OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Season starts Nov. 1 at WAS; home opener Nov. 2 vs. CHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
Sixers got Andrew Toney to show up? Wholey crap. He and Howard Katz feuded almost as bad as Lindros as I understood it.

He was in a box. But yeah I think having the old heads interested/around will be important next year or the year after in FA when the Sixers will have money to spend depending how they use amnesty.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Is it too early to think this team could do damage in the playoffs? Our defense is insane right now and were getting scoring from all over

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
Haha, what did he say tonight? I was at work most of the night.

But man I am enjoying this team.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
The Malik Rose quotes are priceless. My favorite so far was in the Detroit game where he said Stevie Wonder was screaming for a call on that play. They look good so far, and are beating teams they should be beating. But, we haven't really had to play a good team yet.

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
Portland and Indiana count as legitimate playoff teams. They havent played a top top tier team. But Indiana has been good so far.

Captain Kimmo 44

Jan 8, 2012
Compton
I watched the game last night and was amazed at their team defense, they were all covering for each other and were all converging on the ball, now only if the Flyers could do the same...

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
Flyers have a better offense.

But I think the teams are kind of similar. A lot of important pieces of the team are super young and there are 1-2 albatross vet contracts who have stepped it up on the court or leadership wise. Difference is sixers have no Giroux, no young guy who looks like he will be a star. Had hoped Jrue would blossom into that but he hasnt show a ton of growth this year yet. Vucevic was a nice pick but will never be a dominate center. Turner, we'll see. I think Turner and Vucevic get big minutes tonight. I'll be at the game.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
Great win last night. Yeah, the Bulls were missing Deng and Rip but the 6ers were starting Tony Battie at C. Has Lavoy Allen been better than anyone expected or what? If he keeps up this level of play Doug Collins will look like a genius.

It seems like the Bulls are a pretty good matchup for the 6ers since we beat them a couple times last year also. At this point, the only teams in the conference I don't think we could beat in a playoff series are a healthy Orlando (if Dwight is there) and Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad