Proposal: PHI/EDM

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Pass. The Oilers have Klefbom and Nurse projecting to be 50+ point dmen on the left side.
I think Bear will get up to 40 by the end of the season too

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Pass. The Oilers have Klefbom and Nurse projecting to be 50+ point dmen on the left side.
I think Bear will get up to 40 by the end of the season too
Bear is literally on pace for like 24 points, figured I should throw that in the

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Bear is literally on pace for like 24 points, figured I should throw that in the
Bear's calling card through juniors has been his effectiveness on the PP and the Oilers have kept him off of it so far. He will easily be scoring 40pts once he gets PP time.

Reactions: Homesick

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Larson and puljujarvi for ghost

Cap neutral and the chance ghost gets his confidence back is offset by the upside of poolparty. I don't lnow what philly would do with another rd but im sick of bad value ghost proposals

A team with Klefbom, Nurse needs Ghost? Not to mention they have Broberg waiting in the wings.

your premise makes no sense.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Well...he had his fantastic rookie year and his 65 point season, while on the right side. It's why many didn't like the Braun trade because they wanted Ghost used with Provy again on the top unit....where they have a a 71.43 CF% this year.

Reality is, Ghost has been good/fine this year when not paired with Braun....but that is who he has been stapled to.

And note, his time with Provy, Hagg and Sanheim.....Ghost was playing the right side.

PlayerPlayer 2GPTOICFCACF%
Shayne GostisbehereIvan Provorov2217.01667251071.43
Shayne GostisbeherePhilippe Myers1013.3511857.89
Shayne GostisbehereRobert Hagg12108.083310810251.43
Shayne GostisbehereTravis Sanheim2224.81667201951.28
Shayne GostisbehereSamuel Morin112.23333121642.86
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Justin BraunShayne Gostisbehere22126.48339611345.93
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Edit: Ghost-Niskanen : 57.14% CF, 18.22 TOI
Wait...you like corsi now?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Every year ghost was in the league he would’ve led your defence in scoring... minus last year where he had 4 less points than nurse with 4 less games played
Theres more to defense than just points. His one 60+ point season one could overlook all of his other defincientcies(Like Jake Gardiner)
Hes just not a fit and the price is way to high for his "ceiling"

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Theres more to defense than just points. His one 60+ point season one could overlook all of his other defincientcies(Like Jake Gardiner)
Hes just not a fit and the price is way to high for his "ceiling"
Ghost also hasn’t been on the ice for a goal against in his last 6 games played tho??

Reactions: Tripod

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Every year ghost was in the league he would’ve led your defence in scoring... minus last year where he had 4 less points than nurse with 4 less games played
There is always that one yuppie running his mouth... I am not worried about Gost. I am worried about our veterans playing better hockey. Worried about PP creativity. We do not have to rely on Gost as heavy as we used to do.. we have Provorov Sanheim Myers Niskanen..

plus 2 excellent kids are in progress...

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
There is always that one yuppie running his mouth... I am not worried about Gost. I am worried about our veterans playing better hockey. Worried about PP creativity. We do not have to rely on Gost as heavy as we used to do.. we have Provorov Sanheim Myers Niskanen..

plus 2 excellent kids are in progress...
I think overall since he’s been back he’s been playing good hockey anyway, he’s only had one bad play where the puck bounced over his stick and nothing came of it, I think keeping him would be much greater than trading

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Puljujarvi and Larsson for Ghost and Laughton
I know the Gostisbehere fans are going to hate what I'm about to say here, but I think Scotty Laughton is more valuable to the Flyers. Laughton is going to have a very good season, now that he's finally healthy enough. Laughton understands what the coaching staff expect from him, and he'll shine under AV's rule. As AV would put it, Scott Laughton will have plenty in the bank.
Gostisbehere has been spoiled by the praise of his former coaches, and it seems as though he expects praise from AV without adjusting his game. I like that he has become a probable "healthy scratch" with each game, maybe he'll work harder and within the plans of AV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad