Proposal: PHI/EDM

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Poolparty is negative value at this point. He's out of the league and has had his work ethic/commitment questioned almost from day one. As someone old enough to remember Alexi Yashin, I want no part of this guy.

Larrson is an okay middle defender who only has one more year on his contract. Some value, but for a "right now" play. He's also a RHD and we are pretty flush there right now.

Klefblom is ok and a lefty, but has a NTC kicking in just in time for the expansion draft. We're already up against the number of dmen we can protect - no way I want to be forced to expose Myers, Provorov or Sanheim to protect Klef.

So, I dont see value in trading Ghost (at a low value point) for Poolparty & one of these defensemen. I think we can get a lot more value in another trade.

With that said, I would not be adverse to moving Laughton + Braun for Klefblom.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Poolparty is negative value at this point. He's out of the league and has had his work ethic/commitment questioned almost from day one. As someone old enough to remember Alexi Yashin, I want no part of this guy.

Larrson is an okay middle defender who only has one more year on his contract. Some value, but for a "right now" play. He's also a RHD and we are pretty flush there right now.

Klefblom is ok and a lefty, but has a NTC kicking in just in time for the expansion draft. We're already up against the number of dmen we can protect - no way I want to be forced to expose Myers, Provorov or Sanheim to protect Klef.

So, I dont see value in trading Ghost (at a low value point) for Poolparty & one of these defensemen. I think we can get a lot more value in another trade.

No he isn't. What a terrible take.

Klefbom is ok.. wow you're really not a fan of Edmonton's players, are you? Also It's Klefbom, not Klefblom.

lol How big of you.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW

Klefbom is ok.. wow you're really not a fan of Edmonton's players, are you? Also It's Klefbom, not Klefblom.

lol How big of you.

So enlighten me then: what is the objective value of Jess P? Is it a #1? Or closer to a late second or #3? Recognizing of course that he cannot lay at all this year, so anything given up for him is in the HOPE that he comes back. Would a team that is planning for the playoffs this season trade a current asset for someone who will not play at all? That kinda seems like subtraction, or a negative, doesnt it?

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

lol How big of you.

1) Klefbom if he has to be kept the Flyers would not want any part of. Flyers are forfeiting Myers in this scenerio and they won't do that. 2) i am asking as I don't watch EdM games of a daily basis I freely admit this. But if Edmonton is so improved how is he -11?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Lol Laughton and Braun for Klefbom. How about Chiasson and Larsson for Couturier there champ.

Reactions: Navx94 and TFHockey

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
1) Klefbom if he has to be kept the Flyers would not want any part of. Flyers are forfeiting Myers in this scenerio and they won't do that. 2) i am asking as I don't watch EdM games of a daily basis I freely admit this. But if Edmonton is so improved how is he -11?

because he plays literally half the game and our bottom two lines are terrible.

plus minus is a dumb stat heavily reliant on goaltending that can change quickly. He was -5 a week ago. A couple bad games by Smith and it nosedives.

Klefbom is easily our best defenceman. A third liner like Laughton and a 32 year old throw in like Braun is a truly terrible offer.

Reactions: TFHockey

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
because he plays literally half the game and our bottom two lines are terrible.

plus minus is a dumb stat heavily reliant on goaltending that can change quickly. He was -5 a week ago. A couple bad games by Smith and it nosedives.

Klefbom is easily our best defenceman. A third liner like Laughton and a 32 year old throw in like Braun is a truly terrible offer.

Laughton and Braun is weak offer. No arguments. Also because to NTC Flyers would be the wrong team to trade Klef to.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Laughton and Braun is weak offer. No arguments. Also because to NTC Flyers would be the wrong team to trade Klef to.

Maybe, but trust me, Klefbom is a guy you’d want to protect anyway. If you could get Klef for that little you protect 4-4-1 and run away laughing.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Maybe, but trust me, Klefbom is a guy you’d want to protect anyway. If you could get Klef for that little you protect 4-4-1 and run away laughing.

Flyers no shot of 4-4-1 due to no trade clause on Hayes. Meaning if you keep Hayes, Konecky, Giroux, and Couturier, you expose Oscar Lindblom.

Reactions: Tripod

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
so glad you’ve found a little joy in your life. Happy to grant you this gift

now tell me again why the original post wasn’t
a joke? Or shall we continue to serve up self serving exchanges?

a Flyer fan made the original post. You responded to a post from a Flyer fan with one of the worst trade offers I’ve ever seen. :laugh:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
So enlighten me then: what is the objective value of Jess P? Is it a #1? Or closer to a late second or #3? Recognizing of course that he cannot lay at all this year, so anything given up for him is in the HOPE that he comes back. Would a team that is planning for the playoffs this season trade a current asset for someone who will not play at all? That kinda seems like subtraction, or a negative, doesnt it?

When you say a player has a negative value you're saying a team has to add to him to get rid of him. Eg: Marleau + conditional 1st + conditional 7th for the Hurricanes 6th.

I don't think the Oilers can expect a 1st for Jesse at this point. However there is no reason to think he'll never come back to the NHL again. We just know he won't come back to the Oilers. That's why he requested a trade; he wanted to play in the NHL. When the Oilers couldn't get what they wanted for him Puljujarvi stayed in Europe.

That isn't a negative asset by any means. There's a NHL player there.

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
No interest in Gostisbehere at all.

Last thing the Oilers need is a undersized left shot d-man.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He has a NMC for the 1st 3 years...so yeah....Hayes will be protected.

Anyone watching Flyers/Leafs tonight? Ghost looking great again. Sometimes usage and confidence matters.
Then the poster should specify that.

Theres a difference between a NMC and a NTC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad