OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Season starts Nov. 1 at WAS; home opener Nov. 2 vs. CHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTU2fan

Jul 12, 2009
guinness-draft1.jpg

flyersguy33*

Octoberfest and Winter Lager are my 2 favorite Sam Adams beers.

Winter Lager is my favorite as well. Haven't tried the noble pils yet, nor have I ever had Oktoberfest. I was kind of meh on the Summer Ale. The white ale was good too. Cherry wheat is ok. You can really only drink 2 or 3 of those however before the taste becomes too much.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
I enjoy how this thread turned more into a Sam Adams chat rather than talking about the 76ers. Being said, they'll still probably make the playoffs 15 games under .500 :sarcasm:

FlyHigh

Jan 16, 2004
The Notorious SAS (that's what I call Steven A Smith, credit to Bill Simmons) is back writing for the Inky.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Notorious SAS (that's what I call Steven A Smith, credit to Bill Simmons) is back writing for the Inky.

I guess the people at ESPN began to tune him out.

The Sixers...it's simple. Ed Snider doesn't understand that you can't operate in the NBA like you can in the NHL. In the NBA, you have to be willing to settle for being terrible sometimes. The only way to get better in the NBA, is to get worse. That's how their broken system works. It's how their broken sport works.

Foeman

for a case of Tastykakes
Jan 12, 2009
Is this the most recent Sixers thread?

I'm following the team this year. Who's on board?

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010

I'd really like to get into Sixers basketball, gut they're so damn boring. Apparently the new owners are trying to change the image of the team (they got rid of HipHop thank God), so maybe they'll finally be able to get a star.

SgtJoseph*

I am an avid philly sports fan, but the 76ers could be playing game 7 of the NBA finals across the street from me, and if someone gave me fee tickets to the game i would gladly give them to any one who wanted to go .....The NBA is a complete joke in my opinion, just not into the whole hip-hop gangsta nonsense those cats are selling these days....They travel with the ball, turn the ball over while dribbling, etc etc.Its a BIG money maker for the bookies i suppose ?They can have it !

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't really get excited about the Sixers until the NBA proves it is a viable product, and the Sixers trade Andre Iguodala.

hotshot26

Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
The NBA is a joke anymore. If the Sixers ever become relevant again I'll watch them but all the traveling, biased officiating, and stacked teams just makes it difficult to watch.

bryzgalovsky*

I hope they lose at least every single game that they play, maybe more.

We need more hockey fans.

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
I can't really get excited about the Sixers until the NBA proves it is a viable product, and the Sixers trade Andre Iguodala.

Uhhhhhhh...did you watch last years playoffs? Pretty sure that proved the NBA is a viable product.

Anyway sixers have new owners, no more Hip-Hop and good young players to build around. Probably 1 year of mediocrity this year, 1 year of sucking next year and then a chance to build something.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Uhhhhhhh...did you watch last years playoffs? Pretty sure that proved the NBA is a viable product.

The 'Dream Teams' are sickening. Very pleased German Moses got a ring, but day-to-day it is terribad.

Broad st phantom

Oct 28, 2005
philadelphia

I watch the Sixers if there's no Flyers, or a hockey game on tv.

I'm not a huge basketball fan, and most have mentioned in this thread the prime reasons why.

I use to like it a lot more when I was a kid and jordna,barkley, and stockton were playing.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Why do they need a mascot? Especially one of those that's horrid. I'm glad I don't like basketball I'd have to facepalm every time I saw any one of them. Thats worse then the drunk ass rabbit they used to have

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA

There is a more recent one, from last season, but this will do.

As much as I want to get on board with the NBA and do follow the team, the Chris Paul/Dwight Howard to NY/LA thing makes me sick. There are about 5-6 relevant teams in the league and if you don't root for one of them then the NBA really isn't the league for you.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There is a more recent one, from last season, but this will do.

As much as I want to get on board with the NBA and do follow the team, the Chris Paul/Dwight Howard to NY/LA thing makes me sick. There are about 5-6 relevant teams in the league and if you don't root for one of them then the NBA really isn't the league for you.

Right. It doesn't look like anything has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany