Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Derick Brassard signs with the Flyers (1 year, $825k)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I had no idea he was on the Yotes last year. Had a good year with the Isles and then went to disappear in Arizona.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morrison

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Probably the last thing he wants to do.

Can work both ways. Hockey can take your mind off of things, but if he struggles it makes life much worse on top of what he's already dealing with in his personal life.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
For anyone curious as to what the Flyers will look like, see below.

Frost is probably either 3C or AHL bound.

Cam York and Egor Zamula are AHL bound unless there are injuries on D in camp.

The LW's behind Giroux are interchangeable. The top 3 RW's are also interchangeable.

Bottom 6 C depth is going to be a problem for them unless Frost is a revelation. They do have the option of moving Giroux or Laughton to C though if the problem becomes too big to ignore.

They'll need big turn-arounds from too many players to have any idea as to whether this team is going to be good or bad.

They only have cap space for a 22 man roster.

Philadelphia Flyers Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

GirouxCouturierKonecny
JVRHayesFarabee
LaughtonFrost/BrassardAtkinson
LindblomBrassard/ThompsonAllison
Aube-Kubel
ProvorovEllis
SanheimRistolainen
YandleBraun
Morin
Hart
Jones
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: HockeyWooot

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
Probably for depth incase Hayes isn't ready to go come October. If I were Hayes i'd contemplate taking the season off.
I was thinking Fletcher made this signing to help Hayes out with his loss. Brassard and Hayes seemed pretty tight on the Rangers. If so, classy move by Fletcher

Reactions: Limeyjim

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
That Brassard-Zib deal turned out to be something..
There have been worse deals; at least the Senators reclaimed some value for Brassard.
They have Bernard-Docker and Filip Gustavsson in the system.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
There have been worse deals; at least the Senators reclaimed some value for Brassard.
They have Bernard-Docker and Filip Gustavsson in the system.
Sure. Wasn't really a shot, teams make good and bad trades all the time. Just wondering what Ottawa was thinking making that trade. Although I guess they were in more of a win now window.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Better at LW than center at this stage. Replacement level bottom six player who goes huge stretches being completely anonymous between short hot streaks looking like a decent middle six vet but that’s still better than some of the junk the Flyers had to trot out last year or ruining a prospect who isn’t ready yet.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Sure. Wasn't really a shot, teams make good and bad trades all the time. Just wondering what Ottawa was thinking making that trade. Although I guess they were in more of a win now window.
Yeah they did make the ECFs and lost in 7 games to Pittsburgh. That team was everyone's darling.

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
Does Chuck Fletcher not know there is a salary cap? Isn't a bad deal at all, but I though the Flyers were already over the cap.
Signing brassard doesn't make their cap situation much worse or better. In fact, this will help their cap if it means Brassard replaces someone with > 825K AAV.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Can work both ways. Hockey can take your mind off of things, but if he struggles it makes life much worse on top of what he's already dealing with in his personal life.

I sympathize heavily with his loss. But I hope he doesn't think like this. Anyone else loses their brother they are back at work sometimes within days. Imagine taking off an entire season for something that happened 2 months before. He will not be over it by then, not by a long shot. But neither are most people.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $685.00