Phil Kessel skates down the wing and Shoots...

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Not worried about Kessel, the effort is there, it's just a matter of time. He's buzzing all over the place.

Yeah you cannot question his effort, just seem to be having his "Kessel Slumps" I'll gladly take it now than during mid season or late into the season, I think Phil just needs to get that one goal to get the ball rolling, good to see JVR giving him a chance to score by sacrificing a possible chance of scoring a goal himself.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
That pass to JVR was unreal, he made a couple of amazing passes tonight. I think Kessel is actually a top passer in the league, he's really improved his game.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
That pass to JVR was unreal, he made a couple of amazing passes tonight. I think Kessel is actually a top passer in the league, he's really improved his game.

His passing is grossly underrated. How many times has he set up Kostka on the cross ice pass on the PP, and Kostka look like he has a grenade on the end of his stick?

They need a left handed shot out there to one time those beauty feeds from Phil.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
He's been great. Skating hard, creating tons of offence, and actually playing serious defence. Goals aren't everything. He's been wearing the other teams out (as much as himself).

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I'm pretty sure all his assists this year have been rebounds off of his shots. He may not be scoring, but he's still generating offense.

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
His passing is grossly underrated. How many times has he set up Kostka on the cross ice pass on the PP, and Kostka look like he has a grenade on the end of his stick?

They need a left handed shot out there to one time those beauty feeds from Phil.

Ovechkin

:sarcasm:

But he's right handed so no

TheSilencer

Feb 5, 2010
Toronto

I particularly liked Phil's passes to Kostka against the Isles during the 1st period? i think. He set up Kostka beautifully, but the guy couldn't finish.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
is it normal for a guy just to skate in... go to the middle and shoot
having the puck deflect and go out

lol i uno, i see that alot

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
is it normal for a guy just to skate in... go to the middle and shoot
having the puck deflect and go out

lol i uno, i see that alot

Frustration gets the better of him every now and then but he has been getting right infront of the net. Just some bad luck that will subside soon.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/game/1289326/

Failing to score

Ovechkin only had one other shot on the night. Leafs sniper Phil Kessel, meanwhile, had six shots and did everything but score.

Kessel, who has no goals and three assists in his first seven games, has now failed to score on 33 shots this season in his bid for his 100th goal as a Maple Leaf.

"We got a win so it doesn't matter," said Kessel.

"I'm trying hard. I'm getting chances. They're just not going in right now," he added.

His drought continued in the first period as Neuvirth stoned him from in close during a four-minute power play with Jason Chimera off for hooking and unsportsmanlike conduct.

But a Kessel shot on the extended power play led to van Riemsdyk's goal as the big forward, stationed in front of goal like a lamppost, tucked in the rebound for his fourth of the season at 8:19 of the period.

Kessel was somehow denied by Neuvirth midway through the second when he tucked a shot between his legs from in-close. Neuvirth did it again with a glove save in the third and later stopped van Riemsdyk on a breakway.

"The goals are going to come ... He's just got to continue to keep working and not get down," Carlyle said of Kessel.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
And then turned back as Macarthur and Bozak fumbled the rebound.

Yes Macarthur and Bozak. I'm not sure if a player of Kessel's caliber has ever had worse linemates.

Well, I do remember that for a while Sundin was playing with Jonas "Can't get the puck off the ice" Hoglund. I can't remember who his other linemate was at the time, but he probably wasn't any better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->