OT: Philadelphia 76ers: It’s Great To Have A Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Ben simmons is our 4th option on offense. Do you pay him a max contract?

I'm not that impressed with Ben Simmons, not sure what he offers offensively. He obviously didn't spend anytime improving his skill during the summer.

I'm not Jerry West so I could be off base.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I'm not that impressed with Ben Simmons, not sure what he offers offensively. He obviously didn't spend anytime improving his skill during the summer.

I'm not Jerry West so I could be off base.

You don't have to be Jerry West to make that correct observation. in the halfcourt, playing without the ball, ben simmons may be one of the most ineffective players in the league. That is not max money material. He can't shoot, and he can't finish with both hands, and he can't hit free throws. That is a really really really bad combination of things he can't do. And it sucks , because he can do just about everything else on the court.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
It’s easy to point out the flaws on this team but let’s not lose sight of the fact that they won the game against a good Utah team. Meanwhile the Bucks are down 22 at home against the lowly Bulls who are playing without several of their best players.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It’s easy to point out the flaws on this team but let’s not lose sight of the fact that they won the game against a good Utah team. Meanwhile the Bucks are down 22 at home against the lowly Bulls who are playing without several of their best players.

the reason why the bulls are up on the bucks, are the reasons why this sixers teams , as it is currently built, is flawed. So Good connection there.

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
You don't have to be Jerry West to make that correct observation. in the halfcourt, playing without the ball, ben simmons may be one of the most ineffective players in the league. That is not max money material. He can't shoot, and he can't finish with both hands, and he can't hit free throws. That is a really really really bad combination of things he can't do. And it sucks , because he can do just about everything else on the court.

and those are flaws that can be corrected but he seems more interested in hanging out with wh%%%res

Personally, I'd trade him for another scoring threat. I think Fultz could develop but I don't see him ever meshing with Simmons.

Poorly conceived planning by Coangelo.

Reactions: Ruck Over and Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
and those are flaws that can be corrected but he seems more interested in hanging out with wh%%%res

Personally, I'd trade him for another scoring threat. I think Fultz could develop but I don't see him ever meshing with Simmons.

Poorly conceived planning by Coangelo.

hey now. let's not call kendall that word, or any woman for that matter. I have more faith in fultz learning to shoot before simmons. Ben simmons is right handed like you and me, and his father from a young age , for who knows why, forced him to shoot with his left hand. That is why he sucks. If he would work on shooting from his right hand he could at least become a threat, the problem is that he has had never admitted his shooting is a problem( it is) and fancies himself a pg because he won't be put in situations where he has to shoot.

I agree with you that trading simmons is the key to us taking that next step, and I hope that we could dummy some team that buys into the simmons hype. Simmons is great in transition, great on defense, great on the glass and all that excellence can't make up for the fact that he is one of the worst half court players in the nba.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Shitting constantly on the reigning rookie of the year- a triple double machine and phenomenal defender in his second year in the NBA....it's like shitting on Voracek.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
****ting constantly on the reigning rookie of the year- a triple double machine and phenomenal defender in his second year in the NBA....it's like ****ting on Voracek.

see for yourself friend. Here is a 12 minute video in which you will see ben simmons use his left hand for 3 dunks, and 1 layup at the 6:15 mark. Ben simmons is left handed. a Lefty who can't shoot lefty, that shoots lefty regardless.

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
****ting constantly on the reigning rookie of the year- a triple double machine and phenomenal defender in his second year in the NBA....it's like ****ting on Voracek.

Guy has no interest in improving his game.

Vorachek - I don't think his cap space is worth it. For that cap hit I want a guy capable of leading you in the playoffs. Its nothing against Vorachek as a player, its simply asset management from my point of view.

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
plus Simmons is leaving for LA when he gets the chance.

He;s all about the glitz and glam

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018

And I don't know what everything has to be about shitt$$$$ng on someone if you're not 100% on board with a player, coach, or whatever.

I view guys like sommons and vorachek as valuable pieces that could be used to improve the team. Just because I think that way doesnt mean I';m saying they suck, i hate them, whatever

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Coffin. Now.

BelovedClumsyAphid-small.gif

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

lol. and look at that. I guess the bulls went into a " hak shell" That never happens in any other sport. And the reason the bucks came back is the reason why the sixers are flawed.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Needing to work on flaws is different than throwing the baby out with the bath water in your never ending complaining about him, my man.

He’s wrong by the way. Simmons isn’t Voracek. He’s Couturier. :sarcasm:

These flaws have been ingrained in his game since high school. He missed his whole rookie year, and had a chance to work on his jump shot and failed to do so He had a whole offseason to work on finishing with his left hand , he failed to do so. This isn't ever goiing to change.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
These flaws have been ingrained in his game since high school. He missed his whole rookie year, and had a chance to work on his jump shot and failed to do so He had a whole offseason to work on finishing with his left hand , he failed to do so. This isn't ever goiing to change.
Wait, did you just rip him for not working on his jump shot after.....breaking his foot?

His foot.

Fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad