Confirmed with Link: Phil Kessel traded - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I will have little to zero interest to watch this team if Phaneuf returns with the C. They identified the wrong problem.

Babcock has worked magic with average D before. Phaneuf doesn't have the baggage Kessel has. He just needs support like Kronwall got with Dekeyser/Smith and Green now.

Keeping Phaneuf this year makes a hell of a lot more sense. This guy wants to prove he can be the guy to lead us through the rebuild.

I've got zero problems with Phaneuf for the next 3-4 years. He just shouldn't be our best D 2 years from now though.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
Still amazing how Nonis and Burke have managed to dodge so much blame

Their the ones who built this treadmill of a team and locked up this below average core long-term

Agree, the media need to stress that hardly. Maybe we get another burke interview where he says that he would do that draft again :laugh::shakehead

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Predictions:

Kessel scores 45 goals next year. Crosby over 100 points again. Crosby and Kessel hover around 60% GF and are absolutely dominant.

mikebel111*

Dubas said the goal isn't to win the trade today

He also said we didn't get the return worthy of Phil's calibre but trades today very rarely do

can people shut up now? He admitted we didn't get full value but its all about the future

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
:laugh: people keep missing that.
knowing our luck though, they are gonna miss the playoffs two years in a row.

In that case the 1st turn to a 2nd and we don't give them a second. I think value-wise, that's pretty much all the same actually.

It's ok. The conditions don't really matter.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I'm not pissed a the return, per se. I'm a little pissed about the conditions of the picks. I'm also pissed that we couldn't work out a dump opposed to retention. I'm in the camp that thought that he would get a similar return to what he actually ended up getting. With retention I thought that he would land a little more.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

He also said we didn't get the return worthy of Phil's calibre but trades today very rarely do

can people shut up now? He admitted we didn't get full value but its all about the future

Hahahaha

Well if he admitted his dumb ass play....

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Predictions:

Kessel scores 45 goals next year. Crosby over 100 points again. Crosby and Kessel hover around 60% GF and are absolutely dominant.

Prediction: Pens are first round fodder again because they have so many rookie D's and injuries (as always).

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON

guess Rutherford won the game of chicken.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm not pissed a the return, per se. I'm a little pissed about the conditions of the picks. I'm also pissed that we couldn't work out a dump opposed to retention. I'm in the camp that thought that he would get a similar return to what he actually ended up getting. With retention I thought that he would land a little more.

it's easy

all the players that would be included in a dump - did not want to come to Toronto.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
So where do people see us next year?
Arizona/Toronto?
How much better did Edmonton/Buffalo get?
Boston got worse but probably in 9-10-11 spot.
Who makes the East top 8?

Dugath

Jan 9, 2014
If Kessel's contract was 5 years at 5 to 6 Million the return for trading him would have been through the roof.

Bottom line is contract was too long and for too much money.
Other teams could not fit him under the cap or had concerns about the length. Then there was the NTC which limited what the Leafs could do.

The return considering all that was good.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Predictions:

Prediction:

You keep your over-reacting agenda up until early October.

Come 2016 you're behind the trade.

By next summer you act like you loved trade trade today.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Dubas: many times management comes up to the podium and promise change, and nothing happens. It's obvious that our management wants change to happen and we're committed. It's not about Phil. it's about how things here weren't working period, and we're changing things.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
So where do people see us next year?
Arizona/Toronto?
How much better did Edmonton/Buffalo get?
Boston got worse but probably in 9-10-11 spot.
Who makes the East top 8?

Bottom 5 with an outside shot at bottom 3.

Really depends on if Phaneuf is moved too.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
@JoeStarkey1
Gary Roberts tells me he'll be working with Kessel starting this month. I'm thinking that's a pretty good guy to work out with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad