OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): This Furkan Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Possible win tomorrow vs the Magic who will be coming off a game tonight.

Also, 2nd rounder KJ McDaniels has been very impressive.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I'm getting excited about this teams future. Slowly but surely were seeing what this team is trying to build.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Actually plan on taking in a few games this year just to get an in-person view.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Terrible way to lose last night.....at least KJ provided some highlights with his crazy athleticism.

Hopefully, Noel will be fine with his ankle...could have used him at the end.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
There couldn't have been more than 1000 people there last night, right?

Also, I had no idea Vucevic had those numbers. I remember hating that he was moved but I had no idea he was gonna be that much of a force.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
There couldn't have been more than 1000 people there last night, right?

Also, I had no idea Vucevic had those numbers. I remember hating that he was moved but I had no idea he was gonna be that much of a force.

Not sure what the attendance was but they were pretty supportive.

Yeah Vucevic has pretty much been a double double guy since we traded him. We screwed up.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Not sure what the attendance was but they were pretty supportive.

Yeah Vucevic has pretty much been a double double guy since we traded him. We screwed up.

Hard to tell how many people since they darkened the seating area.

As for Vucevic, if we hadn't included him in that trade, we may not be in the position we are today so its not so cut and dry.

MadFerIt95*

That Harris jumper reminded me of Hedo Turkoglu stabbing our hearts out in 2009. Outside of Jameer Nelson I ****ing hate the Magic

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I'm sure Flyguy or MR black got a list of players to specifically watch that are potential sixers... Okafor and Towns i'm aware of.

Any other prospects you guys like?

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I'm sure Flyguy or MR black got a list of players to specifically watch that are potential sixers... Okafor and Towns i'm aware of.

Like BroadSt Elite said there's Mudiay and Johnson. Keep an eye on Kelly Oubre a SF from Kansas too. I also think Caris LeVert a SG from Michigan has a great opportunity to really raise his stock.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Mudiay has to be our top target.

I probably asked this a few times last year leading up to the draft but I don't remember...

If MCW is our PG who just won ROY, should we be targeting a PG? Would the new PG move to SG? Would MCW? Is MCW expendable? Would he become a bench player? I'm not arguing, I just don't know much about basketball.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I probably asked this a few times last year leading up to the draft but I don't remember...

If MCW is our PG who just won ROY, should we be targeting a PG? Would the new PG move to SG? Would MCW? Is MCW expendable? Would he become a bench player? I'm not arguing, I just don't know much about basketball.

Maybe if you're in a position to acquire Mudiay, who already is as good with potential to be better than MCW, while acquiring valuable assets, you make that deal.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Kelly Oubre and Stanley Johnson to fill that wing spot. Oubre has the upside to be a two way stud. Stanley Johnson is a big, athletic 3, with upside as well, but not as good of a shooter.

I'm not crazy about Okafor. Very polished, will probably overwhelm college bigs, but not very athletic and seems maxed out physically.

Towns is a little more intriguing because he is more versatile.

Want to see more of Cliff Alexander.

Justice Winslow is a stud defensively but there's not much offense.

Love Rondae Hollis-Jefferson as a mid-to-late 1st rounder. Versatile, athletic, can defend multiple positions.

Just my intial impressions of some guys. This class appears to be really deep in the front court. Mudiay is the most talented player I have seen. Still has some work to do, but he is an impact player. Don't see him as a 2-guard, but I'm going BPA and fitting the pieces later.

Last edited:

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers

I'm not the biggest basketaball person, but the consensus among my friends who are big 76ers fans is that MCW is nothing more than an above average point guard, who really only won ROY because it was a weak class and he had the benefit of being the best player on an awful team.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'm not the biggest basketaball person, but the consensus among my friends who are big 76ers fans is that MCW is nothing more than an above average point guard, who really only won ROY because it was a weak class and he had the benefit of being the best player on an awful team.

That's a little bit of a slight. He's a poor shooter that was asked to take a lot of shots because he was one of the few guys on the team last year that could get his own shot. Everything else he does at a relatively high level- rebounds, assists, steals, he's athletic, and has defensive potential. I don't think he's untouchable, but his talent gets undersold sometimes.

Last edited:

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I was just going to say I saw a scroll say it was 12-50, and I thought it must be a mistake :laugh:

I knew we were going to probably lose going in and I would be fine with that, but this is insane. :laugh:

Insanely embarrassing :facepalm:

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I was gonna turn on the game, but its thirsty Thursday where I am. So i'm sure the game would just piss me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad