Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
xDxh9Iq.gif

Reactions: GagneHanson12

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Magua

After watching Robert Thomas hold his on in the SC playoffs at 19, how does he compare with Frost?

Thomas had a more mature body which is why he's in the NHL and Frost remained in juniors, but otherwise they were drafted pretty close and seem to have similar skill sets.

I'm not Magua, and I don't know about the comparison to Frost, but I can tell you for sure that during the time that Matchhbox 20 was active, Thomas did pretty much nothing but hold his own.

I am speaking, of course, about his own wang.

/thread

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Who is Matchbox 20?

I keep missing what seem to be dreadful cultural moves, I've totally skipped Rap and Hip Hop, for example, skirted Hair Metal, and pretty much ignore "Hat" acts out of Nashville. And have no idea what Electronica/Dance Music is, other than it sounds like something you could only stand with the help of a double dose of Molly

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pantokrator

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
And have no idea what Electronica/Dance Music is, other than it sounds like something you could only stand with the help of a double dose of Molly
Hey we finally agree on something. Actually we probably have similar music taste, I love the dead and especially jgb.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Who is Matchbox 20?

I keep missing what seem to be dreadful cultural moves, I've totally skipped Rap and Hip Hop, for example, skirted Hair Metal, and pretty much ignore "Hat" acts out of Nashville. And have no idea what Electronica/Dance Music is, other than it sounds like something you could only stand with the help of a double dose of Molly

All you need to know is that anyone named Robb Thomas eats ass hand over fist and is to be despised unreservedly. You know that I am right about virtually everything, so just trust me.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
@Magua

After watching Robert Thomas hold his on in the SC playoffs at 19, how does he compare with Frost?

Thomas had a more mature body which is why he's in the NHL and Frost remained in juniors, but otherwise they were drafted pretty close and seem to have similar skill sets.

Well, I actually had Thomas like 12 or 13 that draft. Big fan. It makes sense to me why he made the NHL at 19, given his more mature body, as you said. He's certainly more embracing of physicality than Frost, and he's immensely detailed and mature in his game too. I think he'll continue to grow and become a top notch, do everything 2C.

That said, as Frost has shown in his D+1 and D+2 years, his raw talent is above Thomas'. They're both playmakers, but Frost may be downright elite there. Neither was much of a goal scorer in his draft year, but Frost has grown in that area a lot more to me. Thomas is a good skater, but he can't touch Frost at full speed or on his edges. Thomas was always more of a floor player, but I'll be surprised if Frost doesn't have the higher offensive ceiling.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
So, Gordon is going back?

Yeah who needs to have a system. :facepalm:

There will have to be much more communication from the Flyers to the Phantoms about developing a franchise-wide system. The plus in the current situation is the veteran coaching staff on the Flyers. The minus – and I'm speculating wildly here – is with Gordon the recently-NHL-coach returning to his original job with probably a bit more self-importance. I hope that the clear message to Gordon is that with Vigneault bringing in his system, Gordon must be in lockstep with the major point of it. I don't want Gordon to think that he got a sniff of the NHL so he can confidently continue doing exactly what he has always done with the Phantoms.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Gordon is on the last year of his deal, so I didn't expect him to get fired, or get a better job somewhere else.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Gordon is on the last year of his deal, so I didn't expect him to get fired, or get a better job somewhere else.
Good point. They can just send him down for a year and then replace him next off-season if they choose. Maybe they want at least some continuity, and to be fair he is very familiar with the prospects. Having his input in camp could help their assessments.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Who is Matchbox 20?

Wow, this is a real shocker

dag54

Aug 3, 2005
Did O'brien make a decision yet on where he'll play next year? There was on article on April 23rd that said he's going to the bchl. But according to Carchidi's article a day later, he said he hasn't made up his mind yet. In Carchidi's article, O'brien said he had two more weeks of classes, and then will make up his mind. Did anybody hear anything yet?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Did O'brien make a decision yet on where he'll play next year? There was on article on April 23rd that said he's going to the bchl. But according to Carchidi's article a day later, he said he hasn't made up his mind yet. In Carchidi's article, O'brien said he had two more weeks of classes, and then will make up his mind. Did anybody hear anything yet?

No but I’d imagine it’s Penticton in the BCHL like it was initially rumored.

Reactions: dag54
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad