Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I wish I saved Captain's gifs. The one where Hagg is holding the number 8 would be really appropriate.

vSZoRGW.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Appleyard's still rocking Morin over Zamula and Kalynuk.

No idea how Allison can be #8, while Laczynski is #21.

I suppose hes not hung up on Tanners NCAA production and maybe doesnt think his skills will translate?

Reactions: renberg

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

Look like our own prospect poll is going to have Morin over Zamula and Kalynuk as well . It's just people's opinions and everyone is entitled to one .

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Good lord, I have to bring it up but that Habs guy when voting for prospects really thinks Suzuki should be higher than most and thinking that Frost and Heponiemi should be no where near the top is a f***ing joke. Got to love the guys that are so often f***ing wrong and can easily seen through just keep coming back to be embarrassed more. Sorry, had to bring it up because it's such a hilarious train wreck watching it.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Good lord, I have to bring it up but that Habs guy when voting for prospects really thinks Suzuki should be higher than most and thinking that Frost and Heponiemi should be no where near the top is a ****ing joke. Got to love the guys that are so often ****ing wrong and can easily seen through just keep coming back to be embarrassed more. Sorry, had to bring it up because it's such a hilarious train wreck watching it.
Yeah he is as biased as they come.

Side note: I also saw how Marody could be the Oilers #3C next year.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Top 20 Flyers Prospects: A conversation with assistant GM...

Flahr on Vorobyev:

What was missing in his game, from what you saw?

That’s a tough one to see. You watch him play in Lehigh, and he was playing with a lot of confidence and doing things on both sides of the puck. And then he got up here, and it just seemed he couldn’t quite get over the hump. Sometimes, it takes players three or four times to get up, to establish (themselves).

He’s a smart player, he has the skill set to play. It’s just finding his role, and being able to contribute when he gets that chance. Obviously, you’ve got a new coaching staff here and a clean slate, but he has a lot of intriguing qualities that our coaches will certainly like.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Other things I found interesting:

-Flahr thought Hogberg would get more ice time in the SHL than the AHL, and would benefit from gaining strength before hopefully coming over next year.

-They wanted to call Friedman up earlier last season. Has great mobility, and has settled down from trying to do too much with the puck & defensively. A vague hint that Friedman might be a guy who the new coaches take a liking to.

-Wanted to sign Laczynski at the end of his college season, because he's "more than ready" physically & mentally to challenge for a spot on the Flyers.

- Morin is "extremely intriguing to our new coaching staff. "

-They thought Kalynuk was ready to go pro, but he wanted to play another year in college.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Vorobyev has to improve his skating and quickness, but also raise his intensity level, in a bottom six role, you have to bring energy, and his game seems to be that of a playmaker, not a forechecker who forces things. A bit too laid back.

The other key is using his big body, not necessarily hitting everyone in sight, but winning board battles, pushing people off the puck defensively and going to the net - when you're that big and strong, you shouldn't play in space.

Reactions: Devonator

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

-Flahr thought Hogberg would get more ice time in the SHL than the AHL, and would benefit from gaining strength before hopefully coming over next year.

-They wanted to call Friedman up earlier last season. Has great mobility, and has settled down from trying to do too much with the puck & defensively. A vague hint that Friedman might be a guy who the new coaches take a liking to.

-Wanted to sign Laczynski at the end of his college season, because he's "more than ready" physically & mentally to challenge for a spot on the Flyers.

This is all good stuff.

The part about Hogberg especially, since why he wasn't coming over this summer has been a bit of a mystery to most up until now.

Hopefully the stuff about Morin means he has the inside track to be the #7 and that Hagg is not in their plans.

TRADE HAGG TRADE HAGG TRADE HAGG!!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

-They thought Kalynuk was ready to go pro, but he wanted to play another year in college.
Hopefully the Morin comments means the end of Hagg.

As for Laczynski....I wonder if he signed, would Hartman have been moved for a pick instead of Pitlick.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

Love it. I really and truly hope this means that Hagg is just gone.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If they told him he had a good shot to make the NHL roster and still he said no thanks, then it's hard to imagine him ever signing here.

That's exactly what it sounds like. He just doesn't want to be a Flyer for whatever reason. Is what it is. It's his right at the end of the day. Just as it's my right to tell him to go kick rocks lol

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Or he really likes college, and doesn't want to grow up just yet (professional hockey isn't "fun" the way being a big man on campus is).

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

For me I think Zamula+Kalynuk have pretty much ~#5 upside or so. Zamula wont get PP time in the NHL most likely, neither will Kalynuk - though tbf to Kalynuk he does not rely on PP for production really. I could see both maybe becoming #4's I guess.

Morin probably could play as a #5 now and hold his own. In limited NHL minutes he has held his own so far... not looked out of place.

For me Allison vs Laczynski is all down to upside. Allison I think has legit 2nd line ~50 point upside. Not sure Laczynski has more than solid 3rd line upside, and I am not sure he is a C at the next level either. NAK, Kase etc have similar kind of upside and I think are closer.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Vorobyev wasn't exactly an "energy guy" in the AHL, floated a lot, really good vision but his style is better suited to a top 6 role, his talents to a bottom six one.

NAK is a good example of an "energy guy," he flies around, just a bit straight line and stiff.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Vorobyev wasn't exactly an "energy guy" in the AHL, floated a lot, really good vision but his style is better suited to a top 6 role, his talents to a bottom six one.

NAK is a good example of an "energy guy," he flies around, just a bit straight line and stiff.

I mean, Vorobyev is great defensively... and a very good PKer to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad