Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Frk ripped one short side on one of our goalies, was that this year or last ?

NHL Xm had a but on what rookies to watch in AHL game, they listed 4 but left out our boy :(

Hope hes recalled before Friday

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Laczynski and Allison close to pushing our NHL roster? I dont know much about them.

Laczynski is NHL-ready right now. Allison has missed a lot of playing time the past few seasons. I’d expect Allison to start off his pro career in Lehigh Valley.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Ugh, Ted. This new name ... this new name is going to take some getting used to. /single tear

Reactions: kudymen

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
So according to cap friendly we currently have 48 players under Flyer contracts . We have two contracts left for this year to hit max , who do you think they will sign out of the Euros , College kids or CHL kids remaining if they decide two use those two spots up this year ?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So according to cap friendly we currently have 48 players under Flyer contracts . We have two contracts left for this year to hit max , who do you think they will sign out of the Euros , College kids or CHL kids remaining if they decide two use those two spots up this year ?

Probably the college kids (Laczynski, Kalynuk, or Allison) if need be. I’d imagine with Laczynski they’ll very likely have to burn his contract this year to get his signature.

We knew the Flyers offered the three mentioned above contracts last year. I don’t know what they think of Hogberg & Wylie. But these guys & anybody else they sign are probably PTO’s in the AHL to finish the year.

TB87

May 30, 2018
Doc Holliday died of tuberculosis (TB) in the year 1887. “TB87” is a nice historical touch, as I’m sure was your intention.

Doc Holliday: Gambler, gunfighter, & dentist. The alpha-male trifecta!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Marshall’s football head coach is named John “Doc” Holliday.

I’m glad his parents had the wherewithal to take advantage of their last name when having a son.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
I'm going to need a new name one of these days. Fizzle, Whizzle, Sizzle, something like that.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Will he join the Flyers after his college season is over (Laczynski) ? If so, where would you guys slot him in the line up.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He'll slot in to Chicago's third line

giphy.gif

TB87

May 30, 2018
Will he join the Flyers after his college season is over (Laczynski) ? If so, where would you guys slot him in the line up.

Somewhere in the bottom six seems likely

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Laczynski signs, his probable slot will be 3RW, with NAK/Pitlick as 4RW.
Of course, if NAK continues to play well, Laczynski may not see a lot of ice time.

Not sure Laczynski has the speed and defensive chops for center in AV's scheme.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
MELTZER: Flahr on the Farm - Part 1

Vorobyev's "been the Phantoms best forward for much of season, as Gordo [head coach Scott Gordon] would attest. He plays in every situation for the Phantoms, and he's done well pretty consistently for them. Misha hasn't played his best hockey consistently enough when he's up here with the Flyers. That can be hard when you aren't getting a lot of ice time. There's been a few games up here where Misha has been on the right track, but it needs to be more consistent. He has earned his callups to the Flyers with his play in Lehigh. If he can bring the game he's shown for the Phantoms to the NHL level, he's got the tools [to find a spot]," Flahr said.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Prpoblem for Vorobyev is he may just be the hockey equivalent of a AAAA player in baseball, good enough to dominate in the minors but not talented enough for the NHL. He's got a man's body, he's 23, it's not like there's a lot of upside left. It's not like Bunnaman has played a lot better at 4C, but Bunnaman is the same size, faster and younger (15 months). Bunnaman doesn't have Vorobyev's play making skills, but is a better fit at 4C.

He kind of reminds me of Cousins/Weal, who weren't suited to 4th line duties but really weren't talented to stick in the top 9. Both have found a home in Montreal, but I wouldn't bet on their career longevity.

Reactions: KrazyKat

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Flahr's comment on Frost applies to most talented junior players making the transition to the pro game:

"But there's a lot of things he could get away with in junior hockey because his skill level was so high that he has move away from in the pro game."
"Like most young players, Morgan is still trying to find out what works for him at this level with and without the puck. I think his instincts are very good, but it's a matter of making the transition fully to the pro level and having the confidence to make plays without taking excessive risks or getting too conservative. For a lot of kids, including Morgan, that's a work in progress." Flahr said.

Certainly saw that with TK, who has said he came into this year focused on playing a complete game and is also a lot stronger at 22 than he was at 19. And the difference is obvious, he's now our second best forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad