OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Joel and Noel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Edit: Ah, posted right above!

Any chance Sixers eyeball McDermott at 10 if he is still on the board? I know they need shooting guard (and well, point producers), but McDermott can generate points as a power forward, while Parker (who I think is who they end up with) is more of a shooting forward?

Smack me if I'm wrong as I haven't yet put any focus on this.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I know nothing of basketball or draft picks in the NBA, would it be possible to grab another top ten pick for Thad plus some second rounders?

Grab Parker or Wiggins at #3
Grab Randle with the obtained top ten
Grab either Harris or Dougie McBuckets with #10

Noel
Randle/McBuckets
Wiggins/Parker/McBuckets
Harris/Parker
MCW

I don't know. Is that realistic? Probably not? Is that even a good team? I don't know either. I am just trying to like basketball.

Second rounds are valued as much as a pile of horse ****.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.

Any chance Sixers eyeball McDermott at 10 if he is still on the board? I know they need shooting guard (and well, point producers), but McDermott can generate points as a power forward, while Parker (who I think is who they end up with) is more of a shooting forward?

I hope he's there, I loved him at Creighton and was kinda hoping he would fall to the Sixers. Dude's got a great shot.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I keep seeing people propose Thad for the Kings pick at #8 and I just can't see Thad equaling that. 8th overall in the NBA isn't the same as say the NFL, but this year's 8th pick is probably equal to a top 5 almost any other year. I don't see it happening.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I keep seeing people propose Thad for the Kings pick at #8 and I just can't see Thad equaling that. 8th overall in the NBA isn't the same as say the NFL, but this year's 8th pick is probably equal to a top 5 almost any other year. I don't see it happening.

If the Kings bite, I say yeah.

Someone told me they would want to trade the #3 and #10 for Boogie Cousins. Is that a legit rumor or is this guy spewing BS

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Not sure if you're suggesting picking Parker and McDermott, but that would be a bad combo. Both are tweeners, not real athletic, and will most likely struggle on the defensive end.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Someone told me they would want to trade the #3 and #10 for Boogie Cousins. Is that a legit rumor or is this guy spewing BS

Might be the Kings asking price but it would be dumb for the Sixers. Apparently the Kings want to compete now, so that is why their pick is on the block. Trading your best player for draft picks isn't a win now move.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I hope he's there, I loved him at Creighton and was kinda hoping he would fall to the Sixers. Dude's got a great shot.

Nik Stauskas has a great shot too and brings more to the table than McDermott.

I haven't heard that. Last year there were rumors about the Sixers trading #11, Holiday, and Thad to the Kings for Cousins and #7.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Nik Stauskas has a great shot too and brings more to the table than McDermott.

I haven't heard that. Last year there were rumors about the Sixers trading #11, Holiday, and Thad to the Kings for Cousins and #7.

I have no interest in trading those picks for Cousins. He's a great player, but I really am banking on the Sixers getting a great franchise guy. I think they need to be banking on it too.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly

What do you think is enough to jump up 2 spots? Thad + the 10th pick? I think that's giving up too much to move up 2 spots, but I'd still consider it. I saw someone on Liberty Ballers suggest Thad + two 2nd rounders. I don't think that gets it done either.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I have no interest in trading those picks for Cousins. He's a great player, but I really am banking on the Sixers getting a great franchise guy. I think they need to be banking on it too.

Trading the picks for Cousins would be an ironic ball tap considering we passed him up for Evan Turner.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What do you think is enough to jump up 2 spots? Thad + the 10th pick? I think that's giving up too much to move up 2 spots, but I'd still consider it. I saw someone on Liberty Ballers suggest Thad + two 2nd rounders. I don't think that gets it done either.

Yes trading Thad for 2 spots is too much. Some people are suggesting keeping 10 AND trading Thad for 8. I don't see that as fair value. He's basically playing on a 1 year deal and he's not exactly a bargain.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Yes trading Thad for 2 spots is too much. Some people are suggesting keeping 10 AND trading Thad for 8. I don't see that as fair value. He's basically playing on a 1 year deal and he's not exactly a bargain.

Yeah exactly, which is why I cannot think of a fair trade to move up to 8, that also satisfies the kings wants.. (a veteran to push them over the edge)

Still with a talented veteran I could see them MAYBE getting the 7th or 8th spot if lucky. :laugh:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I would love to move Thad and a minor piece to get the 8th overall pick. But, it honestly seems like none of these Top 10 picks are getting moved unless its part of a significant deal (Love). I'm just going to put my faith in management and hope the teams ahead of us screw up their picks. #BelieveInHinkie

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What would be get at 8 that we will not get at 10?

Better chance of snatching one of Gordon, Randle, Smart, Vonleh, etc. if they fall. I don't think the intrigue is moving up to 8, but rather the possibility of adding another top 10 pick.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Better chance of snatching one of Gordon, Randle, Smart, Vonleh, etc. if they fall. I don't think the intrigue is moving up to 8, but rather the possibility of adding another top 10 pick.

Could we really give up Thad and some second rounders and get another top 10 pick? I am not a huge NBA fan, so I really don't know how valuable Thad really is.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Could we really give up Thad and some second rounders and get another top 10 pick? I am not a huge NBA fan, so I really don't know how valuable Thad really is.

As I said earlier, I highly doubt it, but there are some desperate GMs out there.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
Thad's value by himself is probably, what, around the 15th pick? I would be surprised if we could move Thad + junk for a top 10, but I also think Thad + MCW would be too much to give. It just seems like there's not a fit there for the Sixers to add another high pick.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Adrian Wojkowski (whatever)

Said today that Embiid might have solidified himself as the #1 player with his workout.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Adrian Wojkowski (whatever)

Said today that Embiid might have solidified himself as the #1 player with his workout.

Sounds like it's just his opinion, not something he got from an actual source.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1h
Watching Joel Embiid in workout for league executives in Santa Monica. Impossible to imagine passing on him at No. 1.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
How much would it take to move up from 3 to 1? Thad, a couple second round picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad