Confirmed with Link: [PHI/WPG] Kevin Hayes UFA rights for a 2019 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I agree with coaching but the player has to have intensity in them and a lot don't on this team.
Most of them do. Not really sure who you could point at that doesn’t

Giroux. Check.
Coots check
Voracek. Check
Tk check
Patrick. Check
Ghost check
Provy check
Myers. Check
Gudas check
Sanhiem. Check.
Hagg tries to but usually a step behind. So ineffective but still check.
Laughton check
Hartman check. Raffl. Check.
Morin check
Lindbom check.

So jvr maybe
And hayes isn’t overly intense

Seriously who are you talking about

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Or maybe he just wants to have all the UFA offers and then pick where HE wants to be? Jesus Christ.

If the team is that bad, why do you follow them?
Can’t you tell by host posts? He DOESNT follow this team.

He just comes on here to make up lies about how all the good players are bad, all the bad players are good, scoring doesn’t matter, and we need more hits.

He’s definitely not a Flyers fan, but he’s probably not a hockey fan in general either.

Reactions: Adtar02

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Most of them do. Not really sure who you could point at that doesn’t

Giroux. Check.
Coots check
Voracek. Check
Tk check
Patrick. Check
Ghost check
Provy check
Myers. Check
Gudas check
Sanhiem. Check.
Hagg tries to but usually a step behind. So ineffective but still check.
Laughton check
Hartman check. Raffl. Check.
Morin check
Lindbom check.

So jvr maybe
And hayes isn’t overly intense

Seriously who are you talking about
But none do it for more than a period here or there but it not in the make up. You love these players so thats fine but they would get punished just like when pitt ran them all over and Wash. Agree to disagree but like I said I love the new coaching staff and hopefull I'll love the new faces that are brought in and lets see where we are but if we suck we know the players are toast this time.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Striiker you mean more commitment to team d and more intensity. I love Bergeron,Marchand,Pasternak way more then G,V,JVr because of the commitment to winning and playing intense. Our stars are slower and more boring then other teams but its what we have.

FlyerEra2010

May 20, 2010
Lakeville, MN
Striiker you mean more commitment to team d and more intensity. I love Bergeron,Marchand,Pasternak way more then G,V,JVr because of the commitment to winning and playing intense. Our stars are slower and more boring then other teams but its what we have.
I feel like you're not allowed to be a Flyers fan if you love Brad Marchand and his rat face way more than G.

Reactions: BiggE and Curufinwe

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
From the fans or Dave Scott/Homer? :laugh:

Both! :laugh:

Reaction was for the most part neither laudatory nor negative. Muted enthusiasm at best, a shrug at worst. We all knew this team could use an upgrade down the middle, we all knew management would do something on that front. At least Hayes, at ~$6 mil, could be portrayed as the cost of upgrading through free agency. But an upgrade nevertheless. And essentially one that only costs money.

But if we don't sign him -- and you will hear squawking from both sides about not being able to sign free agents or that we dodged a bullet -- do people hop back aboard the UFA/trade train? Or put their eggs in the Patrick/Frost basket? Problem is, we know management won't do the latter. They will move onto another "something." Maybe with more desperation. Perhaps that something will cost a valued asset more than cap space. Perhaps that player will not actually upgrade the roster but be yet another deadbeat, overplayed placeholder. All this ignores this is just one hole that needs filling based on management/ownership comments. Maybe instead of splurging 6x6 on Hayes, they spend that money burning a hole in Comcast's pocket more unwisely elsewhere.

That's when I really worry about Comcast's impatience and we make a bad trade or two

X-ach-lee.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

I thinking one of the biggest annoyances of mine is assuming players don't want to win, especially a guy like Giroux. There is literally NOTHING that shows he doesnt want to win.

Reactions: Striiker

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I just read on the main boards that Konecny is a C for us.
Guy was adamant about it lol.

I think you have to go back Konecny’s first year in the OHL when he last played an extended period of time down the middle.
There are some fantasy sites that list Konecny as a center to this day.
Way late here but EA also still has Konecny as a center in their game, as does Upper Deck on their trading cards. Drives me crazy, lol.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Now, maybe I'm overthinking this, but hear me out: this trade does not preclude trading for a center upgrade at the draft? For the cost of a 5th rounder, you get to negotiate with a "better" UFA center (for this class), benchmark the market price for him, and have a good understanding of what "Plan B" might cost. IT also reduces the smell of desperation in the trade market, because they got Hayes in house already and are negotiating with him before anyone else can.

Or I could just be high.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Giroux has a high compete level, just doesn't have the body that allows him to do some things (like we don't want him throwing his body around, too valuable to lose).
Couts has a high compete level. Check the 6th game of the 2017-18 playoffs.
TK plays with intensity but has an inconsistent motor, especially on defense, but is fearless (checking Byfuglein, A for effort, F for effect).
Provorov is off the charts, played the 2017-18 playoffs with I think was a separated shoulder?
Gudas had to learn to taper down his intensity, from psychotic to merely fierce.
Lindblom definitely has a high compete level, never saw a loose puck that he wouldn't chase into a corner.

There's no one else that jumps out at me with a high compete level on this team.
Not saying they're "dogs," but not the same as the guys above.

Patrick may be careful due to subconscious fear of being re-injured, his surgeries were no joke at 18 and 19, had to scare him.
Sanheim needs to get stronger and meaner.
Ghost is undersized and plays that way.
Hagg hits people, but really isn't intense, he doesn't flatten people in the crease, for example. If you can't be good, be mean.
Hartman is more stupid than intense, some of his penalties :huh:
Raffl is a good soldier, but more in a professional manner. Will do the dirty work but doesn't seem to enjoy it as much as Lindblom.
Laughton will forecheck but he's really not that physical.

Looking forward to unleashing Morin and Myers next year, though I think Myers' injuries, like Patrick, makes him less willing to use his body than you'd think, given his size.

I think once Farabee grows up, he's going to be a much beloved Flyer, doesn't shy from the dirty areas even at 162 lbs.
Frost is going to be like Giroux, too good to risk him getting hurt by trying to be macho.
Ratcliffe seems to have a dirty streak, which is good in a 6'6 220 lb PF, you want him to intimidate without being stupid.

Reactions: hatcher

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
I’m pretty sure if they get desperate enough and feel hayes isn’t going to sign. They can up the money. Which Inturn would screw up the cap.

And with everything else coming out. I think Trouba will come here and we will overpay for that.

I’d much rather go for Spurgeon / EK.
If I'm Hayes' agent thats exactly what i would do to get my client the best deal. Hayes isn't going to screw up the cap over the next three years and only cost a 5th which will be mitigated in two weeks by flipping him somewhere else if he wont sign here. All in all i like the move, Duchene is reportedly trying to stay in Nashville and trading for RNH or Kadri would have been expensive. Vigneault coached him for four years so they really know the player. Hard to say for sure but I think he really would help the team at C/RW over the next three years.

I think we all would like Spurge but trades are tough to make without overpaying especially with your old team. I'd be perfectly happy with Trouba the player but maybe not so happy with Trouba the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad