OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Season starts Nov. 1 at WAS; home opener Nov. 2 vs. CHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
Lets get psyched...the sixers should be entertaining this year. They are an atlantic division dark horse with the celtics being old and having no bench and the knick having no bench and being injury prone.

Lets get it. Jrue/Turner looked great in preseason. Hawes still sucks but rebounded a bit better. Vucevic seems to have some potential. Young looks solid. Iguodala, LouWill and Brand will all be what they've been. The key is how big of a leap Jrue/Turner/Young can make this year and if Vucevic can make an impact.

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
They lost last night but had a lot of good things. Pretty much all the sixers everyone hates had great games and if hawes plays like this all year...I dont know.

mm6492

Dec 9, 2007
I wish we could've moved Speights, he provides no value anymore. Collins doesn't like him at all.

Hawes looked good and comfortable out there. Turner looked alot smoother and I expect big things from him throughout the year.

WeekendAtBernies

Jun 27, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
They lost last night but had a lot of good things. Pretty much all the sixers everyone hates had great games and if hawes plays like this all year...I dont know.

1. Hawes was a pylon defensively. I'm also excited about his abilities on the offensive side of the ball, but his effort against Aldridge was pretty horrendous. Against a top notch center like Dwight Howard, Hawes would've allowed 40+ points the way he played last night.

2. Jrue Holiday played like absolute crap. He was the worst player on the floor and it really wasn't even close. This was a little discouraging after the way everyone has been talking about him being a "budding superstar".

3. Turner looked great and I can't understand for the life of me why the offense wasn't going through him more. He was a beast driving the lane and unlike the majority of the team, he actually seems to understand SHOT SELECTION and was only firing the ball when he got open looks / high-percentage shots.

4. Iguodala looked good right up until the end. It drives me crazy when Lou was feeling it and Iggy ballhogs it for the last shot. His jumper isn't that good. It's actually quite bad. Iguodala needs to know his role on this team... and it's not as a jump shooter.

5. The turnovers were completely unacceptable.

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
For the first half aldridge was mainly guarded by Brand which is when he did most of his damage. Brand doesnt have his legs yet. But in the second half things greatly improved. Hawes will never be a great defender but if he can be adequate like last night that is a big help.

Also I would say Aldridge is an elite offensive bigman. He has one of the more complete games for a big man. He scored 40 twice last year against SAS and...Chicago. So not exactly someone to sneeze at.

Slowbro

Feb 19, 2008
New Jersey
the sixers are in basketball purgatory. mediocrity that doesn't net them a draft pick that will matter and far enough below elite that big name FAs won't want to come here...

mm6492

Dec 9, 2007
Favors should've been the pick at #2 over Turner, I said it at the time. Turner has a low ceiling, Favors doesn't have one almost. In the NBA, when you get a top-5 pick, you need to try to hit the homerun. We took the safe single instead of the risk with Favors. The kid is gonna be an absolute stud.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Yeah, not a good game tonight for Turner. But even so they had their chance to win this one and missed some key FTs and didn't exactly tighten up on defense in the last few minutes of the 4th.

WeekendAtBernies

Jun 27, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Favors should've been the pick at #2 over Turner, I said it at the time. Turner has a low ceiling, Favors doesn't have one almost. In the NBA, when you get a top-5 pick, you need to try to hit the homerun. We took the safe single instead of the risk with Favors. The kid is gonna be an absolute stud.

Turner showed some incredible moves in the first 3 games of the season... he's got worlds of potential.

Not saying I disagree w/ the Favors thing, but I do think Turner is going to be a good one.

Iguodala needs to go and Brand needs to be amnestied though.

This team is going nowhere w/ those 2 on the roster... They need a star player badly. Whether that means trading certain pieces away / dumping the season for a #1 overall draft pick or pulling off some miracle trade for a star player, I don't know.

But if something doesn't change, this team is going to be irrelevant for as long as James / Wade / Bosh remain together in MIA.

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
Mo Speights trade...

For 2 2nd rounders. I will take it. I wasnt expecting much for him and well there will always be some foreign players to take a chance on in the 2nd round or big men with questions and sometimes you hit on them.

Clyde Donovan

Nov 29, 2009
Philly
This team is fun to watch, and that's all I really ask for from them. They have been in every game and play an exciting up tempo brand of basketball. Hopefully they start to get some fans back this year, I kind of feel bad for the players haha.

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
They legitimately have a shot at the Atlantic. Can build a decent record with 18 of the next 22 at home.

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
This team is beating the teams they need to and beating them by a lot. Love it.

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
I'm pretty sure the fans were chanting Hawes's name at the end of the first half. Pretty hilarious.

He's been one of the top centers in the league this year...crazy to think but he has been incredible.

However, it was hilarious that he jacked a 3 during the chant ahaha.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Thaddeus Young seems to always be there to do something. This guy is always hustling and paying hard. By far my favorite Sixers right now

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sixers got Andrew Toney to show up? Wholey crap. He and Howard Katz feuded almost as bad as Lindros as I understood it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad