OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): 3rd and 10th pick at the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
0037.gif

missile%20tank.gif

tank-o.gif

tumblr_mstpxuQ4G81s89f6fo1_500.gif

tank-vs-prius-o.gif

For....

Wiggins!

andrew-wiggins-423.jpg

Schedule: http://www.nba.com/sixers/schedule/

Last edited by a moderator:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9892399/andrew-wiggins-admits-planning-enter-draft-next-year

In an interview for ESPN The Magazine's college basketball preview issue, Wiggins was asked what he's enjoyed most since he arrived at Kansas.

"I would say just being able to enjoy my last year of school," Wiggins said.

The 6-foot-8 wing is widely considered a lock to be the top pick in the 2014 draft if he declares.

He was asked his goals for this season.

"Win another championship, a national championship," he said. "Follow in Anthony Bennett's footsteps of going No. 1."

The past four No. 1 picks (Bennett, Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving and John Wall) played only one year in college. Blake Griffin, the top pick in 2009, played two years, and Derrick Rose (2008) was one-and-done at Memphis.

So No. 1 is the plan, Wiggins was asked.

"Yeah, if that's possible if I can, yeah," he said.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Really this whole 1 and done thing is a joke to college athletics.

They should allow High Schoolers to jump into the NBA.

And if you go to college for athletics it should be so you can get a free education. College should be a 3-4 year commitment , but high schoolers should be allowed int he nba draft.

Pretty much agree.
Just posted it cause I had nightmares we got the number 1 pick but Wiggins didn't declare. :laugh:

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I have never been more confused in my life. Hinkie has to sell high on any combination of Hawes, Turner, and/or Young before we end up with the 12th pick.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
No, no, no, Philly sports. Sixers need to lose and the Flyers need to win. Gaaaahhhhh.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I have never been more confused in my life. Hinkie has to sell high on any combination of Hawes, Turner, and/or Young before we end up with the 12th pick.

He will, don't worry. There's a reason we didn't extend Turner. Hinkie's got this.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Well so far it's nice to see one team in this town show competitive spirit but yes in order for this rebuild to reap the most benefits they have to secure a top 5 pick.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

Imo Hawes is a good person to have if you are aiming for a top pick. he is so soft :laugh:.

brec7

Nov 28, 2006
Sydney, NS
I remember the Vancouver Grizzlies won their first two games in franchise history. That didn't last. I predict this doesn't either so no need to "worry". :) At least the 9-73 mark won't be in jeopardy of being challenged.... oh wait, we have that too. ;) (Yes I'm a 76ers fan in spite of being a Habs fan.)

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
Imo Hawes is a good person to have if you are aiming for a top pick. he is so soft :laugh:.

Truth. We've seen this from him before: play surprisingly well for about 6 games and then disappear for 30. That said, if some GM wants to give us a nice asset based on those 6 good games, then I'm all for it.

I think Turner has a shot to put up consistently good numbers in this situation, which will hopefully drive up his trade value. Even though it's only two games it's nice to see him be able to finish at the rim and get to the line a little bit.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Good news: I like the way they're playing

Bad news: I like the way they're playing

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sixers are going to be like the Indians in Major League where the team wins in spite of ownership trying to tank the season!

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Carter Williams another excellent game so far...wow this team is well coached and competitive thus far but Im confused by it still...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad