Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Bigras.
Hickey.
Heatherington.

Markus Phillips last year made it over some pretty good players and he's in the ECHL this year.

That also reminds me. Josh Brook. Didn't someone rank him as a top 10 prospect in hockey? Yikes. Not looking good.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Bigras.
Hickey.
Heatherington.

Markus Phillips last year made it over some pretty good players and he's in the ECHL this year.

That also reminds me. Josh Brook. Didn't someone rank him as a top 10 prospect in hockey? Yikes. Not looking good.

That reminds me of a fun story. My friend Josh Brooks pretended he played ice and roller hockey while I was at school (age ~12-13 or so) with me to impress me... I knew he did not but kind of humoured him.

We are great friends to this very day. He routinely helps gets me into trouble when we are together... :laugh: he would say I get him into trouble...

Reactions: FLYguy3911

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hockey Canada is amazing. Get the biggest and best talent pool year after year and somehow seem to get the least out of it. What an underwhelming roster. Where is the skill?

No Perfetti, Newhook, Holloway, or Harley? Woof.

You’re now hoping some of these guys get released that are with NHL clubs to rectify some of these mistakes.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I didn’t see Harley wasn’t being taken (along with Newhook). But Bahl and Addison especially, with an out of the blue 17 year old Drysdale, McIsaac off shoulder injury......dumbfounding. Harley is the 2nd or 3rd best Canadian defenseman and has another year of eligibility. Handedness matters even less on big ice.

Harley was born and raised in Syracuse. Should’ve chosen the Stars and Stripes, bud. Thank the lord we have been spared from watching any Canadian Flyers prospects get butchered this year. USA USA USA! Cork and Binksy!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
They didn't even invite Tomasino to camp! Not a coincidence him, Harley, and Newhook were also left off of the Hlinka team last year. Their loyalty to the "Program of Excellence" runs deep.

Not like USA isn't known for their annual stupidity...waiting for the Bobby cut. :sarcasm:

Now it's switching in the middle of your posts. It's so weird.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Not like USA isn't known for their annual stupidity...waiting for the Bobby cut. :sarcasm:

*FROM THE STATE OF MINNESOTA
*PLAYED IN THE USHL
*U-18 STANDOUT
*NCHC

tenor.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Glad I can finally hardcore root against Canada this year.

No offense to any Canadians on here, but 1) Team Canada is run by idiots, and 2) the main board posters deserve sadness. With no Flyers prospects on TC we can now hardcore root for Team USA.

patrio.png

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Not as good as My Boi™ Mason Millman, that's for ****ing sure.

In case you didn't notice, Milly has missed the last two games for a suspension from the hit that caused his first-ever Junior fight versus Sarnia. It was TBA suspension, and this afternoon they just released he will miss two more games.

I thought at the time of the incident to have a game misconduct was a little much, and now a four-game suspension?! Pretty harsh if you ask me.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They didn't even invite Tomasino to camp! Not a coincidence him, Harley, and Newhook were also left off of the Hlinka team last year. Their loyalty to the "Program of Excellence" runs deep.

I feel USA Hockey has been better as of late but perhaps that’s just improved depth that safeguards them from really impactful poor roster decisions like Kyle Connor years ago. Like they cut DeBrincat as a returnee but that was same year they won gold & probably had one of their best rosters on paper in recent years.

I would have still taken Boldy this year over the lower lineup guys given his natural talent in a short tournament situation but it’s not like a huge sticking point given the season he’s had.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I feel USA Hockey has been better as of late but perhaps that’s just improved depth that safeguards them from really impactful poor roster decisions like Kyle Connor years ago. Like they cut DeBrincat as a returnee but that was same year they won gold & probably had one of their best rosters on paper in recent years.

I would have still taken Boldy this year over the lower lineup guys given his natural talent in a short tournament situation but it’s not like a huge sticking point given the season he’s had.
Yeah you're probably right from a roster perspective, but just last year I'm thinking about Phil Kemp playing on the top pair with Quinn Hughes. I didn't think St. Ivany deserved to be more than a 6/7 but he's a better player than Kemp. Mikey Anderson got overused too. York probably should have been on the team last year. That was a historic u18 team and the only guy to make the team was the consensus 1OA pick?

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Glad I can finally hardcore root against Canada this year.

No offense to any Canadians on here, but 1) Team Canada is run by idiots, and 2) the main board posters deserve sadness. With no Flyers prospects on TC we can now hardcore root for Team USA.

patrio.png

I'm Canadian and they do such a bad job with TC that I dont even really watch or cheer much for them anymore. Too frustrating.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Brink is playing tonight.
Only caught the 2nd half of the game, but he looked great. Making plays all over the ice. Had two great chances himself (one post) and set up a couple others. Had a PP assist (a bit of a wonky play). Even got some PK time (don't they know he's bad defensively) and ragged the puck in his own zone before sending it off of the glass and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad