Phil Kessel skates down the wing and Shoots...

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Leave Kessel alone, he's just snakebitten right now. It happens to the best of them. Let's not forget who's to really blame tonight..

Scrivens-for-Interview-4.jpg

And I posted the picture with him in a Marlies jersey on purpose, because that's all he'll ever be.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
And then turned back as Macarthur and Bozak fumbled the rebound.

Yes Macarthur and Bozak. I'm not sure if a player of Kessel's caliber has ever had worse linemates.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
I'm not blaming him for the loss lol

I think he needs to be more creative. He is shooting from low percentage areas, even for him.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
His conditioning probably isn't where it needs to be and it's gonna show in his 3rd game in 4 nights.

Lets not forget how him and Mac have zero chemistry.

He'll find his touch soon... people need to not freak out over a freaking loss.

The Pens lost 5-2 to us last night... no ones calling for Crosby or Malkins head. Stop being drama queens.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
He just had a bad game, he's a career AHLer. :shakehead

His weaknesses aren't just going to lead to one bad game, they're glaring weaknesses that he won't overcome if he already hasn't by the age of 27. He is slow as molasses, can't handle the puck to save his life, and does not have anywhere near an NHL caliber glove hand.

Even in his two previous games where he posted a 1.50 GAA, he did not look that good, the team just played very well around him.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
I'm not blaming him for the loss lol

I think he needs to be more creative. He is shooting from low percentage areas, even for him.

I completely agree. Can't stand that little inside out move he tries when he can't get around. Predictable, never works. Every once in a while I'ld like to see him use his speed to create space and wait for everybody else to catch up instead of turning it over just when the rest of the team gets to the blueline.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
He is producing in other ways. Look how many assists he could've had tonight. His passing this season so far has been excellent. Too bad no one is finishing for him. He'll get his goals too. But his lack of production right now is entirely on the shoulders of some others.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Leave Kessel alone, he's just snakebitten right now. It happens to the best of them. Let's not forget who's to really blame tonight..

And I posted the picture with him in a Marlies jersey on purpose, because that's all he'll ever be.

LOL 2 goals or less every 3 outta 4 games is a good thing, especially for a rebuilding team.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Remember the beginning of the year when Kadri wasn't racking up points the first 12 or so games? Then points started coming in bunches and he became a point per game player. Don't write off Kessel after 4 games.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Seems like there's always one opposing player shadowing him on ES, and he doesn't have much room to shoot on the PP. Could've had a couple of assists tonight though, and had some great chances against the Pens too. Put him alongside Kadri and Frattin, and replace Kostka with Gardiner/Liles

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
MacArthur has to be gone; he brings nothing to the table.

Can't pass; relies on rebounds and gifted goals.

Completely kills the chemistry of every line he's been on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->