Phil Kessel skates down the wing and Shoots...

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
kessel is working hard away from the puck...he lost interest after the goalie starting stinking it up.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
You haven't noticed him making plays out there? He could have three or four more assists out there if guys were finishing

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
I realize that Kessel is a very highly talented sniper. I realize that he often scores off the rush. I am simply noticing an excess of shots from the extreme perimeter. I noticed that he was dangerous when passing on the PP today - I have no doubt he will pick it up. I just think he is making some low percentage plays.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
I realize that Kessel is a very highly talented sniper. I realize that he often scores off the rush. I am simply noticing an excess of shots from the extreme perimeter. I noticed that he was dangerous when passing on the PP today - I have no doubt he will pick it up. I just think he is making some low percentage plays.

At least he gets the puck on net though. It bothers me more that his line mates never seem to think of picking up all the rebounds Phil creates. Watch for that next game and your frustration will blossom into a confused rage

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Kessel needs a conditioning stint in the AHL to get his confidence back. He can't score.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Kessel needs a conditioning stint in the AHL to get his confidence back. He can't score.

Good idea, he has never struggled scoring before and chances don't count for anything. He should be waiver exempt, and even if not, wouldnt be claimed anyway.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Was going to post that video, already done. :laugh:

Those blogesalming videos get me each and every time. :biglaugh:

Brozak

i scoreded a goal
May 30, 2009
Kitchener, ON
Don't make Phil Kessel sound like Jason Blake. Phil Kessel is a gem. He'll heat up shortly. Though it's going to be a little bit harder without Lupul.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
The people ripping Kessel are going to look even more stupid than the people that ripped Kadri - and that's pretty hard to do right now.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Thanks to the OP. Because of this, I ended up watching blogesalming videos on youtube for an hour. Feeling so relaxed now in spite of the loss.

PS: Others, yes it works!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Phil Kessel always has streaks like this. He'll press and press and then one will go in and he'll be hot for about 6-8 games. The guy gets flak for shooting so much but when he has someone to actually pass it to, the guy is quite dynamic with his playmaking too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad