Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Phantoms:

Once again when Myers went from the Phantoms this year to the Flyers: toilet
Once Farabee and Frost went from the Phantoms this year to the Flyers: And even bigger toilet

They cannot score. They cannot even get shots off. They remind me of 3 years ago when they couldn't get out of their own end.

It's not Gordon as much as you think. You need talent don't you? Even Fred Shero would agree to that.

Attendance has dropped. It is incredibly boring hockey. You don't need Ambien, just watch the Phantoms instead. They are not Adirondack bad, but edging closer and closer.

Because Gordon is an extremely bad coach.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
My Morin hopes are already basically dead. I wish the best for him, especially since he seems like a great guy and has always been super positive/hardworking, but I just can't see him ever ending up a full time player here.
This was the year to prove he could stay healthy, and couldn't. If he is not traded before next year you gotta think he gets waived as I don't see them giving him the #7 spot and don't see the 8 Dmen thing happening again.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This was the year to prove he could stay healthy, and couldn't. If he is not traded before next year you gotta think he gets waived as I don't see them giving him the #7 spot and don't see the 8 Dmen thing happening again.
I can't even begin to make predictions anymore. So many things have happened that we all thought were nearly impossible, like Myers getting sent down, Hagg sticking around, and Stewart getting signed.

I sure as hell don't trust the management to do the right things.

When it comes to the players and prospects, I'm excited/optimistic as hell.
When it comes to the coaches and GM, I don't trust them for shit. :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I can't even begin to make predictions anymore. So many things have happened that we all thought were nearly impossible, like Myers getting sent down, Hagg sticking around, and Stewart getting signed.

I sure as hell don't trust the management to do the right things.
Just wait till the summer when they trade Ghost in the summer for futures, and re-sign Braun.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They will trade Ghost by the ED, and probably put Zamula or York in his spot in 2021-22.
Braun will be replaced by Friedman or a RHD they pick up in trade.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
ij7C1Va.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Cates is scoring a PPG as a 20 year old sophomore, on a team that plays a conservative, low scoring style of play.
He's filling out a NHL body, 6'2 190+ right now, probably 200+ in a year or two.
While he was an average skater at the WJC, by no means was he overwhelmed playing against top talent.

The guy he's probably closest to in style of play is Lindblom, and his career trajectory is very similar, Lindblom broke out at 20 in the SHL.
Cates has a high hockey IQ, which has a lot of value on top of a solid skill package.
I could easily see him ending up on a 2nd line as a "glue" guy.
Not the uber talent most teams want on the 1st line, but the solid soldier most teams need on the 2nd and 3rd lines.

Reactions: IronMarshal

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Middle-six indicates 2nd-line potential, and I don't see that in Cates. A guy who can fill-in occasionally in an upper-lineup spot when there are injuries, yes. But I don't think he's a guy you ever want full-time on your top 2 lines.

I pretty much compare him to Raffl.

So you think he has the potential to play on the 3rd line and fill in on the 2nd line but wouldn't describe him as having middle 6 potential?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
That Pavel Buchnevich guy on the USA WJC board is a peach. He’s completely convinced that Farabee will play at the WJC...which is odd since the Flyers have not made him available for the tournament. He’s playing well too and has established quite a bit of chemistry with Hayes & Laughton.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That Pavel Buchnevich guy on the USA WJC board is a peach. He’s completely convinced that Farabee will play at the WJC...which is odd since the Flyers have not made him available for the tournament. He’s playing well too and has established quite a bit of chemistry with Hayes & Laughton.

That guy is a nimrod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad