty exciting to watch the new prospects get playing time like the Flying Upshall and Giroux developing in juniors and JVR being drafted. Think of it like that but magnified times 100.

They aren't great now but as far as Philly teams go they look like they could be the most dominant Philly team this upcoming decade.

At least that is why they interest me.

Same here. I love watching promising players.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Not necessarily. T-Wolves lost to the Lakers so the Sixers still maintain a 2 game lead on LA

Heat beat the Celtics so they are still holding on to that 16 spot. Hornets lost as well to fall further from Miami.

OKC got destroyed by the Spurs but the Wizards also lost so they still have the 19th pick as of now

I'm more concerned with the Sixers pick than anything. We finish with the 3rd worst record, we could be looking at the 5th pick. Not the best scenario, especially if someone unexpectedly goes back to school.

But I did have a dream the Sixers won the lottery last night so there is that. :)

Tim Tebow

Jan 25, 2012
Westeros

IMO the Wolves finishing with a worse record probably won't be a big deal. With Rubio, Martin, and Wiggins odds are they will for sure take Okafor or Towns if one is still on the board likely meaning as long as the Sixers get a top 4 pick they will likely land Russell or Mudiay.

Plus Orlando also lost and with a Lakers win the Lakers have an outside chance of catching them now being 3 games behind. If the Lakers pass them and most into the 5th worst spot the odds of them dropping a spot isn't that unlikely and the #6 pick could land the Sixers a guy like Hezonja.

So I would say it was a good night. Sixers are still in a good spot and the Lakers moved closer to losing their pick.

Plus I don't mind seeing the Sixers win when it is entirely because Nerlens went off. He really is becoming a game changer now and in March he is averaging 13.3 points, 10.8 rebounds, 2.4 block, and 2.6 steals per game (that steal average is John Stockton like). His FG percentage has also seen a slight increase to .503%. For a guy who looks like he is only just tapping into his potential those are already turning into scary numbers.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
I'm more concerned with the Sixers pick than anything. We finish with the 3rd worst record, we could be looking at the 5th pick. Not the best scenario, especially if someone unexpectedly goes back to school.

But I did have a dream the Sixers won the lottery last night so there is that. :)
Saw a graphic a few weeks back showing that in the last 10 some years, the team in the 3 slot has won the lottery more times then any other slot (I think the odds were 40% or something)

The lottery is something that is out of our control. I do we agree that the Sixers need to be in a good spot to get a pick 1-3 to protect from kids coming back and to get a potential star. Right now I feel good about their position as long as they don't leap LA

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Plus I don't mind seeing the Sixers win when it is entirely because Nerlens went off. He really is becoming a game changer now and in March he is averaging 13.3 points, 10.8 rebounds, 2.4 block, and 2.6 steals per game (that steal average is John Stockton like). His FG percentage has also seen a slight increase to .503%. For a guy who looks like he is only just tapping into his potential those are already turning into scary numbers.

^ This

14 points, 15 rebounds four steals and four blocks last night......he's is playing with confidence and more assertiveness. I'm glad they got rid of MCW b/c Nerlens is embracing the challenge of being a leader on this team. He even mentioned it in an interview that he wants to be the go to guy for the team.

Also kudos to this

"People have to really start talking about him for rookie of the year," said Brown of Noel. "You don't just repetitively bang out these types of performances and produce the numbers that he is producing. He is a complete game-changer. He is a complete defensive presence when he's lurking to block shots. He just continues to improve at this time of year. He keeps moving up the food chain and heading in the direction that we're all so thrilled about."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...enver_Nuggets__99-85.html#1JKlTMzG0a68IM3R.99

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
^ This

14 points, 15 rebounds four steals and four blocks last night......he's is playing with confidence and more assertiveness. I'm glad they got rid of MCW b/c Nerlens is embracing the challenge of being a leader on this team. He even mentioned it in an interview that he wants to be the go to guy for the team.

Also kudos to this

It is a shame the national media (and local media) have a complete disdain for what the Sixers are doing. As long as that is the case Noel is fighting a massive uphill battle.

You are seeing more national blogs and some publications hyping up Noel as a potential ROY and future defensive MVP but I don't see the national momentum that he needs.

It is a shame because post All-Star Noel has nearly DOUBLED most of Wiggins' numbers other than scoring (and Wiggins is literally the only scoring option on an awful T-Wolves team). They are a top 10 team in defensive efficiency and have a remarkable 18 wins with a roster filled with d-league castoffs and undrafted FA's. Noel is the main reason for that. Heck, they might even surpass last year's win total from a season where they started 3-0 and carried NBA players like Turner, Young and Hawes for most of the season (and had the ROY as well).

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Would you trade Noel + 2015 Heat 1st for Towns? Towns and Embiid would be amazing.
I mentioned it in the past, and its easier to mention now with Noel going off every game, but its nowhere close to a guarantee Towns is better than Noel in their primes. I wouldn't do the trade in the beginning of the season, and certainly not now. I admit I'm higher on Noels upside than most.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
Would you trade Noel + 2015 Heat 1st for Towns? Towns and Embiid would be amazing.

No. I have grown to like Towns a lot this year. I see him as a potential great fit on this team as well.

I am a true believer that Noel's impact on this team can potentially be as great if not greater. He may never be the offensive presence that Towns can become in the NBA but if the pieces fall into place here, he won't need to be. Embiid becomes your go to big, Saric your versatile wing/4 that can stretch the court, Mudiay or Russell creating shots for everyone and eventually some shooters around this talent. Even with all that in place Noel can still be of great value, correcting for people's mistakes on D, rebounding and creating easy buckets off turnovers and blocked shots.

Plus this kid appears to have an incredible work ethic which you just don't throw away that easily. It's the type of attitude you need on winning teams.

With all that said, if Towns is on the board when they pick, I would consider him very much so. Insurance for Embiid and I think Brown would somehow make it work. Even if it meant playing Noel at 3 at times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad