Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Honestly not even sure why Wisconsin sucks. 11 NHL draft picks (Holloway will likely be a first rounder this June) & 10 upperclassmen on the team.

Last edited:

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
What’s the story with this Max Willman kid on the Phantoms.

All I know he’s on loan from Reading ECHL and on a PTO with Lehigh Valley.

Should the Phantoms offer him an AHL contract for the rest of the season.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Any of us: black
Deadhead: actually it’s white

Deadhead: actually its white

Disagreeing with everything just because is incredibly obnoxious. That doesn’t make anyone cool, hip, a free thinker, or what have you. It makes you an ass, full-stop.

No point in even bring it up. People like him have themselves so convinced that they are smarter then everybody else that they are a lossed cause.

Dooblus Dooizfour

Nov 5, 2016
What’s the story with this Max Willman kid on the Phantoms.

All I know he’s on loan from Reading ECHL and on a PTO with Lehigh Valley.

Should the Phantoms offer him an AHL contract for the rest of the season.
I just watched him live twice this week against the baby b’s and from what I saw he was one of the lone bright spots.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Disagreeing with everything just because is incredibly obnoxious. That doesn’t make anyone cool, hip, a free thinker, or what have you. It makes you an ass, full-stop.

No, usually when someone resorts to insults, it means they don't know what they're talking about.
Funny, some people can have intelligent conversations around here, others just can't stand to have anything questioned.

Sure I question a lot of things, that's how you learn.
When you can't come up with good answers, do some more research.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I just watched him live twice this week against the baby b’s and from what I saw he was one of the lone bright spots.

Willman spent three years in Brown, but only played 9 games his fourth season due to a knee injury and really struggled as a graduate transfer at BU as a medical redshirt.
But his junior season, 31g 11-15 26, when he was 21 years old.
Originally drafted #121 by Buffalo in 2014.

"Willman is a late round project pick whose size and skating ability made him an intriguing option despite the fact that he had played just one year of prep school hockey after playing public school high school hockey in Massachusetts. He is a smooth skater with a flair for the offensive side of the game. "

The injury isn't specified, but I'll bet on an ACL, which would explain why he struggled the next year, but played so well in the ECHL the following season, two years after his injury.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You could either:
1) let Ghost be selected
2) trade him to a team that can protect him and expose a lesser talent
3) pay Seattle not to take him and expose a lesser talent.

It'll be Ghost, unless Myers goes belly up.
[Giroux, Hayes, Couts, TK will be protected, Lindblom/Patrick???, JVR, Voracek]
So either protect 7 forwards, or protect Ghost and expose both JVR and Voracek.

Now the trade decision depends on what's offered, paying Seattle is probably the worst option since they'd probably want a 1st plus.
If you trade him, you expose the same player you'd expose if you pay Seattle, but instead of giving up assets you gain assets.
If you let Ghost be selected, you don't lose another player but you don't gain the assets from a trade.

It probably comes down to both what is offered, and the progress next year of Zamula, Kalynuk (if signed), Hogberg (if signed) and York.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's dumb to offer Seattle a 1st to protect Ghost. I would rather trade the 1st to ADD another good D for next year and then still have 4 good Dmen post ED.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Might be cheap to pay Seattle to not take Ghost. Our incompetent staff is certainly doing everything in their power to lower his value. :laugh:

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I wouldn’t deal with Seattle. Maybe trade the odd guy out of a good deal was there and we had talent to replace them anyway. Seems like Ghost will be traded at this point.

Expansion Draft is a year and a half away. I’m not concerned about it until (or if) a bad personnel move happens with the expansion draft in mind. Fingers crossed nothing stupid happens

Reactions: Curufinwe

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If Ghost is on our roster next October, let alone by expansion, I will be surprised. Flyers already have their PP1 successor. 30 point 3rd pairing defenders on bad contracts aren't hard to find.

GONER. (But probably actually for real though).

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Would like to see Laczynski and Kalynuk both get signed in a few months. Allison too. That’d be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad