Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You guys are just weak - I read that whole ****ing thing. Full disclosure - I wanted to see where he put Bunny (honorable mention) - but I did read it all. I thought he had Ike very high and didn't really explain that one very well. Lists always drive me nuts, but I fight against the urge to rage at them too much. Some of the "Greatest Films of All Time," or "Albums," or "Books" ... it's really a miracle that I haven't been institutionalized over some of these ****ing things.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, the jury is out on Zamula's frame, he's tall, but not sure he can even bulk up as much as Sanheim, who struggles physically at times given his higher center of gravity. We'll see how Zamula fills out and whether it impacts his skating and quickness.

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
You guys are just weak - I read that whole ****ing thing. Full disclosure - I wanted to see where he put Bunny (honorable mention) - but I did read it all. I thought he had Ike very high and didn't really explain that one very well. Lists always drive me nuts, but I fight against the urge to rage at them too much. Some of the "Greatest Films of All Time," or "Albums," or "Books" ... it's really a miracle that I haven't been institutionalized over some of these ****ing things.

Top 10 "Top 10" lists of all time, whatta ya got? I go with:

1. Letterman's last "Top 10" list.
2. Biggest turds of all time.
3. Most accurate 3-point shooters in NBA history.
4. Worst golf spectator accidents.
5. Highest fives given.
6. Deadliest revolvers.
7. Best "Married with Children" co-stars.
8. Tastiest buffets.
9. Unlistenable Yoko Ono songs.
10. Letterman's first "Top 10" list.

That was awful, and I'm not even intoxicated.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Zamula 16th, which feels better than having him in the top 10.

I had him at #18 personally, as much as I like his game... simply as I dont see more than #4 upside, and others who have similar upside are closer.

I can understand how people might have him higher if they see his skillset translating to being say a #3 Dman, but not sure he is dynamic enough at 5v5 like say Sanheim, Provorov and Myers are to reach those heady heights. Hopefully I am wrong though.

Reactions: renberg

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Pretty surprised Charlie has NAK higher than Appleyard.

I like NAK... but don't see more than a good 3rd liner from him. For example I had Vorobyev over him because while I see similar offensive ceilings Vorobyev is also a C, and a 3C is easily worth more than a solid 3W.

And you are right, Charlie had him at #10, me at #13. But that was a difficult tier to separate guys in.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Top 10 "Top 10" lists of all time, whatta ya got? I go with:

1. Letterman's last "Top 10" list.
2. Biggest turds of all time.
3. Most accurate 3-point shooters in NBA history.
4. Worst golf spectator accidents.
5. Highest fives given.
6. Deadliest revolvers.
7. Best "Married with Children" co-stars.
8. Tastiest buffets.
9. Unlistenable Yoko Ono songs.
10. Letterman's first "Top 10" list.

That was awful, and I'm not even intoxicated.

I would add:
  • Most nauseating power-tool fails
  • Most over-the-top Nicholas Cage scenes
  • Worst things to put on a pizza
  • Strangest uses of a corkscrew
  • Most inappropriate eulogies
  • Cleverest insults that don't use a profanity

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I had him at #18 personally, as much as I like his game... simply as I dont see more than #4 upside, and others who have similar upside are closer.

I can understand how people might have him higher if they see his skillset translating to being say a #3 Dman, but not sure he is dynamic enough at 5v5 like say Sanheim, Provorov and Myers are to reach those heady heights. Hopefully I am wrong though.

#4 is definitely his ceiling. #5 is most likely what he ends up as at the NHL level. Putting on muscle is imperative.

Reactions: Appleyard

TB87

May 30, 2018
Corey Pronman has Owen Tippett listed as an elite prospect (3 overall among NHL prospects) and Hayton at 5th. Umm...what?

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

We're very far apart on Zamula. You have Samuel Morin 7 spots higher than Zamula? Morin is 5 years older than him, and with a fraction of his puck skills and smarts. I don't get it.

A lot of what made Morin intriguing 5 years ago barely matters in today's NHL. I'm not buying it. I think looking at the last couple NHL drafts makes it pretty clear what skill-sets are coveted currently.

The only advantage Morin might have is skating. Even then, Zamula's skating is still strong, and will only get better with natural maturity.

As for Zamula's upside, I don't know, maybe we think differently. Putting a rigid distinction between #3 upside or #4 upside seems damn near impossible when dealing with a lanky, 18 year old, physically immature kid showing such rapid improvements lately.

A lot of stuff in your rankings I disagree with. Which is fine and natural. But this one seems really off the wall.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
#4 is definitely his ceiling. #5 is most likely what he ends up as at the NHL level. Putting on muscle is imperative.

Again with the ceilings? How do you put such a rigid distinction like that on a kid like this? I find it so weird. I can barely tell the difference between a #3 and 4, or 4 and 5, if they're an established NHL player. It's so subjective and ever evolving.

Reactions: Foggy14

TB87

May 30, 2018
Again with the ceilings? How do you put such a rigid distinction like that on a kid like this? I find it so weird. I can barely tell the difference between a #3 and 4, or 4 and 5, if they're an established NHL player. It's so subjective and ever evolving.

It’s just a different way of saying 2nd pair or 3rd pair defenseman

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I would add:
  • Most nauseating power-tool fails
  • Most over-the-top Nicholas Cage scenes
  • Worst things to put on a pizza
  • Strangest uses of a corkscrew
  • Most inappropriate eulogies
  • Cleverest insults that don't use a profanity

1. Can't understand French people speaking English.
2. Can't understand how my granddaughter became smarter than me.
3. Why double chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce tastes so good.
4. How a president cannot write a sentence.
5. Explaining why the earth is round instead of flat to a creationist.
6. How people believe that dinosaurs and people inhabited the earth at the same time.
7. Trying to understand quantum entanglement while drunk.
8. Believing the Flyers are a good team.
9. Why the Flyers are a bad team.
10. Cannot accept that before birth and after death are the same thing even if true.

Reactions: hatcher

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
NHL readiness and track record have to have weight in rankings. Morin is going to play NHL games this season. He could very well be an established starter by September. Zamula has had ~ 40 good games, before which no one thought he was draft worthy. He'll probably need another 200 before he plays in the NHL.

Reactions: Adtar02

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
We're very far apart on Zamula. You have Samuel Morin 7 spots higher than Zamula? Morin is 5 years older than him, and with a fraction of his puck skills and smarts. I don't get it.

A lot of what made Morin intriguing 5 years ago barely matters in today's NHL. I'm not buying it. I think looking at the last couple NHL drafts makes it pretty clear what skill-sets are coveted currently.

The only advantage Morin might have is skating. Even then, Zamula's skating is still strong, and will only get better with natural maturity.

As for Zamula's upside, I don't know, maybe we think differently. Putting a rigid distinction between #3 upside or #4 upside seems damn near impossible when dealing with a lanky, 18 year old, physically immature kid showing such rapid improvements lately.

A lot of stuff in your rankings I disagree with. Which is fine and natural. But this one seems really off the wall.
He makes a list i agree with some and disagree with some . You make a list i agree with some and disagree with some. I make a list and you will both agree and disagree on some that's how this works . The fact is we are having fun putting lists together and then debating , but none of us really have a clue no matter how much we think we do . Lists are fun to do .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad