Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Travis Konecny re-signs with Flyers (6 years, $5.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
Marner set the top and this would be the bottom for the remaining big RFAs I guess. Good player. He scores 30 and looks like a steal.

Reactions: hn777

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Very good signing. Flyers have done a good job locking up their key young guys on affordable deals.
Seems like the Marner deal so far (fingers crossed) hasn’t inflated other contracts as much as was feared.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Ok, I'm a Devils fan so I'm biased AF but this deal looks a little much. It's really banking on him taking the next step up in his play. Makes me feel a little better about drafting Zacha who even though is a disappointment, is also signed for the cheap for the next three years.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Ok, I'm a Devils fan so I'm biased AF but this deal looks a little much. It's really banking on him taking the next step up in his play. Makes me feel a little better about drafting Zacha who even though is a disappointment, is also signed for the cheap for the next three years.

Does Zacha even have 23 career goals ??

5.5 for 25 goals as a 22 year old is fair price, contract only gets better from there

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Good deal. Looks like GM's are not following the Marner overpayment precedent as I suspected and are following their own cap team structure. This is a deal very much in line to the Morrisey, Provorov, Keller RFA deals.

[MOD] Not remotely comparable players and both this deal and the Keller deal are paying the players quite handsomely and in figures more in line with UFA contracts than RFA deal of yonder. Honestly Provorov made out pretty well himself too. Good deal for Konecny going forward though, should be at least fair value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TML1990

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

This legit might be the worst take hfboards has had since the Toronto-Carter trade.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Zacha signed cheap for a reason.

5.5 for a 22 year old 30-30 (fully expect it this year) 1st line winger with great ES scoring In this cap ERA is a damn bargain

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yes, we can all pick one minute thing out of context and rail someone for it. There’s thousands to pick from leaf players... including your favorites.

Either move on from the “He CaNt DrIvE pLaY” mantra which is totally devoid of context or pick something that’s more tangible.

The “he can’t drive play” mantra is based mostly on the results of regression models that entirely account for context (teammates, competition, zone usage, score usage, etc.) and isolate a player’s individual impact from their context.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Does Zacha even have 23 career goals ??

5.5 for 25 goals as a 22 year old is fair price, contract only gets better from there

I bet the Rangers are psyched that they picked Sanguinetti over Giroux, too. The Flyers have to pay Giroux like $8.275 million, and the Rangers don't have to pay Sanguinetti anything!

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
[MOD] Not remotely comparable players and both this deal and the Keller deal are paying the players quite handsomely and in figures more in line with UFA contracts than RFA deal of yonder. Honestly Provorov made out pretty well himself too.

Konecny is better than Keller. If Konecny got Keller's usage he'd be pushing 80 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1865

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
By this logic, I'm pumped to have Boo Nieves making league minimum rather than having to pay Konecny.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
The “he can’t drive play” mantra is based mostly on the results of regression models that entirely account for context (teammates, competition, zone usage, score usage, etc.) and isolate a player’s individual impact from their context.
Yes, I am quite familiar. If you actually want to write out the regression and derive the errors, then we can talk about it. Otherwise, the notion of advanced stats (and their regressions) will likely be someone quoting Corsi, Corsirel, and FF.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Konecny is better than Keller. If Konecny got Keller's usage he'd be pushing 80 points.

Well I wouldn't go that far but you're welcome to think that. Fair contract though, as said it's pretty much fair value based on what he brings and likely to look better as he develops, but if we're talking about what he's already done to earn it well I think the player should be fairly happy with the figure as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad