Confirmed with Link: [PHI/TBL] Radko Gudas, 1st, 3rd rounder for Braydon Coburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So much for liking the current group and not making a splash. I wasn't expecting this.

Well, I mean, I guess we got a better defense going into the playoffs. We just paid a steep price for it. But, if nothing else, we can look at the here and now and say this makes us better. Gudas probably wasn't going to be available. And we remember what he looked like last year when he wasn't at 100%.

SchennSational1022*

By the way, he strictly plays the right side. I can't recall too many times where he plays on the left side.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Hey Flyer fans, does Coburn have any preexisting chemistry with Carle when they were together in Philly or did they not see much time together over the years?

SchennSational1022*

Hey Flyer fans, does Coburn have any preexisting chemistry with Carle when they were together in Philly or did they not see much time together over the years?

Nope. Carle played with Pronger, why do you think he got that contract :sarcasm:, and Coburn was always paired with Timonen. I think the best fit for him is as a RD to Hedman for you guys.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010

Not that I can remember. Carle's not the kind of guy you really want with Coburn, either. Much too passive and you don't really want a pairing that defers to Coburn.

I'd imagine Stralman or Hedman would make terrific partners for him.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Not too much. Coburn was usually married to Timonen.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ya this is my thought too... I think they were bailing on Gudas honestly. He either wasn't healing like they hoped, or just too injury prone. I mean, I love the guy and his grit, but he isn't irreplaceable in our lineup, especially if he's slowing down more.

And Gudas isn't nearly as effective when he's not 100%. He's a liability when he loses any mobility. I love the guy, but if management has concerns about his knee, this deal suddenly makes a ton of sense.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Nope. Carle played with Pronger, why do you think he got that contract :sarcasm:, and Coburn was always paired with Timonen. I think the best fit for him is as a RD to Hedman for you guys.
No, I knew he played with Pronger, I just didn't know for how long or after Pronger left.

Not that I can remember. Carle's not the kind of guy you really want with Coburn, either. Much too passive and you don't really want a pairing that defers to Coburn.

I'd imagine Stralman or Hedman would make terrific partners for him.

Not too much. Coburn was usually married to Timonen.

Thanks!

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Yzerman is not done. The price is steep, but just like with Conacher Bishop at first, I will be Patient and wait for Coburn to show he was worth it.

One forward will come to us tonight or tomorrow. We surely need a true powerforward/ Energy guy like Paquette. Kassian anyone?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yzerman is not done. The price is steep, but just like with Conacher Bishop at first, I will be Patient and wait for Coburn to show he was worth it.

One forward will come to us tonight or tomorrow. We surely need a true powerforward/ Energy guy like Paquette. Kassian anyone?

Interestingly enough, the more you think about it, the more this deal makes more sense than the Connolly deal, given the timing. Still don't like the price, mind you. If we flip some picks for a forward, it makes everything make sense. ...Scouting SJ pretty constantly...

Philly's going to LOVE The Gudas when he's healthy.

SchennSational1022*

Interestingly enough, the more you think about it, the more this deal makes more sense than the Connolly deal, given the timing. Still don't like the price, mind you. If we flip some picks for a forward, it makes everything make sense. ...Scouting SJ pretty constantly...

Gudas makes no sense for us, we have plenty of offensive blackholes who are immobile. As a Flyers fan I don't think he was necessary here but I digress.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Well, I mean, I guess we got a better defense going into the playoffs. We just paid a steep price for it. But, if nothing else, we can look at the here and now and say this makes us better. Gudas probably wasn't going to be available. And we remember what he looked like last year when he wasn't at 100%.

we got coburn and two second round picks

we gave up gudas, connolly and a 1st and a 3rd rounder we helped are need now and did not damage the future as well

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
So much for liking the current group and not making a splash. I wasn't expecting this.

Also is this the 1st time Yzerman has traded a 1st rd pick for a player?

We are officially past the rebuild stage friends! We are now in the buyers category! It's a weird feeling, because it always seems like the future is passing us by...

Also, I am officially over 1000 posts!

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012

we gave up gudas, connolly and a 1st and a 3rd rounder we helped are need now and did not damage the future as well

Yeah the price of the night (both deals together) isn't bad IMO, though we paid one team to much and got another team to pay us to much. Overall I am okay with the night (or a morning here in Europe) as long as we go for another physical guy today.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay

Ya, I guess this does help our lineup, and we still have a 1st, a third, and now we have a second... and its not like we are hurting for depth right now. I guess we are just in the buyers club now.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay

I wonder if we are going to make a play on one of the SJ forwards... I mean talk about playoff experience there!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Ya, I guess this does help our lineup, and we still have a 1st, a third, and now we have a second... and its not like we are hurting for depth right now. I guess we are just in the buyers club now.

you can see it now stevie is building around his core players now getting what he needs

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Wow, I wake up to this?

Kinda steep indeed, mostly because I think there were other options available.

I've seen a bit of Coburn during the playoffs and he has done fine but not enough to make a comment really.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Calling it now: Gudas injures someone on our roster next year.

Houdas

Mining the Lightning
Aug 17, 2014
Prague/Ostrava
Damn, Radko got me into being a lightning fan. This move really makes me sad. This has to result to Stanley Cup otherwise I won't be able to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad