Proposal: PHI/EDM

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
He has a NMC for the 1st 3 years...so yeah....Hayes will be protected.

Anyone watching Flyers/Leafs tonight? Ghost looking great again. Sometimes usage and confidence matters.

So he has an NTC right now that becomes an NMC the last 3 years correct? The expansion draft is slotted to be in June 2021 still correct? That would mean that Hayes is still in the second year of this contract and would have an NTC not an NMC I believe. This he wouldn't have to be protected. Am I missing something?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So he has an NTC right now that becomes an NMC the last 3 years correct? The expansion draft is slotted to be in June 2021 still correct? That would mean that Hayes is still in the second year of this contract and would have an NTC not an NMC I believe. This he wouldn't have to be protected. Am I missing something?
the opposite.

He has a NMC for the FIRST 3 years....then in year 4-7 it's a limited NTC where he can submit a list of 12 teams not to trade to.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Also, guys like Farabee and Frost would not have completed their 2nd full pro season (it's technically not the start of their 3rd pro season until July 1st, 2021) and would be exempt from the draft.

That's how I read it

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
the opposite.

He has a NMC for the FIRST 3 years....then in year 4-7 it's a limited NTC where he can submit a list of 12 teams not to trade to.

Olay, I THOUGHT it was the other way around with a NMC to start

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Also, guys like Farabee and Frost would not have completed their 2nd full pro season (it's technically not the start of their 3rd pro season until July 1st, 2021) and would be exempt from the draft.

That's how I read it
correct.

But we still will be going 7-3 and that was the point to the person who said we could go 4-4 if we traded for Klefbom.

Couturier, Giroux, Hayes, Konecny, Lindblom, Patrick(assuming he recovers), Voracek
Provy, Sanheim, Myers or Ghost
Hart

If we went 4-4, it means losing one of Lindblom/Patrick/Voracek. I do think we trade Ghost before the ED to a team with an open spot....or bribe Seattle to avoid a Dman and just take JVR. Some will depend on how the development of the next wave of young D goes with Hogberg, York, Kalynuk, etc...

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
correct.

But we still will be going 7-3 and that was the point to the person who said we could go 4-4 if we traded for Klefbom.

Couturier, Giroux, Hayes, Konecny, Lindblom, Patrick(assuming he recovers), Voracek
Provy, Sanheim, Myers or Ghost
Hart

If we went 4-4, it means losing one of Lindblom/Patrick/Voracek. I do think we trade Ghost before the ED to a team with an open spot....or bribe Seattle to avoid a Dman and just take JVR. Some will depend on how the development of the next wave of young D goes with Hogberg, York, Kalynuk, etc...
Yes, that is how I see us approaching the entry draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad