Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He's probably still hurt, that injury looked bad, and the medical staff cleared him because this franchise never learns.
But even if that's true then it's the same organization that chose to not call him up, so in their eyes he's a viable option... they just didn't pick him.

Reactions: Person101

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He's probably still hurt, that injury looked bad, and the medical staff cleared him because this franchise never learns.

I said TK should be shut down for the season after his concussion, but the Flyers let him play. :(

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
So if frozen four is cancelled, does this mean its easier to sign our college boys now?
Nothing official. Basketball cancelled their conference tournaments and the national tournament seems to be in doubt.

The uncertainty with the NHL season throws a wrench in as well. Can’t imagine anyone is eager to sign contracts right now. Or even capable with the suspension.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Thinking of splurging for a 1 month subscription for one of:
WHL Live
OHL Live
or
QMJHL Live

I’m going to need my hockey fix and I’m not sure which one I should choose. Which one should I choose? Any and all replies are welcome & appreciated!

*I’m buying one of these for past games....obviously*

*2020 draft eligibles are who I wanna focus on primarily. Of course, I’m still down for watching Flyers prospects too*

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Thinking of splurging for a 1 month subscription for one of:
WHL Live
OHL Live
or
QMJHL Live

I’m going to need my hockey fix and I’m not sure which one I should choose. Which one should I choose? Any and all replies are welcome & appreciated!

*I’m buying one of these for past games....obviously*

*2020 draft eligibles are who I wanna focus on primarily. Of course, I’m still down for watching Flyers prospects too*
If prospects are what you are looking for, all three leagues have interesting guys, but the OHL has the quality and quantity edge compared to the other two leagues, like most years.

Reactions: TB87

TB87

May 30, 2018
If prospects are what you are looking for, all three leagues have interesting guys, but the OHL has the quality and quantity edge compared to the other two leagues, like most years.

Word. Was leaning toward getting the OHL monthly subscription. It’d give me access to Mason Millman’s games. As a member of the Millmen, I am excited to be able to watch a bunch of his games. Saginaw’s games tend to be high scoring too so entertainment value should be high.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Nothing official. Basketball cancelled their conference tournaments and the national tournament seems to be in doubt.

The uncertainty with the NHL season throws a wrench in as well. Can’t imagine anyone is eager to sign contracts right now. Or even capable with the suspension.
They cancelled the winter and spring championships, so they should be free to sign whenever. Sucks for the seniors.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t really see the point of guys signing right now with the uncertainty of whether you’re going to play or not in the AHL or NHL this year going forward at this point.

Your signing bonus shouldn’t be effected one way or another between now & going forward without playing that’s your only way of getting some additional payment.

For a guy like Laczynski this situation especially if they never resume play unfortunately might give even more reason to wait until that August 15th date to turn UFA.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Hey guys and gals.

On the Athletic, Pronman has Wyatt Kalynuk as a potential college free agent.

He's a junior at Wisconsin, drafted in 2017 (so only 3 years post draft). By my calculations, his only options are to sign with the Flyers or go back to Wisconsin for his senior year. Lebrun and others say the Flyers are confident they will sign him.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, in a worst case scenario and he doesn't sign, I don't think he can become a free agent until 2021 and would have to play another year at Wisconsin before opting for free agency?

Edit: Nevermind, I answered my own question, because he was drafted at a later age, he could opt out after 3 years, or could go back to Wisconsin, or could sign with Philadelphia. He's already 4 years post his initial draft year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TB87

May 30, 2018
In his latest piece, Isaac got some comments from Flahr on Serdyuk, Lycksell, Westfalt, & Ginning.

The blurb below about Ginning comes across like: “He needs to get faster, his puck skills need work, and his pace of play needs lots of work too but have you seen the size of this lad?

F42FD69E-E90B-4A89-8F30-5217EA740798.jpeg

If he was a solid defense-first defenseman who could regularly complete routine and (at least) partially difficult passes....I’d totally be on board with the team seemingly wanting to sign him and bring him to NA.

Thing is, that isn’t Ginning. Could it be Ginning in a few years? I’m not confident about that. When tiny glimmers of a whisper of a flash are all that’s been shown since being drafted....

The “He’s big so we’ll set aside all the time in the world for him to fix his numerous flaws” seems like an excuse to just kick the can down the road. Size IS helpful if you can think the game well in order to also take advantage of your physical gifts. When you show you can’t read the game and/or think fast, it mutes your ability to play fast, & on & on the vicious cycle goes.

Where is the open spot for him at the NHL level over any of York, Zamula, Wylie, Friedman, etc?

I’m befuddled

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
In his latest piece, Isaac got some comments from Flahr on Serdyuk, Lycksell, Westfalt, & Ginning.

The blurb below about Ginning comes across like: “He needs to get faster, his puck skills need work, and his pace of play needs lots of work too but have you seen the size of this lad?

View attachment 336337

If he was a solid defense-first defenseman who could regularly complete routine and (at least) partially difficult passes....I’d totally be on board with the team seemingly wanting to sign him and bring him to NA.

Thing is, that isn’t Ginning. Could it be Ginning in a few years? I’m not confident about that. When tiny glimmers of a whisper of a flash are all that’s been shown since being drafted....

The “He’s big so we’ll set aside all the time in the world for him to fix his numerous flaws” seems like an excuse to just kick the can down the road. Size IS helpful if you can think the game well in order to also take advantage of your physical gifts. When you show you can’t read the game and/or think fast, it mutes your ability to play fast, & on & on the vicious cycle goes.

Where is the open spot for him at the NHL level over any of York, Zamula, Wylie, Friedman, etc?

I’m befuddled

“Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?”

Listen. You can’t have an entire defense of smurf puck movers, Ted. I know that’s what you types want, but it doesn’t work. You need guys like Ginning to win in the trenches. With his experience at the professional and international level, and the intangibles he brings, the sooner he is in the system the better. When you combine his level of physical maturity and experience with his lack of any sort of hockey ability, there’s upside there with time. I’ve even been told he can play both sides equally.

TB87

May 30, 2018
“Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?”

Listen. You can’t have an entire defense of smurf puck movers, Ted. I know that’s what you types want, but it doesn’t work. You need guys like Ginning to win in the trenches. With his experience at the professional and international level, and the intangibles he brings, the sooner he is in the system the better. When you combine his level of physical maturity and experience with his lack of any sort of hockey ability, there’s upside there with time. I’ve even been told he can play both sides equally.

E2C1C4E1-64A3-4F7A-BC64-4DC1105AA4C8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad