Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
New Phantoms Andreoff and Berube Shine As Phantoms Move to 2-0 in Preseason - Lehigh Valley Phantoms

Phantoms Top Penguins 3-1 to Sweep Preseason Series With Penguins
September 29, 2019

Lehigh Valley, Pa. – The Lehigh Valley Phantoms (2-0-0-0) got two-point performances out of both Andy Andreoff and T.J. Brennan on Sunday afternoon in a 3-1 victory over the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (0-2-0-0) on Sunday in a preseason matinee at PPL Center. The Phantoms saw Andy Andreoff, Nic Aube-Kubel, and Mikhail Vorobyev all find the back of the net while goaltender J-F Berube was stellar in his first action on the ice as a Phantom making 22 saves.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The Pixies are esoteric now?

What a world.

source.gif

Not so much the Pixies as the message I was trying to convey with the lyrics.

Reactions: pit

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Point is, if he is healthy right now, playing tonight makes sense so there is not such a gap since he last played AND it gives someone else off from playing b2b nights.

If he still isn't 100% and is 95ish, then sure, give him the night off and get the extra days in before playing.

I think LOGIC would say, we will find out today when the lineup is released.

Reactions: Curufinwe

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Clearing some space in Lehigh Valley.
In addition, the Phantoms have loaned forward Steven Swavely and defenseman David Drake and Rob Michel to the Reading Royals of the ECHL. Josh Couturier, Trevor Gooch, Nick Master, and Trevor Yates have been released from their professional try-outs.

Gooch and Yates are on ECHL deals with Reading, Master and Couturier are contracted with the Maine Mariners.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Phantoms will have to scratch one of first six guys for each game this season.

Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

O'Reilly 861 games
Brennan 698
Prosser 481
Andreoff 391
Wotherspoon 385
Carey 326

Gabriel 302

The two guys closest to the 260 cutoff are:

Bigras 225
Aube-Kubel 212

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Weird they would not dress a 100% healthy Frost in a b2b game forcing someone else to double up on workload when Frost has only played 2 pre-season games. You would think they would want that 100% healthy player to get a game in to get rust off from lack of playing games.

Or...they are being cautious because he still was not 100% healthy when sent down.

Either way, it's the right call. Let him have more time to heal/rehab and hopefully turn the page on this nagging groin injury, never to return again. Then show you took the demotion like a pro and go out and prove them wrong.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Or... he's healthy and would've played but it's a meaningless game so they're just being cautious... like the tweet says.

Why are we jumping to conclusions for no reason?

Regardless, he shouldn't have been sent down because whether he's 100% or 99%, he won't be out long enough for him to lose out on that 3C spot that should obviously be his.

But oh well, nothing matters.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well there's actually no such thing as being 100%... no doctor or staff could ever accurately know that. At best you reach a point where you feel nothing and the doctors believe you're no longer at risk of re-injury. What we know for sure is that he was healthy enough to be cleared to play by the team doctors, get sent down, and he practiced.

Plus it's not even the regular season yet and it's reasonable for them to want to be ultra-safe instead of play in a meaningless AHL preseason game. It's not like he's fighting for a spot so why not look at other guys. Same as why we let Ghost sit.

If he sits in a regular season game, then speculate away. Until then, I see no reason for concern. Nothing here is abnormal.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Sure it's the same...if you ignore he was day to day and missed our 1st pre-season game...then missed more preseason games...and then being held out of both AHL games on B2B nights...all while going 13 days in between games.

Being cautious is the right thing to do...and it was for a reason.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I guess if people are determined to excuse him being sent down, it's way easier if they pretend he's still hurt.

We'll just ignore all contrary information, like the fact that he was cleared. Nobody ever sits out preseason games when healthy.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That's all I'm asking for.

Based on the information we have now, the logical conclusion is that he's healthy.
If he sits out a regular season game then we have additional information and we can adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad