OT: Philadelphia 76ers and the NBA (basketball)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This Laker SL team shoots lights out. This is crazy.

Hopefully Ben Simmons is just as effective with his passing (if not more) as Lonzo Ball has been for the Lakers. I suspect Ball won't be making as many long attempts as he has against legit NBA competition but he has definitely impacted the pace of the Laker's game with his passing. Simmons should be able to do the same considering what he has around him. He showed as much in his SL stint before he got injured. Sixers, Lakers and Celts rivalry will be back in full swing....I grew up watching some of those throw back teams duke it out. It was some great rivalry B-Ball..

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
There are so many ways around Insider that it really shouldn't matter. Hell, you can get an ESPN The Magazine sub for $5/year or less. There are free options as well.

I don't want to support a lot of what ESPN does either, but there are definitely content creators behind the wall that are worth my money -- DX, Keith Law, Kevin Pelton, Aaron Schatz, Phil Steele, Micah Adams, Dean Oliver, etc. I just don't give the crap like Chad Ford any clicks.

Yeah I don't see ESPN producing all of the video breakdowns.

And that would be the #1 thing that needs to stay, sadly. I almost always prefer to read an article, but they're the perfect draft content. There are ways to guarantee ad visibility with the average ******* user that exist for video that don't exist for text too.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
He supposedly wants to be the lead guy. Phoenix and Denver make some sense. Definitely not a fit here.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
2 divas ready to take their "Talents" elsewhere....well at least Cleveland got their one NBA title...

Yeah, Lebron accomplished what he came back to Cleveland to do.

Can't say I really want either of them that bad. It would be hilarious if they both go out West. The East might as well be a minor league.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Sounds like Lebron told Kyrie he is 100% leaving next year.

Where did you see that?

The way I read the ESPN article, Irving doesn't want to play second fiddle. James' leaving would put him back where he was when he signed his deal--the centerpiece of a mediocre (at best) team.

Given that he doesn't want to be the second best player on a team, where does he go?

A month ago, a Butler + for Irving deal might have made sense. It's harder to see a landing spot now.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
LeBron will be two years older when he leaves, while he's had a great career, I don't think he'll be a game changer by that point in his career.
Everyone gets old.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
He just played the best or 2nd best year of his career. You have no idea how long he'll be dominant for.

Generational player who is seemingly never hurt, he's not a normal human.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Thats why i cant stand lebron, all the *****ing, complaining, flopping, and traveling he does and gets away with really makes me have a very negative opinion on him, even with him being a generational talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad