OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): 3rd and 10th pick at the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawkins121

Jul 7, 2007
Philadelphia
This explains why we have a better chance at the 4th pick than 2nd. If the Bucks win the lottery and get the 1st pick we will still have the best chance at getting the 2nd pick and then if necessary the third pick. After that it's no more lottery and the remaining teams get the rest of the picks based on their record. So if we don't win any lottery for the first, second, or third pick we would be given the fourth pick. (Unless the Bucks didn't win the first, second, or third either they would get fourth and we would get fifth).

Yup, worst-case scenario is the Pelicans luck into a top 3 pick along with two other non-Milwaukee teams. That would push the Sixers to the 5th pick while the Pelicans keep theirs.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Yup, worst-case scenario is the Pelicans luck into a top 3 pick along with two other non-Milwaukee teams. That would push the Sixers to the 5th pick while the Pelicans keep theirs.

That would make me rage...especially if the Lakers and Celtics pick ahead of us...ugh!

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I thought I read that the highest probably of #4 is that in the history of the lottery, the team with the 2nd worst record has ended up #4 overall the most times.

It's based on odds not history. If you believe in the law of averages, the two worst teams are due to win one of these things.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Despite resolving to follow NCAA basketball, I ended up actively ignoring it for two years. :facepalm: I definitely did that wrong.

Can anybody in this draft save the franchise?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
wiggins, parker, randle, exum probably. embiid has a high ceiling but we already have a franchise center

If healthy, Embiid could be the best player in this class. If the opportunity presents itself, it would be tough to pass him up at 3 or 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad