OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Season starts Nov. 1 at WAS; home opener Nov. 2 vs. CHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A close win as well. People were waiting for one of those.

rayearth

Oct 10, 2005
I like to check the attendance occasionally and they're now up to 20th in the league with 15,672 at home. I can see them getting into the top 15 by the end of the season. I'm pretty amazed people have come back so fast, especially with no real star on the team. The new ownership and Collins really seem to have their stuff together. I've even found myself tuning in here and there.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I like to check the attendance occasionally and they're now up to 20th in the league with 15,672 at home. I can see them getting into the top 15 by the end of the season. I'm pretty amazed people have come back so fast, especially with no real star on the team. The new ownership and Collins really seem to have their stuff together. I've even found myself tuning in here and there.

There is nothing wrong with the bandwagon. I feel I'm a big fan of this team because of the way they win games. Hard fought, hustle, DEFENSE. They play a purely team game. Their 7th man plays as big a role as their 1st man. Collins is an excellent coach and I love listening to the dude talk hoops. I've been waiting for a team like this to come along and remedy the bastardized NBA that the game has become.

Give me a team game any day over that iso ********.

I don't think they need a "star" per se, however I'd be happy if they got a legit big man. I'd love Bogut from the Bucks.

rayearth

Oct 10, 2005
There is nothing wrong with the bandwagon. I feel I'm a big fan of this team because of the way they win games. Hard fought, hustle, DEFENSE. They play a purely team game. Their 7th man plays as big a role as their 1st man. Collins is an excellent coach and I love listening to the dude talk hoops. I've been waiting for a team like this to come along and remedy the bastardized NBA that the game has become.

Give me a team game any day over that iso ********.

I don't think they need a "star" per se, however I'd be happy if they got a legit big man. I'd love Bogut from the Bucks.

Agreed. I thought I'd never watch basketball again but now I'm not so sure. I don't think I'll ever get to level I once was during the Iverson era though. That ship has sailed. The Flyers and Phillies (and even the Eagles) are way too far above at this point.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I hate the NBA because of the egos, the stars being coddled by the media and refs, and it essentially being a 6 team league, with those 6 teams being built like all-star teams.

That being said, this Sixers teams goes against ALL of that, and I love it. And I really like their chances in a short, condensed season because of how they use all of their players (when healthy) and have a great bench rotation.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I hate the NBA because of the egos, the stars being coddled by the media and refs, and it essentially being a 6 team league, with those 6 teams being built like all-star teams.

That being said, this Sixers teams goes against ALL of that, and I love it. And I really like their chances in a short, condensed season because of how they use all of their players (when healthy) and have a great bench rotation.

QFT. Couldn't have said it better myself. The egos are unbearable. Nothing but work ethic on this team and no showboating.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Kudos to everyone like me who actually followed this team post-AI and didn't just hop on the bandwagon this year.

They're an exciting team right now, Collins is an amazing. I love Young, Holiday and Meeks too.

But I still don't think they can beat Miami or Chicago in a 7 game series. Because sadly you need a superstar in the NBA and the Sixers don't have one even though Iguodala is paid like one. The NBA sucks in recent years (but I still watch it. :laugh: ) and is basically a 4-5 team race tops. And the lockout served basically no purpose.

They should at least win the Atlantic and a 1st round series though.

I wonder if there's any merit to the Hawes for Kaman rumors. Both are FAs and season's end and Kaman is the better player and would help them out big time.

drownedsailors

Sep 25, 2010
Earth

I wouldn't call the Bulls an "All-star team" Outside of Rose, they really don't have anyone THAT special. Boozer and Rip are both way passed their prime, and I'm not sure they can last the whole season. Noah pretty much has no finish, Deng is really good defensively and he's picked up A LOT offensively this year, but I'm not sure he can do it consistently (including the Post season)...Korver is pretty good, but he sucks defensively.

The one thing they have in common (besides Rose) is that you can't count on their offense every night. Either it's Rose whose stepping up or Rose and one of them.

With that being said I can see your point, they have Rose and all those players and are #1 in the East. We pretty much have nobody and we're right behind them. :handclap:

drownedsailors

Sep 25, 2010
Earth
But I still don't think they can beat Miami or Chicago in a 7 game series. Because sadly you need a superstar in the NBA and the Sixers don't have one even though Iguodala is paid like one. The NBA sucks in recent years (but I still watch it. :laugh: ) and is basically a 4-5 team race tops. And the lockout served basically no purpose.

Like someone posted before, I think we might have a shot at beating the Bulls. We match up pretty well against them...it'll be tough as hell to try and contain Rose, but it's definitely not impossible.

I'd rather face Chicago than Miami that's for sure.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
I wonder if there's any merit to the Hawes for Kaman rumors. Both are FAs and season's end and Kaman is the better player and would help them out big time.

Their stats are pretty similar this year- Hawes' are even a little better- and Kaman has had serious injury problems in the past. He's nowhere near the player he used to be. No thanks on that trade possibility.

dawkins121

Jul 7, 2007
Philadelphia
I wouldn't call the Bulls an "All-star team" Outside of Rose, they really don't have anyone THAT special. Boozer and Rip are both way passed their prime, and I'm not sure they can last the whole season. Noah pretty much has no finish, Deng is really good defensively and he's picked up A LOT offensively this year, but I'm not sure he can do it consistently (including the Post season)...Korver is pretty good, but he sucks defensively.

The one thing they have in common (besides Rose) is that you can't count on their offense every night. Either it's Rose whose stepping up or Rose and one of them.

With that being said I can see your point, they have Rose and all those players and are #1 in the East. We pretty much have nobody and we're right behind them. :handclap:

Chicago is like what the Sixers would be with a superstar. They know their roles, play great defense, control the glass, and step up on offense when they have to. The difference maker is Rose who is a legit superstar. Sixers would give them a good run in a 7 game series but when they are so similar I think the advantage Rose gives them would outweigh the coaching advantage Collins gives Philly.

Clyde Donovan

Nov 29, 2009
Philly
If anyone is interested there is an interview with Voracek and Simmonds at the game last night posted on the Sixers site.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County

The NBA is a bad league - a horrible product altogether. Great game but a bad league. The problem is their CBA and the guaranteed contracts. Nobody with any brains bets on the NBA because they all get their money no matter how well they play and the refs fix the games.

The Sixers are an anomaly. An NBA team playing defense and running the floor like a college team. The thing that sucks is the refs will never let this team win it all because they don't have the superstar like the Heat or the Lakers - whose top players get all the calls.

KOBE KOBE KOBE!!!! yaaaay!!! who the **** names their kid after a steak house?

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
The NBA is a bad league - a horrible product altogether. Great game but a bad league. The problem is their CBA and the guaranteed contracts. Nobody with any brains bets on the NBA because they all get their money no matter how well they play and the refs fix the games.

The Sixers are an anomaly. An NBA team playing defense and running the floor like a college team. The thing that sucks is the refs will never let this team win it all because they don't have the superstar like the Heat or the Lakers - whose top players get all the calls.

KOBE KOBE KOBE!!!! yaaaay!!! who the **** names their kid after a steak house?

I agree and I was really hoping with their lockout that they'd institute a salary cap like the NHL did, to stop the building of these super teams.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AlLLUYXCIAELn3v.jpg

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Their stats are pretty similar this year- Hawes' are even a little better- and Kaman has had serious injury problems in the past. He's nowhere near the player he used to be. No thanks on that trade possibility.

Remember the rumored Iguodala for Kaman deals not too long ago? I'm not a big Iguodala fan but that was brutal.

Kaman's not what he used to be but Hawes was below average prior to this year and his play this year might be due to the fact its a contract year.

It would be beyond stupid to go out and make big move and gut the team but I do think they need to added a big man either for depth behind Hawes or to upgrade him.

Vucevic may be 7'0 but he's not a true C. And I wouldn't want to rely on key minutes from Battie or Elson.

Then we have Brand and Allen who are both undersized to play the 5 consistently.

One team I think we match up terribly against is the Knicks. We have no one to matchup with Chandler and Stoudemire.

RyK15*

These guys are phenomenal. They play like a college team does. The goal is to WIN, and not to pad your stats. I seriously love the way this team plays, and I'm sort of reminded of the 2010 Cup run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad