OT: Philadelphia 76ers: It’s Great To Have A Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
is it a rule or something that we must have 1 bad person on our commentating crews in this city?
Alaa is unlistenable. He's better than the guys the Phillies have though..so I guess there's that.

Colangelo wasnt a good GM but getting Redick on these lucrative one yr deals was a sure-handed and forward thinking move that's paid major dividends for this team

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Good mental toughness shown here at the end to just bury these guys minus Jimmy.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Korkmaz is making his case in the NBA.....guess another team will benefit since we opted for the space for another big contract/potential star.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
They didnt pick up Korks option so at the end of the year he's a UFA.
Since the Sixers didnt pick up the option they can only offer him the 2 mill per year he was owed in the final year of the contract.
Some team will almost assuredly match and beat that 2 mill and have more minutes to give him.
So yeah, unless Kork has fallen in love with Philly he's likely gone at the end of the year.

Its the opposite of what Happened with Dario who came over a year early saving us cap and giving the staff time to develop and watch him in an NBA environment before having to make a decision on him contract-wise.
Kork came over 2 years early partly because Turkey's political situation isnt exactly the best place for a 19 yr old top ball prospect. Then he got hurt which took away even more development/observation time.

They had expirings on the roster already so they couldve moved those in the offseason to land the big fish.
Instead they let a 21 yr old 1st rounder who they barely evaluated walk for nothing.

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If the picked up his option he has a cap hold which limits the Sixers in doing things in the offseason, especially since Bolden/Fultz will be on hold as well, I think they'll eat around 11MM together for two guys that don't give you much of anything.

The Sixers basically made a financial decision considering they knew certain guys were already going to be holding up cap space.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I heard Fultz and Milton.

Somebody followed up that Milton isn't able to be traded. Something to do with him being a two-way contract. But It's not a beat, it was just a guy, so I'm not sure how definite that is.

KCP sucks...if it's KCP and the Lakers 1st, ok, but Fultz and Milton for just KCP? That's a loss.

Reactions: Lotusflower

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
As much as Fultz seems like a sunk cost...not sure I want to do that trade...
I get some people want to hold onto him, I rather get a expiring player for him and have his cap space for next year. We will need it to fill out this bad bench.

It’s great he’s in rehab and all but who’s to say it will go away. It can recur again anytime and Sixers can’t wait around for him. Management wasn’t happy how his agent handled this and I think it’s time to move on. Best for both parties.

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
Somebody followed up that Milton isn't able to be traded. Something to do with him being a two-way contract. But It's not a beat, it was just a guy, so I'm not sure how definite that is.

KCP sucks...if it's KCP and the Lakers 1st, ok, but Fultz and Milton for just KCP? That's a loss.
I thought they can convert those contracts over anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad