Proposal: PHI/EDM

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Larson and puljujarvi for ghost

Cap neutral and the chance ghost gets his confidence back is offset by the upside of poolparty. I don't lnow what philly would do with another rd but im sick of bad value ghost proposals

As Flyer fan I would do this deal but the ghost lovers I am guessing wouldn't.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I’d be fine with it, but ghost and his contract have shown soooo much promise that it would hurt to lose him.

I can only imagine how many points Ghost would get with Drai and McDavid. He’s already an offensive catalyst with a great shot.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
How is Ghost on the right side? With Klefbom and Nurse on the left it seems like a waste to have one of the three on the third pair where we’re already stuck with Russell.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I actually like this from both sides. maybe a small add from the flyers like a conditional pick if JP blows up

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
How is Ghost on the right side? With Klefbom and Nurse on the left it seems like a waste to have one of the three on the third pair where we’re already stuck with Russell.
Well...he had his fantastic rookie year and his 65 point season, while on the right side. It's why many didn't like the Braun trade because they wanted Ghost used with Provy again on the top unit....where they have a a 71.43 CF% this year.

Reality is, Ghost has been good/fine this year when not paired with Braun....but that is who he has been stapled to.

And note, his time with Provy, Hagg and Sanheim.....Ghost was playing the right side.

PlayerPlayer 2GPTOICFCACF%
Shayne GostisbehereIvan Provorov2217.01667251071.43
Shayne GostisbeherePhilippe Myers1013.3511857.89
Shayne GostisbehereRobert Hagg12108.083310810251.43
Shayne GostisbehereTravis Sanheim2224.81667201951.28
Shayne GostisbehereSamuel Morin112.23333121642.86
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Justin BraunShayne Gostisbehere22126.48339611345.93
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Edit: Ghost-Niskanen : 57.14% CF, 18.22 TOI

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well...he had his fantastic rookie year and his 65 point season, while on the right side. It's why many didn't like the Braun trade because they wanted Ghost used with Provy again on the top unit....where they have a a 71.43 CF% this year.

Reality is, Ghost has been good/fine this year when not paired with Braun....but that is who he has been stapled to.

And note, his time with Provy, Hagg and Sanheim.....Ghost was playing the right side.

PlayerPlayer 2GPTOICFCACF%
Shayne GostisbehereIvan Provorov2217.01667251071.43
Shayne GostisbeherePhilippe Myers1013.3511857.89
Shayne GostisbehereRobert Hagg12108.083310810251.43
Shayne GostisbehereTravis Sanheim2224.81667201951.28
Shayne GostisbehereSamuel Morin112.23333121642.86
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Justin BraunShayne Gostisbehere22126.48339611345.93
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Thanks.

Klefbom has never had a good puck moving partner, and with Nurse and Bear forming a solid pairing he’s largely been stuck with Russell, rookies, and a rusty Adam Larsson.

I would probably make this deal. Or the one suggested above me.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Thanks.

Klefbom has never had a good puck moving partner, and with Nurse and Bear forming a solid pairing he’s largely been stuck with Russell, rookies, and a rusty Adam Larsson.

I would probably make this deal. Or the one suggested above me.
To me...it just makes no sense to trade him. The upside in keeping him and playing him properly out weight the trade scenarios.

Like the offer of Larsson/PoolParty is fine...but we have Niskanen, Myers, and Braun as our RHD. So adding a RHD is not a NEED. And at RW, we have Konecny, Voracek and Farabee...so again, no NEED.

Whereas keeping Ghost means we keep his upside, he should be playing over Hagg of course, and when an injury occur to either side Dman, we have someone who can move over if need be.

I think Ghost is moved but I think it will be an offseason move because then Friedman, Kalynuk, Zamula, maybe York are all options to replace him on the roster.

Edit: Ghost-Niskanen : 57.14% CF, 18.22 TOI...so again, Ghost playing fine with everyone but Braun.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
To me...it just makes no sense to trade him. The upside in keeping him and playing him properly out weight the trade scenarios.

Like the offer of Larsson/PoolParty is fine...but we have Niskanen, Myers, and Braun as our RHD. So adding a RHD is not a NEED. And at RW, we have Konecny, Voracek and Farabee...so again, no NEED.

Whereas keeping Ghost means we keep his upside, he should be playing over Hagg of course, and when an injury occur to either side Dman, we have someone who can move over if need be.

I think Ghost is moved but I think it will be an offseason move because then Friedman, Kalynuk, Zamula, maybe York are all options to replace him on the roster.

I’m not sold we would be willing to make this move come the offseason. With Broberg in the system (can play either side), Bear, Benning and Persson all capable of nhl minutes on the right side, and Bouchard and Berglund in the system on the right side (along with Day, Kemp, and Kesselring) our puckmoving RHD need isn’t what it was. I’d do it today because those guys aren’t ready, but it’ll be a different story this time next year.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I’m not sold we would be willing to make this move come the offseason. With Broberg in the system (can play either side), Bear, Benning and Persson all capable of nhl minutes on the right side, and Bouchard and Berglund in the system on the right side (along with Day, Kemp, and Kesselring) our puckmoving RHD need isn’t what it was. I’d do it today because those guys aren’t ready, but it’ll be a different story this time next year.

If we are set on the right side next year and moving forward, Ghostbear could play on the left side.. meaning a LHD trade next year would be in the cards.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
And likewise, the Flyers don't need a RHD this year or a RW now or in the future....so it's not a good match at all.

JBear

Mar 26, 2014
No to trading for Dmen. We'll need to trade away a Dman (Russell or Benning) to make room for a prospect next year. What the Oilers get in return depends on how their bottom six perform the rest of this season and playoffs.

That being said, Klef for Ghost + top tier forward prospect?

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Doesnt really fill a need for the Oilers. Decent value I guess but Oilers need scoring wingers and a #3C so if we do a deal, thats where it’ll go.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
No to trading for Dmen. We'll need to trade away a Dman (Russell or Benning) to make room for a prospect next year. What the Oilers get in return depends on how their bottom six perform the rest of this season and playoffs.

That being said, Klef for Ghost + top tier forward prospect?

Klefbom is a great player but injury history should make flyer too nervous to do that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad