Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc. (Autumn edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It'd be an upset if Provorov doesn't lead the league in points and +/- for defensemen by the end of the year.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Only competitor is that Sanheim fella.

Calgary doesn't have the firepower that Brandon has. Sanheim's had to play his ass of to get 12 in 8. Provorov wasn't that great the first 2 weeks of the season and still has 13 in 8.

Brandon led the league in goals by a mile last year and they are well ahead of that pace this year.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Calgary doesn't have the firepower that Brandon has. Sanheim's had to play his ass of to get 12 in 8. Provorov wasn't that great the first 2 weeks of the season and still has 13 in 8.

Brandon led the league in goals by a mile last year and they are well ahead of that pace this year.

Agreed on all points. I don't see how Sanheim can stay with Provorov. Calgary is quite weak up front in the goal scoring department and Brandon is loaded. Don't be deceived by the raw stats.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Gastabar-Ghostisbehere are going to be a dynamic PP pairing in the future!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He was one of the faster players in the WHL last year. Kelowna had set plays for him on faceoffs in their own zone to set him up for breakaway attempts.

He can play on the PP too. He's a pretty good net front presence. Nice set of hands in tight. He wasn't worth a third round pick but that's not really his fault & shouldn't take away from his abilities along with being a noted fighter. He's a solid player.

He can skate, back check, play the PK, screen in front of the net, "nice set of hands in tight." Who does that sound like on the current Flyer's roster? And I'd say we'd be happy to get a player like that in the 3rd round - that's where you draft your 3rd and 4th line players.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He can skate, back check, play the PK, screen in front of the net, "nice set of hands in tight." Who does that sound like on the current Flyer's roster? And I'd say we'd be happy to get a player like that in the 3rd round - that's where you draft your 3rd and 4th line players.

I like Goulbourne but I still don't think it's a good practice of trying to get on base with a pick that early. You typically still have players with good upside left on the board in the third round. You want to do it from the fourth round & on with a player or two I couldn't care less (Flyers essentially did that with Dove-McFalls this past draft).

It's not his problem & I won't hold it against him like I said though.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I like Goulbourne but I still don't think it's a good practice of trying to get on base with a pick that early. You typically still have players with good upside left on the board in the third round. You want to do it from the fourth round & on with a player or two I couldn't care less (Flyers essentially did that with Dove-McFalls this past draft).

It's not his problem & I won't hold it against him like I said though.

Thank you for bringing this brand new perspective up for discussion. I am looking at Goulbourne in a whole new light.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Thank you for bringing this brand new perspective up for discussion. I am looking at Goulbourne in a whole new light.

He's a solid player. Homer did him a disservice by comparing him to Rinaldo. I don't know if he was doing so with the delusion of Rinaldo evolving into a well rounded player like many others in the organization for some reason had over the years.

Goulbourne's more like the player they hoped Rinaldo would turn into & the player Ryan White showed he could be last year. He's just a better well rounded player with intelligence & discipline which is the complete opposite of Rinaldo.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
2 of their goals were just as PP's expired so that stat is misleading.

The stat was actually pretty telling based on what actually happened on the ice. The PP was terrible. I don't even think they even got a shot on goal when they had a 5 on 3 for nearly 2 minutes.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
No Hagg, AMac, or Martel for the Phantoms today. Petterson and Lashoff will dress. Only 11 F's and 6 D.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Turnover to Rosehill who makes a good backhand move for a goal.

Edit: Srraka just fought after Cousins took a dirty elbow. 2/3's of the way to a Gordie Howe.

PP goal Tim Brent.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
No Hagg, AMac, or Martel for the Phantoms today. Petterson and Lashoff will dress. Only 11 F's and 6 D.

And Colin McDonald is out after getting hurt in the first game. Good thing they have a week off after today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad