Confirmed with Link: [PHI/WPG] Kevin Hayes UFA rights for a 2019 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Friedman on 31 thoughts pod (best pod ever) - paraphrase

"Hayes was looking for at least 5 x 5.5...this is where we are starting at...price may go up if teams are interested"

Marek on 31 thoughts pod

"if I'm Nolan Patrick I'm thinking uh-oh, 2c is my spot"

Friedman "there has been rumblings about moving him"

"Fletcher told me, 20 year old centers are hard to come by. If we deal him, it will be from the position of and you're gonna see the deal and you're gonna understand it"

"They'll see whats out there"

Friedman on Comcast
"they are impatient. First round pick is in play"

Exactly.

Impatience is horrible. Sigh. This is going to be a roller coaster.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
That's less than I expected Hayes to want.

Dave Scott adds more fuel to my wish of Comcast’s demise.

T9kbZsM.gif

This is how I'm going to deal with the pain. Macho Man everything.

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
Stop it.

I mean, I wouldn’t totally hate the 11 for nylander. But I also doubt Toronto touches that.

I'd be meh until I see him play. Seems to be nice and flashy but then takes plays off and is 'soft'

Comcast and new owner sound like they want huge drastic changes... It could be pretty crazy

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I'd be meh until I see him play. Seems to be nice and flashy but then takes plays off and is 'soft'

Comcast and new owner sound like they want huge drastic changes... It could be pretty crazy

I’ve personally thought we’re going to be moving the 11th since that’s what we got. So I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see it moved.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
What did I just read? He had two good centers, an amazing C prospect, a flawed young defenseman, and a good winger? Forsberg’s corpse, an OK Pitkanen (but he was a high pick!) and Umberger? And he worked his way to #2 overall in one of the weakest drafts in the past 20 years?

The Flyers had no farm system, no goaltending, no defense (aside from the statues Clarke had just signed), and no real forward depth. Look at the roster and prospect pool in October 2006, it was garbage. He had some forward pieces to work with, but he basically had to build an entire NHL team around them and he did that. He did not rebuild the prospect pool well, but it’s difficult to do both at the sane time, and he transitioned to restocking way too late/never after he’d completed the NHL team.

Saying he walked into a good situation is almost revisionist history, and the “good cap management” before him is a laugh. The league had had a cap for barely a year! The ceiling was like $400!

You’re discounting how fertile the situation was when Holmgren took over to an insane degree.

How many GMs take over with 21 y/o centers of Carter & Richards’ caliber?; plus a 19 y/o center Giroux’s caliber; plus a 26 y/o 41 goal scorer (Gagne); plus a 22 yr old 4th overall defenseman coming off 2 40+ pt seasons (your attempt to act like Pitkanen wasn’t considered a blue chip young D with tons of trade value is what is disingenuously “revisionist” here; plus an all-time great center with huge deadline trade value (Forsberg); plus the #2 overall pick (you’re unfairly acting like an 18 y/o JVR (who is now a $7M player) isn’t a good asset); PLUS the money to sign Timonen, Briere, Hartnell & Biron ????

And you think that’s “morbid”??? That’s an existing framework for one of the best young cores in the league.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hayes is gonna go the free agent route to see whats out there.
If you don’t think his agent has already spoken to teams and knows what’s out there waiting for him, you are naive. Tampering is rampant. Teams, probably including the Flyers, have already reached out to his agent. They might not have talked specific numbers but probably ballpark figures.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
If you don’t think his agent has already spoken to teams and knows what’s out there waiting for him, you are naive. Tampering is rampant. Teams, probably including the Flyers, have already reached out to his agent. They might not have talked specific numbers but probably ballpark figures.
thanks for the insight

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Then I'd turn around and give Brassard a one year "show me" deal to buy time for Patrick, Frost and Rubtsov.
This idea that we have to add a 2C is absurd, just some short-term depth to buy time for the kids in LHV to grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad