Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
BU having their way up 7-2 still 7 mins left . Merrimack ranked 49th and it looks like it .

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They very well could still offer him a contract again after this year. I’m just saying now you see the potential risk in passing up an NHL contract from his standpoint as his stock has taken a hit this year.
Maybe this scares him into accepting a deal if one is offered to him.

He should be accepting it anyway, but now he also realizes that there are extra risks in waiting.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You can get injured at either level, they bring him up and he gets injured, you gonna say they should have left him in the AHL?
Real issue was NAK didn't play above a 4th line level, and instead of 7 minutes in Philly, they wanted him playing 14 minutes in LHV. He wasn't going to play ahead of Simmonds, and he wasn't going to get a lot of PK time on a unit that's just regained its groove.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
You can get injured at either level, they bring him up and he gets injured, you gonna say they should have left him in the AHL?
Real issue was NAK didn't play above a 4th line level, and instead of 7 minutes in Philly, they wanted him playing 14 minutes in LHV. He wasn't going to play ahead of Simmonds, and he wasn't going to get a lot of PK time on a unit that's just regained its groove.
They were before and currently are letting Robert "Jack of No Trades" Hagg play in the NHL, and he is no where near a finished product. The fact that they are developing some players and not others at the NHL level shows thier awful bias.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
From Rotruck:
Bad news today: Nicolas Aube-Kubel has an injury from yesterday's game and is expected out of the lineup for the foreseeable future, perhaps for an extended time-frame. No specific timeline has been set. But we won't be seeing him for a little while.
Oh, that's good news.

Thanks

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Flyers interested in trading for Manning.

:naughty:

giphy.gif

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Allison was hurt going into the season so wouldn't he have gotten his full NHL salary until he started playing for the phantoms (like Laberge right now)? That's hundreds of thousands of dollars lost. I forget when he started playing though; seems like he would have missed a few months if he turned pro. Not like its any guarantee he has an NHL career and gets rich doing it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
From my understanding guys who have two-way contracts who enter the year on that special injured reserve list like Laberge don’t get paid their full NHL salary but they get a certain percentage of it that’s equals out more than their AHL salary. What those numbers are I would have no idea.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Interesting. I guess the CBA protects against malingering for those who don't have confidence in themselves to make it to the NHL.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Interesting. I guess the CBA protects against malingering for those who don't have confidence in themselves to make it to the NHL.

I don't think that is really the purpose... especially considering that if they did not have confidence somehow it would actually make sense to somehow be injured and be on NHL roster as it means more money than AHL where they would be otherwise.

Plus no-one who has reached that level barring some very exceptional circumstances (serious personal issues either external or internal) would not have the confidence that they could play in the NHL. It is within touching distance at that point even if you are a bottom six AHLer, and the team have believed in you enough to give an ELC... which are not given out like candy due to contract limits. Plus 95% of pro sportsmen pretty much still love playing!

Reactions: macleish1974

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They were before and currently are letting Robert "Jack of No Trades" Hagg play in the NHL, and he is no where near a finished product. The fact that they are developing some players and not others at the NHL level shows thier awful bias.

Hagg plays RW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad