Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Travis Konecny re-signs with Flyers (6 years, $5.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I think 70 pts gets you 7+m in the new RFA world. So 5.5 for 50 pts seems OK. Just ok. But, better than losing the player, and 6 years takes a bit of the sting out of the cap hit, as long as he stays in that 50+ pt range.

I think him and Kapanen are pretty good comparables given last year, and Kap got a few mill yes but also less term, so this seems to be almost directly in line with that deal.

If people say that is a good deal then so is this one IMO

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
That's rich for my blood. 25-25 player right now. Someone will counter that Nylander is a 20-40 guy who got $7m at the same term and that Konecny only had 8 points on the PP but I'm not swayed.

Would have liked to see him under $5m, if not $4m. Heck Dzingle only got $3.375m for those kinda numbers as a UFA.

So many ITT have never watched Konecny actually play and it shows.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
That's rich for my blood. 25-25 player right now. Someone will counter that Nylander is a 20-40 guy who got $7m at the same term and that Konecny only had 8 points on the PP but I'm not swayed.

Would have liked to see him under $5m, if not $4m. Heck Dzingle only got $3.375m for those kinda numbers as a UFA.

Right, but Dzingel's a 27-year-old known quantity, a bit different for a 22-year-old I think.

Konecny's a great goalscorer who will easily be a 30-goal guy with a bit of PP time. I think $5.5m is basically the going rate for that.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Great 5v5 scoring rates and plays with an edge. Good for us to keep him. Contact is too rich for my taste, however, down the line this will be great if he keeps progressing.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Well if you told me the Flyers would have gotten both Provorov and Konecny for 12,25M$ for the next six year, I would have say they did pretty well
But somehow Leafs fans were saying it was disrespectful to propose Konecny + Sanheim/Provorov for Marner.

Konecny + Provorov for 12.2 >>> Marner 10.9
Konecny + Sanheim for 8.85 >>>>> Marner

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Neither drive play well and have a decent shot.

Say drive the play one more time....

He plays on a line with Couturier and Giroux, he doesn't need to drive the play. He has two of the best in the business to do it for him.

You would know that if you had watched a single minute of his playtime rather than stat watching

Last edited by a moderator:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Good deal. Looks like GM's are not following the Marner overpayment precedent as I suspected and are following their own cap team structure. This is a deal very much in line to the Morrisey, Provorov, Keller RFA deals.

Reactions: hn777 and Devonator

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Neither drive play well and have a decent shot.
Yes, we can all pick one minute thing out of context and rail someone for it. There’s thousands to pick from leaf players... including your favorites.

Either move on from the “He CaNt DrIvE pLaY” mantra which is totally devoid of context or pick something that’s more tangible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad