OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Joel and Noel

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I don't think I want to do that honestly. I really love Thad as a player and think he's a big part of the team in this near future.

I'd do the 2nd trade in a heartbeat.

Thad wants out. He also has an opt out clause coming up so it would be foolish for the Sixers to not look to move him.

I don't know much about the NBA but I don't think MCW + anything outside of the 3rd pick gets you the 2nd and offering MCW + 3rd isn't worth it.

It doesn't.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
At this point I'm just gonna trust Sam Hinkie. Whoever he favors there's probably good reason for it.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Thad wants out. He also has an opt out clause coming up so it would be foolish for the Sixers to not look to move him.

It doesn't.

I honestly don't know much about NBA trade value. MCW + 10 wouldn't get it done?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I honestly don't know much about NBA trade value. MCW + 10 wouldn't get it done?

For 1 or 2?

Cleveland doesn't need a PG. Milwaukee has a chance to take a franchise player. Why would they trade for MCW?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Honestly, if they are trading this 3rd pick I want Kevin Love (provided he would resign). I wouldnt trade it to move up. Dont see them moving it though, and probably shouldnt.

Love doesn't want to come here, this team is 5 years away from being in contention, you need that #3 pick to be the franchise guy.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So it begins...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10963322/cleveland-cavaliers-luck-lebron-james-future

Every time you think the Cleveland Cavaliers are out, the lottery pulls them back in.

In an incredible bucking of the odds, the Cavs won the draft lottery on Tuesday for the third time in the past four years. Even more, they've won the top pick four out of the past six times they've been in the lottery, dating to 2003 when Cleveland won the right to draft LeBron James.

Naturally, outrageously or uncomfortably depending on your rooting interest, the big question now becomes: What does this development mean if James chooses to become a free agent next month?

It's a question that never seems to go away, no matter how much success James enjoys with the Miami Heat or how many failures the Cavs experience without him.

The notion of James ever playing in Cleveland again is an extremely polarizing topic, both inside the organization and with its fan base. Within the league, opinion on this topic varies wildly. Some label it as absurd because of the Cavs' repeated stumbles and the damage the franchise did to James on a personal level after his departure. But there are others who think it's reasonable under certain circumstances -- one of which exploded onto the radar Tuesday night in the form of more lottery luck, opening the door again for the Cavs to add a potential star player.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Love doesn't want to come here, this team is 5 years away from being in contention, you need that #3 pick to be the franchise guy.

Maybe 5 years to win it all, but not to make the playoffs. That's what he wants, as he has never been in them. They are in the east so making the playoffs isnt hard. The Lakers and Celtics may want to trade for them and are those teams any closer than the 76ers? They arent imo.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I think they are closer than 5 years. Probably 3 in my eyes, and the Lakers and Celtics may want to trade for them and are those teams any closer than the 76ers? They arent imo.

3 years w/ Love/MCW/Noel? Because that's all they got on this team if you trade the #3 pick away.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
3 years w/ Love/MCW/Noel? Because that's all they got on this team if you trade the #3 pick away.

my ninja edit wasnt fast enough :laugh:. Im not advocating trading for him, Im just saying that I would only trade the #3 pick for an established star, not to move up.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Wasn't MCW ROY? Doesn't he have franchise player potential? Or was it just a weak rookie class last season?

He's not a franchise player. Seems to be a really good secondary player, that's why getting a player like Wiggins would be huge, he'd be your stud/star, then surround him with guys like MCW/Noel and whoever comes in at 10, and you have the start of a good team.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
He's not a franchise player. Seems to be a really good secondary player, that's why getting a player like Wiggins would be huge, he'd be your stud/star, then surround him with guys like MCW/Noel and whoever comes in at 10, and you have the start of a good team.

We dont know if Wiggins will be a star. Yes, he has all the potential, That doesnt mean he will develop into it. He's not like Lebron was 11 years ago in which you knew he was going to be great, and it seems that is way he was/has been being touted.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
We dont know if Wiggins will be a star. Yes, he has all the potential, That doesnt mean he will develop into it. He's not like Lebron was 11 years ago in which you knew he was going to be great, and it seems that is way he was/has been being touted.

True, but he seems to have the most qualities that will reach that star status.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I just remember seeing rumors Mill really liked Embiid but Cleveland needs a big guy to go with Irving.

I guess the masses would be pretty happy with Parker or Wiggens around here. I just remember seeing the Sixers like Wiggens the most out of everyone and he is on top of their draft board.

Embiid is what the cavs need and would fit in very nice. But then it is the cavs.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I really hope not. There is good value at 10. Gotta hope Wiggins or Parker is there at 3, but even if not, Exum or Randle then hope to get a guy like Vonleh at 10, or hopefully by some miracle of God, Aaron Gordon falls to 10 lol.

Vonleh at 10 would be a steal. But it depends on the 1st pick. I really think the #10 spot should be for the shooting guard. Now if they can swing a deal and get three #1's early then this team could be a monster. SF,PF and SG plus Noel next year with MCW wow.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

It doesn't.

I agree. I would use Thad as one hell of a chip. This is one deep draft and with all the coin they will have next year they could land one or two big time FA's. By then this could be a sweet spot to come to.

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Looking at that second pick at 10 I think nik stauskas could be the guy. Great shooter and pretty good perimeter defender. I would love for a guy like vonleh but I seriously doubt he'll fall past the lakers at 7. Another option would be Dougie McBuckets, basically we really need to draft a guy who can hit open shots.

Who do you guys think we get in FA? My guess is a bunch of vets with good leadership on expensive short term deals. Wouldn't shock me if Caron Butler gets the nod.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Looking at that second pick at 10 I think nik stauskas could be the guy. Great shooter and pretty good perimeter defender. I would love for a guy like vonleh but I seriously doubt he'll fall past the lakers at 7. Another option would be Dougie McBuckets, basically we really need to draft a guy who can hit open shots.

Who do you guys think we get in FA? My guess is a bunch of vets with good leadership on expensive short term deals. Wouldn't shock me if Caron Butler gets the nod.

I would love to get Vonleh, or Randle but I doubt either will be available at 10. I would not mind Stauskas or Daric at 10, but for me it just depends on who we get at three.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I would love to get Vonleh, or Randle but I doubt either will be available at 10. I would not mind Stauskas or Daric at 10, but for me it just depends on who we get at three.

There is no way Randle is there. Would be shocked if he goes past 5. He iis going to br an all star in this league for a long time.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
There is no way Randle is there. Would be shocked if he goes past 5. He iis going to br an all star in this league for a long time.

Which is what I said. Exum should go 4, and then either Randle or Vonleh at 5.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Which is what I said. Exum should go 4, and then either Randle or Vonleh at 5.

I wouldn't run to the bank with that. I think Randle is going to slip, and I don't think Vonleh going ahead of him is an upset anymore. Vonleh is just scratching the surface of his potential. Huge wingspan and a nice outside jumper already (something Randle hasn't shown yet). Much more potential on the defensive side as well. Now I don't think he will fall all the way to 10, but I could see him going around 8 or so and if Hinkie likes him, he can jump two spots if he wants.

I would hate Randle as my first pick, but I would love him as a second piece. He gives you a low post presence on offense and paired with Noel he doesn't need to be a stopper and he can rebound the ball.

I highly doubt Hinkie is a McDermott fan. Saric I could see, but he is risky. Gordon seems like he fits the profile of a guy you want to develop. Great athlete, could be an elite on ball defender, but shot 42% from the line-that's why he would be there at 10. Brett Brown and his staff are know to be shot gurus and if San Antonio is any indication, he did a pretty good job down there. I guess the second pick (if they don't trade it) will depend whether they get Embiid or one of the scorers. This team needs to go BPA, but position could be a tie breaker.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I know nothing of basketball or draft picks in the NBA, would it be possible to grab another top ten pick for Thad plus some second rounders?

Grab Parker or Wiggins at #3
Grab Randle with the obtained top ten
Grab either Harris or Dougie McBuckets with #10

Noel
Randle/McBuckets
Wiggins/Parker/McBuckets
Harris/Parker
MCW

I don't know. Is that realistic? Probably not? Is that even a good team? I don't know either. I am just trying to like basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad